SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   superhawk vs. turboed/aftermarket intake nissan sentra ser spec-v (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/superhawk-vs-turboed-aftermarket-intake-nissan-sentra-ser-spec-v-15757/)

Death Cattle 08-10-2008 07:42 PM

superhawk vs. turboed/aftermarket intake nissan sentra ser spec-v

any takers. ill be kicking ass before winter hopefully. my cousin thinks a lot of his car.

Condor 08-10-2008 08:21 PM

Beat him so badly that he is in awe and then i can sell him my Hawk.

DuCaTi_HuNtEr 08-10-2008 08:38 PM

You'll gap him so bad off the line that he will never catch back up... We ride bikes for a reason.

Death Cattle 08-10-2008 09:21 PM

haha, ill try condor. he wont have much money after he gets the turbo he wants though. he seems to think that if he gets full advantage of first gear that he'll be able to keep up with me. i guess he doesnt realize that first gear on a bike is pretty damn fast also.

filter69 08-10-2008 09:39 PM

SAd...Poor boy is deluded into thinking Power2Weight and Physics dont apply to his car.

Death Cattle 08-11-2008 08:49 AM

thats what it seems to be. he also says that his tires just burn out right off the line, so i know he would use that as an excuse to him losing. even if i just told him to dump the clutch at a lower rpm or start off gassing it less, he would still use it as an excuse.

haknslash 08-11-2008 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You will take him easily.

I had a modded Neon SRT4 for a couple years and that car had way more power and torque than what a basic turbo'd SER is going to make....and the SH would hand the SRT4 its ass in anything but a topend pull (SRT4 reaches 160+ mph easily stock).

He's right on them not hooking. I learned the hard way that FWD + 280whp/310 ft lbs. + LSD do not go hand in hand on street tires LOL. Gets old. Unless your friend is trapping over 120 mph in the quarter I wouldn't even waste my time trying to prove the point to him.

Here's my old pumpkin

Attachment 30489

Erik S. 08-11-2008 09:24 AM

Tell him to put away the excuses and learn to street race. Start in 2nd gear, if he truly has that much power.

Hell, spot him 50 ft., you'll still beat his ass.

Death Cattle 08-11-2008 09:49 AM

haha, ya know, i might have to spot him that 50 feet just to shut him up. but, haknslash, if i dont race him and show him whats what, then he'll just continue to think he can keep up with me. that, and it will be fun. he's my cousin by the way, so i can embarass him without caring at all. haha.

haknslash 08-11-2008 10:53 AM

haha nothing like a good ole grudge match between family members :)

spot him the 50 ft. be sure to video and post it :D

Tweety 08-11-2008 12:19 PM

You are on a bike... Your rearwheel have a contact patch of a dime... He's in a cage... It has two friggin wide wheels with a contact patch of a dollar bill each... And he's making excuses for having poor tracktion...?!

I'd say it's his choice... either he smokes his tires or tries to smoke you... Having a lot of power doesn't make you fast... I would know...:rolleyes:

If I was on your side of the pond I'd show him a bike he could try to compete against... Hayabusa with a turbo... that sounds fair no? He's got a turbo and i got a turbo...:D Unfortunately in the 1/4 mile he'd smoke me... badly... simply because of power...:D 510bhp on a dime of rubber isn't fast of the line... But at speed a cage doesn't stand a chance...

radbikers 08-11-2008 12:35 PM

Spot him the 50 feet and MAKE SURE you get some to video it and his reaction afterwards...We want to watch that... :D

Dan Cronin 08-11-2008 03:06 PM

Spot him the 50'. Wait until he accepts and then let him know you're going to tape it. Beat him like a rented mule, watch him cry afterwards.

People raving "fast" cars kill me. They have no idea. If he chicken out, give em a helmet and put on the back for a death ride. Educate the boy.

Tweety 08-11-2008 04:36 PM

Well... a fast car IS fast... but usually not of the line... A good tuned car could hand out a spanking to a SH (or any other bike) on a roll-on... And most would beat you in a top end run... But from a stand-still a bike will almost always win...

filter69 08-11-2008 04:49 PM

Fast Boats scare the shit outa me personally
dad had a friggin old junker 14 ft fiberglass boat back in the day was rated for a 30 hp ......

So whats he do he reinforces the transom with stainless....and straps a merc. inline 6 200
to the damn thing and goes tro lake wichita (ill never forget this) big ass brass speed prop...
which be put on say ok boy get so we take off slow "cruising" at about 75-80..... then he HITS it as i wet my pants im 8 or 9 yrs old at this time......he is using a air speed indicator
since the boat stops at 45.....right about 125 ish ..... the boat starts to plane out....
and hooks up then starts effictivly "flying". somewhere around that time i think my dad saw god. and slams the boat into neutral at which point we swamped like a mother f'er im rooling to the front of the boat so things are a bit blurry at this point but a 10 ft wave of water come over the back of the boat and floods the boat and makes the nose of the boat dive under water like a submarine..... im really thinking at this point im gonna crap myself...
as im rolling aorund in the 3 ft of water in the boat.....then my dad grabs me puts my back in my seat (he's white as a ghost at this point) and says NOW that was FUN DAMMIT!!!
then we started laughing our asses off .... bad part he forgot to put the cotter pin in the crown nut....we had lost the prop so we drifted for about and hr then padddled to shore(pre cell phone) but ill never forget thaty little boat ride hehehe

Which to this day he denies ever happened in the company of my mother......

Death Cattle 08-11-2008 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Cronin (Post 175959)
Spot him the 50'. Wait until he accepts and then let him know you're going to tape it. Beat him like a rented mule, watch him cry afterwards.

People raving "fast" cars kill me. They have no idea. If he chicken out, give em a helmet and put on the back for a death ride. Educate the boy.

i would not throw him on the back for my life. he's fat, and i like my superhawk, i dont want to punish it.

Galaxieman 08-11-2008 10:50 PM

Him:
http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan-Sent...slip-7664.html

You: (my best time)
http://www.jim-n-mandie.com/blog/upl...076-755780.jpg

Can you say pwn3d? I knew you could kids...

Edited to add: My worst time was a 12.22...

haknslash 08-12-2008 04:19 AM

Galaxieman, just curious but what did the rest of your slip look like (60ft, 660ft, etc)? Also what were your mods, if any? Haven't been able to find too many times on what the hawk can do stock, modded, etc. Thanks

Death Cattle 08-12-2008 08:47 PM

haha, awesome.

Death Cattle 08-12-2008 10:02 PM

galaxieman, what rpm's do you launch at? do you launch and then pin it in first gear or back off a little so you dont wheelie? i havent tried a launch on my bike yet, though im sure it wouldnt take me long to get it down. just curious.