SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   superhawk vs 636 (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/superhawk-vs-636-a-16629/)

pzurek18 10-29-2008 06:44 PM

superhawk vs 636

Alright guys, well my buddy just bought an 2005 ninja 636 today, and let me tell ya, its a nice bike and all but he is just wayyyyy to cocky with it. Im just curious of all the people that have either raced, ridden, or know some how like how does the superhawk compare to it?

am i going to get totally raped in a race?
just overall everything like how will the superhawk compete with this 636 of course i stood my ground and let him know that the superhawk will do more than stand its own, but im just more curiour from other members on the form.

Thanks anything will help,
Paul

superchicken99 10-29-2008 06:53 PM

smoked one

I race one during the summer from a stop light for atleast a quarter mile and I left him far behind. I got some work done though but a lot also depends on the rider.

captainchaos 10-29-2008 06:59 PM

I'm assuming you're talking a roll on. If he knows how to ride it and keeps the revs up he'll pull on you some I'm sure, but you'll walk him, at least for awhile, if he doesn't keep it at the top of the tach. From a stoplight it's going to come down to the rider...all things being equal the 636 I'm assuming will be a little faster. But the superhawk makes more torque where you ride most of the time, it's going to feel faster everywhere but at the very top of the rev range.

pzurek18 10-29-2008 07:02 PM

ya i dont want to rat on him but hes a squid lol sometimes it seems like he just wanted the bike just to look cool and say he has a brand new ninja, but ya im just curious like from a roll on? dead stop? twisties, but obviously top end hes got superhawks way beat, but those speeds arent even fun, there just dumb after a point.

RK1 10-29-2008 07:06 PM

"am I going to get totally raped in a race?"

If he was at least as skilled a rider as you? Yep.

dakmatik 10-29-2008 07:17 PM

Practice launching that thing. You'll be suprised just how fast it'll take off out of the hole.

rahjer 10-29-2008 07:20 PM

My buddy has an '06 636 with Arata slipon and Power Commander, and it's pretty fast.

We've been to 2 track days now together, and my Hawk holds up pretty good against it. We swapped for a couple of sessions at the big track at Willow Springs, and he was all impressed with the torque and how well it launches out of corners, and I was all annoyed that if you went into the uphill turn 3 in the wrong gear, the thing just crawled. But on the long front straight, even if I get a really good launch out of turn 9, the 636 will beat me to turn 1... barely.

At Streets of Willow, the smaller, tighter track, he didn't stand a chance. He said he was working the gear box for all it was worth, but he said he had to carry way too much corner speed to be able to keep up with me out of the corners.

I'm sure this is tinted a bit by our different riding experiences, and how much longer I've been riding than him. I wouldn't be too worried about being spanked though.

Roger

pzurek18 10-29-2008 07:35 PM

ya some im guessing what everyones saying is it'll be pretty much the same on normal roads and stufff daily driving?

cal2az 10-29-2008 09:39 PM

It totally depends on the rider. The 636 itself will out brake and out handle the SH in the twisties. Im pretty sure the 636 will outrun the SH in top speed as well.

Erik S. 10-30-2008 03:37 AM

My buddy has a 04 636. Off the line and in roll-ons, my SH beats him every time. Don't know about top-end. He says he gets some head shake, so he doesn't run it up as far.

I did a 16/43 sprocket change this week. He rode the SH for the first time. Thoroughly impressed by the torque, that his arms were gonna get ripped off in first gear.

So all but top speed, I know my Hawk will beat him.

AZZKIKER 10-30-2008 05:22 AM

My brother has an 06 636. Compared to the SH, he will only beat it on a long straightaway. From a dead stop, you will kill him. You need an expert to run a 600 FAST but it has the potential. A normal rider won't be able to overcome the off-the line torque of the SH.

L8RGYZ 10-30-2008 09:51 AM

I got 2 friends w/636s. One is a really cool looking black naked w/ the LSL/Spiegler Superbike bars. Even on my favorite road I look back & they are right on my tail with those things. I know I am working harder than they are cuz they've got that nice slice & dice suspension. And maybe they just ride better.

Anyway, for street riding the Super Hawk will hold its own. You certainly won't be left behind.

swordfish 10-30-2008 10:44 AM

the last 636 I rode was a '03 but I'm assuming things didn't change much. compared to the hawk, the 636 is a dog below 10,000rpm. so you should be ok with stoplight drag runs. typically on a twisty road, the 636 would have an edge, but if he's as much of a squid as you say, then find a road with some point and shoot corners(anything sharper than 90 degrees) and he'll either get left behind, or he'll bin it trying to keep up. unless he's got some skills, long straight speed runs are the only area where he'll have an edge. the '03 I rode topped out around 165 indicated, so in all out top speed, he's probably a bit faster but not much.