SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   SuperHawk nooooo CanCan (worth a laugh) (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/superhawk-nooooo-cancan-worth-laugh-26905/)

havoc7685 10-30-2011 12:42 PM

SuperHawk nooooo CanCan (worth a laugh)

Soooooooo I was changing my oil for the end of the season an got bored, so decided taken off my cans would b a great idea or atleast worth a few giggles. gotta say tho I kinda like it thinking I might try an make some straight pipes for it out of 3" mayb 4" inch pipe.

I know taken out the baffles is popular but this seems fun. Probly wldnt make it a week before I get pulled over. But if ya cld use a good laugh pull your cans an enjoy the funny looks =p

P.s. cans are going back on...................probly ;)

mertechperformance 10-30-2011 03:48 PM

is there supposed to be a video here?

jay956 10-30-2011 04:01 PM

it will make the bike run like crap btw

havoc7685 10-30-2011 04:27 PM

No, no video just posting wat happened. Sorry if I had a way to take a video I wld cuz its about amazing ;)

@jay956. It actully did the reverse it runs better lol I don't know how or why but it dose. Plus it had the strange affect of I usally shift right before 5grand (crusing speed anyway) now its more around 6 grand??? Again no idea. Beside retardedly. Its almost better in every way. Any thoughts?

havoc7685 10-30-2011 04:52 PM

Oops ment "beside retardedly loud"

nath981 10-30-2011 05:05 PM

i cut the ends out and pulled one of the little pipes out and it runs and sounds good. But i want to cut the mufflers off behind the rear peg support and weld the ends back on. That would eliminate the two little pipes left inside and leave the divider that's inside the muffler at the support bracket. This would cut about half the weight hangin out the rear.

Whatever that divider is or does and how performance will be affected, I have no clue. But others who have dissected the OEM muffler may know the answers. It doesn't seem that it would be much different than an ebay Chinese muffler.

havoc7685 10-30-2011 05:13 PM

If I do the straight pipe thing it would be just for something to do. I know I cld just buy some but be a fun easy dys project.

While there off I did pull the baffles an packing out of the end gonna throw them back on an see how it sounds. Probly gonna paint them flat black while I'm at it, all of my plastics an windscreen is. Actully so are my lights lol. On a side note that lens tint that is suppose to b transparent wen you turn your lights on dosent work for shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit lol did my head light to match regreted it sence =p

nath981 10-30-2011 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by havoc7685 (Post 317390)
If I do the straight pipe thing it would be just for something to do. I know I cld just buy some but be a fun easy dys project.

While there off I did pull the baffles an packing out of the end gonna throw them back on an see how it sounds. Probly gonna paint them flat black while I'm at it, all of my plastics an windscreen is. Actully so are my lights lol. On a side note that lens tint that is suppose to b transparent wen you turn your lights on dosent work for shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit lol did my head light to match regreted it sence =p

WTF are you doing down there, snortin bath salts? You're havin way too much fun tearing shit apart, painting lights and blackin everything out to be straight.:eek:

7moore7 10-30-2011 06:22 PM

If taking the pipes off improves performance, your bike isn't running properly.

Glad I could help!

Cafe Racer 10-30-2011 08:19 PM

^^^:iagree:

Miguel

havoc7685 10-30-2011 08:40 PM

Yeah I was kinda wondering about that? Any ideas why that would b we can reverse trouble shoot this lol found a solution before a problem =p

nath981 10-30-2011 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by havoc7685 (Post 317406)
Yeah I was kinda wondering about that? Any ideas why that would b we can reverse trouble shoot this lol found a solution before a problem =p

maybe you ought to wait to tune for performance, that is until you figure out what pipe configuration you end up with.

havoc7685 10-30-2011 09:26 PM

Well I'm almost 100% sure I'm just gonna throw my stock vance cans back on. I have taken the baffle and packing out of the end. Sometime nxt week between 2nd and 4th. Ill post up wat the results are of that. only other mods have been cct, r/r, an sprockets. An she's pretty old 98 with 67,000 miles yep that's right lol 67,000 lol 40,000 of wich were all in the last 2years. But she still running strong as ever well minus this new thing I guess lol.

8541Hawk 10-30-2011 11:19 PM

:english:

havoc7685 10-30-2011 11:30 PM

8541hawk been awhile =p obviously my english hasn't gotten any better lol. How ya been? Any input on why my bike would run better with no cans?

Tweety 10-31-2011 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by havoc7685 (Post 317415)
8541hawk been awhile =p obviously my english hasn't gotten any better lol. How ya been? Any input on why my bike would run better with no cans?

My thumb hurts, why?

Not that easy to answer, huh? But if I tell you I just dropped a ball of hot soldering tin on it and got a blister, it's a bit easier...

Try doing the same with you question... Add the info we need to answer and you might actually get a useful one... ;)

We know you have aftermarket pipes, but what setup do you have in the carbs?

havoc7685 10-31-2011 11:13 AM

Yay now tweety's here to lol kinda missed you guys, get whisken in here an it'll b like old times ;p

Ok pipes stock (minus taken out rear baffle an packing), cct changed, r/r changed, sprocket setup changed, tiaga shift lever an brake lever.

Mechanicaly everything on the bike is stock. Had the carbs cleaned an a slide replaced about 9months ago but pretty sure its stock setup, bought the bike from a dealer with 20,000 already on it so not sure if the PO changed them.

Tweety 10-31-2011 11:38 AM

If the pipes had packing in it, they wheren't stock... The stock Honda pipes are a chamber design with a labyrinth of pipes and no packing... Ie, you have aftermarket pipes...

If you take out the packing/baffle, then they are also modified, so all bets are off... I'd say repack them and go from there...

havoc7685 10-31-2011 02:38 PM

Huh??? I did not know that I thought the vances were stock lol. Like every super hawk I've seen has the vances or an obviously aftermarket can still learning I guess, thanx tweety.

So when I re pack an baffle then what? What am i trying to accomplish by doing that?

mertechperformance 11-01-2011 03:28 PM

Put the pipe down, call a professional and have them fix it...

Tweety 11-01-2011 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by havoc7685 (Post 317468)
Huh??? I did not know that I thought the vances were stock lol. Like every super hawk I've seen has the vances or an obviously aftermarket can still learning I guess, thanx tweety.

So when I re pack an baffle then what? What am i trying to accomplish by doing that?

The packaging in the pipes are what makes them reduce sound, specifically the higher tones, which potentially hurt yours and other peoples ears... If you have no packing in them, and they are aluminium, it's not only louder, but you can infact damage your hearing... Having packing in there doesn't change the percieved noise that much, but it keeps the damaging frequencies away...

The stock pipes does the same by making a labyrinth that traps the higher frequencies, and needs no packing...

Also, by changing the aftermarket pipes, you are most likely changing the backpressure, and that changes the way you set up the carbs... Ie, the pipes are probably designed to work with stock setup, and don't need altered jets, but with no packing, it's a lot more guesswork how to set the carbs up, and no real gain to be had vs having packing... The baffles are probably optional, and shouldn't change the setup though...

havoc7685 11-05-2011 07:50 PM

Alright cool I got ya. I finally got around to putting them back on today, probly pull them again tomorrow an re-pack, see wat happens. Sense I'm back in ohio an can put my bike up for the winter I'm gonna try an get some stuff done it. Rear brakes (haven't had those in like a year now lol) an some other odds an ends.

Kinda off subject but I found a road course race track up here with open track for bikes an hopen to get my bike ready for that next season.