SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Stolen Bike! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/stolen-bike-24281/)

blicraft 11-26-2010 03:04 PM

Stolen Bike!

Somebody stole my bike! It was a 1998 SH Flat Black and Red. I had a D&D black exhaust on it. Let me know if any parts like that start showing up I'd love to catch these bastards! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

~Steve

captainchaos 11-26-2010 03:09 PM

That sucks bro...have any pictures of it? Where are you located? Keep an eye out on ebay and craigslist. Post up a few ads regarding it on craigslist as well, couldn't hurt. Best of luck.

blicraft 11-26-2010 03:16 PM

Here are a few photo's of it on Facebook. I'm located here just South of Kansas City, Kansas. Yeah I'm going to be all over CL and eBay to find parts.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d&id=729882693

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...5&id=729882693http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...5&id=729882693

Stevebis1 11-26-2010 03:24 PM

Damn that sucks. Looks like you had after market or maybe yamaha mirrors? How many miles - in case they state that in an add?

RWhisen 11-26-2010 03:26 PM

That sucks...

blicraft 11-26-2010 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Stevebis1 (Post 287546)
Damn that sucks. Looks like you had after market or maybe yamaha mirrors? How many miles - in case they state that in an add?

Yeah it had aftermarket eBay with LED blinker mirrors. It also had over 40k on the clock. I doubt It'll ever be found in one piece. Just keep a look out for the parts.

VTRsurfer 11-26-2010 03:39 PM

That totally sucks. You're the 2nd one this week, I believe. The only thing worse than hearing about a crash, without injury, is a stolen vehicle. I've been there too.

How did it happen? Where was it parked?

gordthebiker 11-26-2010 04:35 PM

Sorry to hear about your bike, good luck with the search!

blicraft 11-26-2010 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer (Post 287550)
That totally sucks. You're the 2nd one this week, I believe. The only thing worse than hearing about a crash, without injury, is a stolen vehicle. I've been there too.

How did it happen? Where was it parked?

I parked it in my covered car port sideways and parked my car in front of it. The worst part was I only had liability insurance.

smokinjoe73 11-26-2010 05:47 PM

So of course that sucks. As I always do I want to ask (for everyone's knowledge) was the bike covered? Disc locked? chained? Alarmed? I figure the more everyone knows the more alert we will all be. I have had 2 bikes stolen with only liability & know how it feels.

VTRsurfer 11-26-2010 07:00 PM

When I had only a carport, I used a super heavy duty chain lock to a steel post plus a Kryptonite U-lock through the swing arm, and I locked the forks. And even then someone stole my cover once. So I started locking the cover as well. Bastards!:mad:

A friend of mine who was a parts manager at a Honda dealer sold a Harley owner a super heavy duty chain and lock back in the early '70s. He told the guy that the chain couldn't be cut. The guy came back 2 weeks later and said someone cut the telephone pole his bike was chained to and stole his Harley.

The point is that if someone wants it bad enough, they will take it. But every safeguard you take makes it that much harder.

I had full coverage on my new Isuzu Trooper that was stolen in 1990, but that doesn't make me feel any less violated.

smokinjoe73 11-26-2010 09:01 PM

Do you really believe the cut pole story?

I have heard a ton of stories but in real life it is like a crash story. Never quite what really happened

nath981 11-26-2010 09:32 PM

I also have no collision, just liability, but still have fire and theft, I think.

You wouldn't think bike thieves would choose an such an unusual bike.

blicraft 11-26-2010 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 287556)
So of course that sucks. As I always do I want to ask (for everyone's knowledge) was the bike covered? Disc locked? chained? Alarmed? I figure the more everyone knows the more alert we will all be. I have had 2 bikes stolen with only liability & know how it feels.

No on everything. I had just pulled the battery and put it on the trickle charger. Later this weekend or next I was going to load it up and store it in my girlfriends parents garage.

blicraft 11-26-2010 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by nath981 (Post 287560)
I also have no collision, just liability, but still have fire and theft, I think.

I checked with my insurance agent before, just to add theft, and they said only with full coverage.

blicraft 11-26-2010 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by nath981 (Post 287560)

There wasn't much stock left on it. They are going to have a hard time figuring out what they have stolen.

7moore7 11-27-2010 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by blicraft (Post 287570)
There wasn't much stock left on it. They are going to have a hard time figuring out what they have stolen.

The situation sucks. This statement made me laugh big time tho! I am just picturing a couple of boners taking apart the bike and holding up your parts to pictures of stock ones saying to each other, "wtf, man, this isn't right"

nath981 11-27-2010 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by blicraft (Post 287569)
I checked with my insurance agent before, just to add theft, and they said only with full coverage.

I have State Farm comprehensive @ 48.00 a year. I didn't know it covered hitting an animal, wow!

Comprehensive Insurance
This auto insurance coverage helps pay for loss of or damage to an insured vehicle, not caused by a collision or vehicle rollover.
Examples of this type of damage or loss include:
Fire
Wind
Hail
Flood
Vandalism
Theft
Hitting an animal
A deductible may apply.

VTRsurfer 11-27-2010 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 287559)
Do you really believe the cut pole story?

I have heard a ton of stories but in real life it is like a crash story. Never quite what really happened

The parts manager who sold him the super heavy duty chain and lock has been a very close friend since high school, back in the early '60s. He's worked in the motorcycle industry since 1967.

The guy he sold it to was a '70s biker...a little different from your typical poser Harley rider today. That's what the guy told him. But of course the pole might have been somewhat smaller than a telephone pole, and he just didn't want to look like a dumb ass for chaining his Harley to a 4" fence post.

blicraft 01-07-2011 10:53 AM

I have amazing news! It's been recovered!!! I have no clue what shape it's in but the officer said it didn't look like it's been laid down or anything.

nekkid 01-07-2011 11:09 AM

Here in Hawaii there are mopeds (50cc, 5 or less hp) everywhere and moped thefts are very common. I heard a story where the stolen bike was in crappy shape; just barely running. When it was recovered a few months later by the cops, the thief had rebuilt the engine, repaired the ignition, and put newer bodywork on it. The original owner was delighted...

smokinjoe73 01-07-2011 11:12 AM

See? All that sobbing for nothing!! You still never helped the forum by telling how it was secured befor it got nabbed............

blicraft 01-07-2011 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 290266)
See? All that sobbing for nothing!! You still never helped the forum by telling how it was secured befor it got nabbed............

No security just sitting in my car port.

98VTRrider 01-07-2011 12:42 PM

Glad it was recovered..hope you get it back in good shape without any problems..Hopefully a lesson learned and you will step up your security....I sometimes worry about the cheesy lock holding my flimsy shed doors on, but it's out of sight...

blicraft 01-07-2011 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by 98VTRrider (Post 290277)
Glad it was recovered..hope you get it back in good shape without any problems..Hopefully a lesson learned and you will step up your security....I sometimes worry about the cheesy lock holding my flimsy shed doors on, but it's out of sight...

Yeah I was really relying on security through obscurity.

captainchaos 01-07-2011 01:43 PM

That's great news! Hope you get lucky with the condition you get it back in. If not, then hopefully you find blood inside the fairings from the guy who stole it and crashed it like my buddy did when he recovered his stolen zx7.

smokinjoe73 01-07-2011 04:40 PM

Wouldn't the blood be from the kid or dog or nun he hit?

inderocker 01-07-2011 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by captainchaos (Post 290282)
That's great news! Hope you get lucky with the condition you get it back in. If not, then hopefully you find blood inside the fairings from the guy who stole it and crashed it like my buddy did when he recovered his stolen zx7.

I'll bet that's disturbingly satisfying.

VTRsurfer 01-07-2011 08:10 PM

A woman I knew back in the mid '80s had her 1 year old Jeep Cherokee stolen by, as it turned out, some high school kids. It was recovered after it was driven over the side on Ortega Highway.

Her only comment was, "The little bastards didn't even have enough class to total it".

Glad you got your bike back!

sassage 01-08-2011 10:10 PM

glad you got it back...what's the condition? listen to the engine as I'm sure they rodded the hell out of it