SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Staintune vs. Leo Vince (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/staintune-vs-leo-vince-7615/)

DavidH1172 09-16-2005 08:51 AM

Staintune vs. Leo Vince

6 Attachment(s)
I accidentally posted this topic in the rider's gear posts. LOL. FNG's...what can you do? Anyway.........I will be getting high mounts in the spring that allow me to keep the passenger pegs. I have an 03' hawk. Staintune and Leo Vince are the two pipes I'm down to. Have pictures of both pipes that I found on this site. Both bikes look great and I just want everyone's opinion what would look best on my blue hawk. I hope I don't offend the two owners in both pics by having a face off, but again, both bikes look fantastic! Thanks.

David Hill

motherbelgium 09-16-2005 10:44 AM

Re: Staintune vs. Leo Vince

I hate chrome with a passion- it belongs on a Harley. I would go with the Leo Vince pipes, they are probably lighter too. The only problem with certain carbon fiber pipes is that they may fade. The Yosh pipe I had on my F4i faded in a couple of months but looked a hell of a lot better than a chrome pipe. Well that's my two cents on the aesthetic side of your choice- performance wise I have absolutely no idea what to tell you.

mks8882 09-16-2005 01:17 PM

I love chrome, so I vote for the top ones.

NOrrTH 09-16-2005 03:53 PM

I've read the Staintunes are heavy, expensive and quiet but they look awesome.

I'm not a fan of carbon fibre as every set I've seen looks like shit. It scratches easily and fades fast and unevenly.

If I had to choose between the two it would be Leo's but I'd rather have chrome/polished aluminum 2bros or Jardines

inderocker 09-16-2005 04:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
here is another pic that i think represents the leo vince a little bit better (i'm not much of a carbon fiber man myself). it might just be the mario nava body work and the paint scheme that i'm going ga-ga for though. as for which one to buy.. i don't know.. they are both solid gold in my eyes.

NOrrTH 09-16-2005 04:55 PM

My honest opinion is that the can's look too long and out of proportion with the bike. The finish looks home made or something you'd see on an old track warrior.

Gotta have a little flash with a street bike :D Where's the bling? :lol:

superbling 09-16-2005 05:59 PM

If quality is important, staintunes are built just as well or maybe even better than Honda! You also get "spuds" aka db-killers/restrictors so you can have them quiet or pretty loud. They have a stainless baffles so they won't blow out and need repacking a few thousand miles down the road.

I've only heard one LV on a VFR. It look and sounded very nice.

Personally, I prefer the sound of CF pipes as they take the rough edge off the big bangs.

rhu5 09-17-2005 01:00 AM

I think the Staintunes look the best, but if I had to choose between the two... I would probably go with the Leo's. The Leo's sound great, are lighter and I like the "dull" carbon fiber look ( may not fade as quickly). Plus, the badges on the Leo are optional ( it looks better w\o them).

You can't go wrong with either one.

Chase 09-17-2005 08:52 AM

I like the Staintunes. But then again Im biased.

Also they are not Chrome, else they would not have ended up on my bike, they are Polished Stainliess steel; hense the name of the company. Chrome is a plating that can wear off or get chipped. These cans are made out of the material (stainles steel) and can be polished back to a perfect luster wherever one chooses. Even most blueing or baked on road grime will come off if you clean them right. DOnt get me wrong my bike is not even close to a bling machine but I dont like the look of carbon fiber after it gets wear and tear. Yes the staintunes are heavy but not as much as stock. If you really want to loose those extra few pounds go on a diet or dont gorge yourself this holiday season.

woodman 09-17-2005 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Chase";p=&quot (Post 10847)

Also they are not Chrome, else they would not have ended up on my bike, they are Polished Stainliess steel; hense the name of the company.

Stainless steel does'nt have anything to do with their name. Staintune is pronounced "stay-in-tune".

Chase 09-18-2005 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by woodman";p=&quot (Post 10849)

Originally Posted by Chase";p=&quot (Post 10847)

Also they are not Chrome, else they would not have ended up on my bike, they are Polished Stainliess steel; hense the name of the company.

Stainless steel does'nt have anything to do with their name. Staintune is pronounced "stay-in-tune".

My understanding is that it is a play on words. Here in the states Ive hear it pronounced both ways, but with an austrailian accent the two sound nearly the same. (I could be misinformed.)

Either way the material is stainless and not Chrome.

Rollingalong 09-20-2005 01:20 PM

My 2 cents :wink: . Micron or Devil . Here's the lower cost Devil hi-mounts . I really like how the Micron's are made where they fit the stock header on the chain side .

https://www.superhawkforum.com/files...cs_005_731.jpg