SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   SHUSH! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/shush-35352/)

CaryDG 05-07-2019 04:24 PM

SHUSH!

I don't want my beloved Super Hawk to hear this but I just saw the new Indian FTR1200, Wow! I'm rolling my pennies because she's a beaut! I know it's subjective, but it's one of two (the other being the Ducati 1299 Panigale Final Edition) besides my SH, that I find irresistable. Do think the Feds will give me a S.S. raise?

VTRsquid 05-07-2019 06:22 PM

I wouldn't hold it against you and if your VTR really loved you it wouldn't either. Excuse my french but its effin badass
Id even consider going for a bobber (if i had money), ive never been into cruisers or choppers or whatever you want to cal them but I'm lovin what Indian is doing.

killer5280 05-07-2019 06:26 PM

So it's almost as fast as a stock VTR.;)

Wolverine 05-07-2019 07:37 PM

Dyno numbers that match my last run with the VTR @ 996cc. Stick with the FE..

VTRsquid 05-07-2019 08:38 PM

If all it was was numbers then why would you ever have bothered with a Superhawk in the first place? For the same money you could have an extra 50hp in pretty much any L4 of the era and better suspension/chassis/brakes/clutch lol

captainchaos 05-07-2019 09:40 PM

That Indian needs clip ons and a full fairing painted like the Munro Special. Wondering if these are going to sell any better because they slapped the "Indian" name on them instead of just selling them as a Polaris, which I'm wondering if more people these days are more familiar with.

CaryDG 05-07-2019 11:52 PM

Bikes are like mates,every once in a while you just see one or two that just seem right. Despite their parentage, financial pedigree, Etc.

killer5280 05-08-2019 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by VTRsquid (Post 410070)
If all it was was numbers then why would you ever have bothered with a Superhawk in the first place? For the same money you could have an extra 50hp in pretty much any L4 of the era and better suspension/chassis/brakes/clutch lol

The disparity was not quite that large in 1998, but it was a few years later, although the race reps were more expensive.

Preaching to the choir, anyway. We all know why we have Superhawks.
The Indian looks like a cool bike.

VTRDarren 05-08-2019 10:43 AM

I'm also drawn to the Indian. It felt like it would be a fun ride when I sat on one at the last bike show. I'm also pining for the new ktm 790 Duke, but might hold off for the R version ;-)

NHSH 05-08-2019 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by VTRDarren (Post 410086)
I'm also drawn to the Indian. It felt like it would be a fun ride when I sat on one at the last bike show. I'm also pining for the new ktm 790 Duke, but might hold off for the R version ;-)

KTM is a very different animal, super light and crazy power per weight, would love to have one of these.

VTRsquid 05-09-2019 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by NHSH (Post 410090)
KTM is a very different animal, super light and crazy power per weight, would love to have one of these.

Same here. Im not too crazy about the aesthetics or the mx riding position though.
Back to the indian FTR though, its got 15 horse on the VTR, at much lower RPM and an arse-ton of torque, I mean anything over 100hp is pretty much just cause for frustaration on public roads anyway because it doesnt do anything for you except get you from 90 to 150 quicker. Torque on the other hand is something you can use every day. Plus it looks fantasic. The Triumph Speed Twin looks good too.
I cant afford any new bike so pretty happy with the Firehawk lol.