SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Seat Position (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/seat-position-30715/)

KCCO 07-05-2013 03:56 PM

Seat Position

I am inquiring about where do you all sit in relation to the seat. Yes I know, on the seat, or with my bottom resting one the seat, but I'm curious if you find it better to sit on the far back of the seat, riding the tank, or a more neutral position. With my past rides (all dual sports) I rode with balls on the tank for lack of a better expression. For continuity sake I have a Sergeant seat, and am 5'9".

CruxGNZ 07-05-2013 04:24 PM

I'm 6' 3" 230'ish and sit with my package up against the tank, which SUCKS whenever I hit a large bump in the road or have to slow down quickly. So, I am making my own seat with a little bump in the foam to hopefully keep my junk happy. Whenever I push myself back on the seat, I slowly slide up to the tank. Can't really sit in different spots, on my seat anyways.

KCCO 07-05-2013 04:57 PM

That's exactly what I'm finding too, with the exception of if I squeeze the tank with my knees forcefully I can maintain any position on the seat. I have thought about getting "tank pads" I think they are called to help with the effort.

jerryh 07-05-2013 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by KCCO (Post 358410)
I am inquiring about where do you all sit in relation to the seat. Yes I know, on the seat, or with my bottom resting one the seat, but I'm curious if you find it better to sit on the far back of the seat, riding the tank, or a more neutral position. With my past rides (all dual sports) I rode with balls on the tank for lack of a better expression. For continuity sake I have a Sergeant seat, and am 5'9".

Ass back chest down for fast. Humungus package slammed against the tank for interstate or putting around :-)

skokievtr 07-05-2013 06:24 PM

Gentleman's Express

5 Attachment(s)
I had Sargent make me a saddle that was +1.5" their standard and I whacked on the foam through at least 4 revisions over the last 10 years (adding memory foam too). Now it incorporates my "ball pocket", "tush pan" & "bum stop" (evident in the below photos). For twisties, I crowd & grip the tank (TechSpec copied my patterns & should have them for sale). For all other riding, I can move back and even lean against the trunk hands-free with the NEP engaged. Tommaselli 3-axis bars & Vario 1-inch lowered pegs make a "Gentleman's Express". Blazing through the night with 70-watt hi beam (65-watt low beam can simultaneously be on) & twin 50-watt driving lights, it all gels together at 75+ mph for effortless mile-eating comfort. In the twisties its a telepathic thumb & forefinger handler.

rz_racer_69 07-05-2013 08:13 PM

No problems with the stock saddle for all day riding. I too tend to grip the tank with my knees and sit close and upright when I'm street-tracking it and working through traffic, or setting up for a corner on the track. When I am riding fast, I tend to slide my butt back to get down out of the air-flow a bit more. I have the early riser bars from GenMar, and I think they are perfect.

CruxGNZ 07-05-2013 08:28 PM

Skokie, you rock man! Like I mentioned above, I'm making my own seat and in the next day or two, my seat pan should be arriving via FedEx. Your pictures really helped me out.

By the way, nice bike!

KCCO 07-05-2013 08:47 PM

Thank you all for the responses, it seems like what I have been doing is what you all do as well. I'm finally getting comfortable (but still very respectful) with cornering a streetbike vs. a Dual sport. Nowhere near knee dragging though haha