SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Seat cowl!? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/seat-cowl-19715/)

Zibba 07-30-2009 08:34 PM

Seat cowl!?

I bought a nice, clean, black 99 Superhawk about a month ago. However, it came missing the OEM seat cowl. Through Honda or anywhere else, the OEM part is on national backorder. I've scoured ebay, one pops up every week or so, but it's always the wrong color, and over $100 once I buy it, pay for shipping, and paint it. Anybody know if there's an aftermarket company that makes a good cowl or where I can get an OEM part? Help! I hate banana seats!

autoteach 07-30-2009 08:59 PM

Yeah, I have a carbon. And, Yeah, you could buy it. It would be more than 100 though.

nuhawk 07-30-2009 09:23 PM

Hundred bucks is about entry level to play the game for most Honda bikes. I think the last one I priced was a 98VFR and it was $140.

Riff 07-30-2009 09:38 PM

I was quoted 89 CAD just last week, from my local Honda Stealership, and I do seem to recall mention of it being back-ordered.

nuhawk 07-30-2009 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Riff (Post 229226)
I was quoted 89 CAD just last week, from my local Honda Stealership, and I do seem to recall mention of it being back-ordered.

Ronnies has them for $94 USD. Service Honda was down so I couldn't get a price there. Either way, around a hundred bucks.

j_frank 08-01-2009 01:08 PM

I got a blue one off an 03, what zip are you in for shipping???
I've got access to a spray booth to paint as well.

captainchaos 08-01-2009 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Zibba (Post 229221)
I bought a nice, clean, black 99 Superhawk about a month ago. However, it came missing the OEM seat cowl. Through Honda or anywhere else, the OEM part is on national backorder. I've scoured ebay, one pops up every week or so, but it's always the wrong color, and over $100 once I buy it, pay for shipping, and paint it. Anybody know if there's an aftermarket company that makes a good cowl or where I can get an OEM part? Help! I hate banana seats!

I just bought a brand new yellow one off ebay last month for $25. Keep looking. Use craigspal for a national craigslist search. I know I recently saw a black one on there I think for $35. When I get home if I find it I'll post it for you.

Damm1t 03-29-2012 08:02 PM

I've never thought about this before now, but does seat cowl refer to only the plastic part that covers the passenger seating area? or does it refer to the combination of plastic part + driver's seat? or can it also refer to a banana seat?

I bought an '04 last week, and it came with an uglyballs banana seat. I don't know if this moto has a one-piece combo of plastic part + driver's seat or is it separate and you have to purchase each one individually?

smokinjoe73 03-29-2012 08:13 PM

Wow I thought those things were everywhere. I never used mine. Keep searching, dont get scammed into overpaying.