SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Scorpion slip-on problems, need help (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/scorpion-slip-problems-need-help-17521/)

Pimpsterbim1 02-12-2009 09:57 AM

Scorpion slip-on problems, need help

Bought a pair of CF scorpion slip-ons from a local shop at a show for a decent price.. Posted them in the classifieds untill someone pointed out that the midpipes dont match up.. Called the shop and they said i could: come in and we could look for the right midpipes, return them (hopefully for what i paid), or have a mufler shop make me some midepipes (probably out of my pocket)..

I have no idea what bike these are off of.. Or if the cans are correct, and the midpipes just got mixed up.. Is there anyone who has some, or can tell me what the inlet size is surposed to be on the cans.. Maybe I could mix and match a set of midpipes (like the high mount one that are in the classifides)..

So confussed:confused:.. Hopfully when i go to the place, monday afternoon, that i can just find the right midpipes...

captainchaos 02-12-2009 10:19 AM

The cans should be fine, they're often the same for many different bikes. The mids don't look like RC51's either. RC51's also have a bend on the left side, but <90 degrees like the superhawk has. The right sides for both bikes are about the same and rc51 right sides will fit the superhawk.

If they were bought new you should definitely be able the return the damn things if what's inside the box is wrong.

Hotbrakes 02-12-2009 11:26 AM

Reaper got a set of Yoshi's with midpipes, BUT the midpipes were designed for a full Yoshi system, not as slipons for the stock headers. Luckily he had a set of 2Bro's and the midpipes fit the Yoshi cans. This could be the case for you. But play stupid with the shop you got them from and maybe they will correct the miscommunication for you. And if its not going the way you want, talk to Scorpion to confirm the setup you have IS indeed for a full system and perhaps the shop will give you a deal on the headers or the correct midpipes from Scorpion.

Hotbrakes 02-12-2009 11:31 AM

Just looked at the pics in your ad and they aren't RC51 mids either. Probably for a 14 or 'Busa or the full system. Since they are brand new try working with Scorpion to trade them with the correct mids.

Pimpsterbim1 02-12-2009 11:40 AM

Well I'm sure that they will give me a refund.. But I kind of worked a combo-deal involving some other stuff.. So im not sure how much they are going to give me.. I dont think scorpion made two sets of pipes for the superhawk.. and the midpipes that i have right now have multiple mounts welded on that wouldnt match up with a superhawk..

Pimpsterbim1 02-12-2009 02:13 PM

Annother question: Why does everyone say to stay away from CF pipes for a superhawk because of the vtwin,, when every RC51 i see has CF cans??

Tweety 02-12-2009 02:27 PM

Well... Not everybody is saying that... But the reason to atleast stay away from low quality CF cans is that the pulses from a twin will over time degrade the CF...

I have seen a pair of cans on a Duc that turned all soft and mushy in just over a year... The CF was to thin so it cracked...

High quality CF cans shouldn't be a problem... But stainless or alu is longer lasting...

ripvanwinkle 02-14-2009 09:16 AM

This is what a pair of Scorpion low level link pipes should look like. You can see the right hand one has a bend in it coming on close to 90 degrees, also you can see the pipe has been recessed (creased) to allow clearance for the drive chain. Note also each link pipe (nearest to the end that connects to the header pipes) has a support bracket that attaches to the front foot peg hangers when fitted.

HTH

Chris.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3...rpionsmig5.jpg

Pimpsterbim1 02-14-2009 10:24 AM

Thanks alot rip!
I go Monday to look for the right midpipes.. If not i'll be going custom.

ripvanwinkle 02-14-2009 01:15 PM

Good luck with it Pimp on Monday!

Chris.

Pimpsterbim1 02-16-2009 01:52 PM

UPDATE: went to the place today.. They didn't have the right midpipes, but the owner said he will pay to have midpipes made.. I would like to see if I could get some high mounts fabbed up, but i thought that would be asking too much:D.. So ill be taking my stockers over there soon and he is gunna take them to a buddies metal working shop.. We'll see how they come out (fingers crossed)..