SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Sayonara Superhawkers (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/sayonara-superhawkers-33903/)

Bandit400man 04-22-2016 02:36 PM

Sayonara Superhawkers

1 Attachment(s)
So after a failed CCT change attempt, I took bike to a stealership to fix.
Told them I believe the valves have been hit with the pistons and was prepared for a large repair bill. but no worries- I loved my bird.

So I go to pick it up. they say they 'got it running'...uh-oh. then they go on to inform me that repairing the valves is 'not worth it' because of 'low compression' in the cylinders. But they still had the 'decency?' to re-time my cams and charge me 500 bucks for a bike that doesn't run right. You were right, EMarquez :(

So an argument ensues, and they tell me their not gonna fix it.

So, in the end my Superhawk will be donated to a friend in need that's willing to pay to fix it.

Alas, I've moved on.

To this:

Attachment 21618

So, thanks Superhawkforum and all its users. Enjoy the new riding season!

Big_Jim59 04-22-2016 03:14 PM

OMG That's an easy fix with a box full of tools and a little time!

CruxGNZ 04-22-2016 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Big_Jim59 (Post 395209)
OMG That's an easy fix with a box full of tools and a little time!

This guy would know!

mikstr 04-22-2016 04:52 PM

Sorry to see you leave, but I have to commend you on the replacement, the Sprint ST has always been a fave of mine......

thedeatons 04-22-2016 08:58 PM

Tell us you didn't buy the new bike at the same dealership that tried to rob you...

James

E.Marquez 04-22-2016 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bandit400man (Post 395206)
So after a failed CCT change attempt, I took bike to a stealership to fix.
Told them I believe the valves have been hit with the pistons and was prepared for a large repair bill. but no worries- I loved my bird.

So I go to pick it up. they say they 'got it running'...uh-oh. then they go on to inform me that repairing the valves is 'not worth it' because of 'low compression' in the cylinders. But they still had the 'decency?' to re-time my cams and charge me 500 bucks for a bike that doesn't run right. You were right, EMarquez :(

So an argument ensues, and they tell me their not gonna fix it.

So, in the end my Superhawk will be donated to a friend in need that's willing to pay to fix it.

Alas, I've moved on.

To this:

So, thanks Superhawkforum and all its users. Enjoy the new riding season!

Ugg, clearly a case where i would have preferred to be wrong.

Fastguy59 04-23-2016 04:31 AM

of course it has low compression if you nicked the valves! I am a big proponent of always removing the plugs and spinning an engine over by hand utilizing the smallest rachet available to do so. That way interference can be felt and dealt with simply without replacing any hard parts... Keep it, fix it!