SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Rearsets. Who's in? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/rearsets-whos-9707/)

SNGPerformance 10-09-2006 10:41 AM

Rearsets. Who's in?

I have a connection that says he will make CNC machined rearset pegs, for the VTR1000F SuperHawk/FireStorm, at about $100 less than current versions if enough of us are into it. I'll try to get more info out of him if people are into it, otherwise he will just make them for more popular bikes and we will be left out as usual. Let me know how many of us will be interested, and I'll see if I can make it happen.

Stumpy 10-09-2006 10:52 AM

Im interested in it.

Radiaoktiv 10-09-2006 12:13 PM

no offense to your connection, but ive seen them on ebay for around $40 i think

superhawk22 10-09-2006 12:34 PM

I'm not sure but I think he's refering to adjustable rear sets. Sorry already have mine but good luck!

Radiaoktiv 10-09-2006 12:37 PM

yeah, i double read it too

but he said pegs..so i wasnt sure

if its rear sets he's referring to, id be interested

RickB 10-09-2006 12:40 PM

I may be interested depending on cost.

AZZKIKER 10-09-2006 12:41 PM

I am interested in adjustable rearsets, any pics?

Scumbag 10-09-2006 04:08 PM

I would be down

barrysuperhawk 10-09-2006 04:28 PM

I would be up for this...

SNGPerformance 10-09-2006 07:45 PM

That makes six. I was just told to see how many would be into it. They just want to know if it would be worth making these for us or if they could make more money off another make/model. Oh and yes, rearset assemblies, not just pegs. I'll try to get some more info ASAP. Any body else?

captainchaos 10-09-2006 08:38 PM

I'd definitely like to see what they look like

Randman 10-09-2006 08:48 PM

yepper, depends on look and price, but I'd be interested....

AZZKIKER 10-10-2006 04:26 AM

pics please.

SNGPerformance 10-10-2006 05:12 PM

Okay, here's what I got. I was told to have anyone that is interested sign into Customfighters.com and post in the rearsets thread. Tell them you would be interested and what bike you have. The more people we get to chime in over there the better our chances are!!

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ead.php?t=1442

Radiaoktiv 10-11-2006 06:12 AM

i posted :)

SNGPerformance 10-11-2006 08:23 AM

They don't have a picture of them yet. If we can get enough people in the thread on the Customfighters.com they may decide to go ahead with it. Like I said before though, if they don't have enough people, at least, interested they won't make them. If we can get enough people interested, and they decide to make them for the SHawk, I am going to offer mine up for the model. After they have mine, they can start making them. Then we will have a picture, and I can do a write up on the quality for you guys. Then we can start buying them. I was told I they are working on a price.

Check out the Rearset Peg thread and see if you like what's going on.

SNGPerformance 11-02-2006 05:08 PM

Okay guys, I got them to agree to make them for us. He want's to sell 10 to 15 sets for the first run. There are pics of some he made for a different bike in the thread on CustomFighters.com if you'd like a general idea.

We just need to get the word out to all the SHawk guys so we can make it worth it to ChinaSteve (the guys doing all this).

Randman 11-02-2006 05:28 PM

So pics? or did I miss them....lol

Hawkrider 11-02-2006 10:59 PM

There's some pics on pages 11 and 12 of the above link. SNG, so without having to wade through 12 pages of that other thread, how much are we talking about here for 10, 15, and 20 sets?

Scumbag 11-03-2006 02:01 AM

looks like good progress....lemme know when I can buy em...thanks be to sng for making this happen...and well to chinasteve too I guess

Stumpy 11-03-2006 04:38 AM

How much? What do we need to do? Fill me in ok.

slo1 11-03-2006 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Stumpy (Post 34277)
How much? What do we need to do? Fill me in ok.

+ 1

slo1

mr.billet 11-03-2006 06:49 AM

What is the price I'ld be interested, but I can machine some myself if price is to high?

superhawk22 11-03-2006 08:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I just got back from having a meeting with David teh CNC boss. Here is what I have for an update. All pretty good news really.

Keep in mind that The wife heads to the USA next week and will return a week later so thats abtout 14 days until I get your rear sets in my hands. Adam I will get the address to you ASAP to ship them to her in So Cal.

The cnc guy will have the drawing complete and I would have already approved the design we already finalized today.

He said he can do small qty for us like a minimumm of 10 of each kind. So thats good for the obscure motorbike owners if they can band together and get 10 of a particular style/modle will go ahead and turn them out for you.

Best part of the day is the price. I will be seting the price at 275 USD. with all the below parts included.

Thats the best I could do on them..

Specifics again are:
Material 6061 Alluminum
Fully adjustable rear sets (with ankle guards where applicable)
2 (ea) Shift rods of dif length
1 extra foot peg
1 extra toe peg for the shift/brake lever
1 extra aluminum break-away bolt for the toe peg

Shipping Costs depend on how fast you want them but generally it should be a flat ground rate with UPS. (Note these get shipped to the distributor first, in bulk, then to you. So you only pay a local shipping charge.)

Outside the USA shipping rates just depend where you are at. I have distributors now in place in Canada, USA, Australia, the UK, South Africa and next spring in Spain.

The person that sent me the originals to use as a sample gets theirs for free as I promised. With the understanding he never sees his original factory rear sets again.

Can I please have some feed back on this good or bad.

Oh and once I get the sets it will be about 6-8 weeks before you get your free set back. I say that long but I am actually trying for 4 weeks max...but it China, so.....

don't forget to vote on what finish you want. majority rules.

Sorry for writting a fucken book.
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ser_online.gif http://www.customfighters.com/forums...tons/quote.gif
ChinaSteveView Public ProfileSend a private message to ChinaSteveVisit ChinaSteve's homepage!Find More Posts by ChinaSteve

Amzaing what you can do with cut and paste, sounds pretty good.

superhawk22 11-03-2006 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by mr.billet (Post 34283)
What is the price I'ld be interested, but I can machine some myself if price is to high?

Sounds like a chance to make some money, why don't you do it for everyone interested?

Hawkrider 11-03-2006 10:39 AM

Bushings or bearings on these?

RVO27 11-03-2006 10:52 AM

I'm interested. Especially if they use bearings.

Randman 11-03-2006 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider (Post 34264)
There's some pics on pages 11 and 12 of the above link. SNG, so without having to wade through 12 pages of that other thread, how much are we talking about here for 10, 15, and 20 sets?

Found it after I left this post....$275 ish plus shipping, I dunno....

Mr Billet what could you turn them out for??

Seems like the one coming out ahead is the person sending there rearsets over for the swap...free....not bad as long as they are worth a crap...

SNGPerformance 11-03-2006 07:27 PM

Thanks for the help (pics) superhawk22. He doesn't have a set price until he makes them. You guys don't have to do anything. He is willing to make them just as long as enough people show interest. All we have to do is wait now, I got the clearance to get in on the second round. I'm not sure when the second round will start, but I'll keep you all posted.

gssbmm 11-04-2006 08:43 AM

please keep me informed on what the final deal is.