SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Rain ride no fog (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/rain-ride-no-fog-33240/)

smokinjoe73 06-03-2015 07:18 AM

Rain ride no fog

So I just rode home last night from Brooklyn to Queens in the rain & 52*. I could see perfectly due to a few precautions.

I always use a fog city shield, the simply wont fog. Also used rainX on the exterior to shed water.

Finally, since I wear glasses, I used these to prevent the glasses from fogging.

This is key since I was able to keep the visor shut tight the whole ride, even at stoplights to prevent water on the inside of shield

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clarity-Defo...item53fad6f30e

I also own a Smith no fog cloth but its nowhere near as effective as these things.

nnjhawk02 06-03-2015 07:59 AM

Joe I have a Scorpion helmet & it no fogs

NZSpokes 06-03-2015 02:07 PM

I have a pinlock visor and insert. Brilliant. Gets very humid here and we get very heavy rains this time of the year. I never get fogged.

I clean my visor with Pledge. Rain just beads off.

mikstr 06-03-2015 05:09 PM

easy as riding in a snowstorm......

smokinjoe73 06-03-2015 07:18 PM

Pledge? For like $2.89 you can use rainx that is made for this very purpose.

You sprung for a pinlock then stole you wife's pledge? You should at least try the real thing, you can do your car too. Just don't get the spray rainx, it doesn't work as well for some reason

NZSpokes 06-03-2015 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 386876)
Pledge? For like $2.89 you can use rainx that is made for this very purpose.

You sprung for a pinlock then stole you wife's pledge? You should at least try the real thing, you can do your car too. Just don't get the spray rainx, it doesn't work as well for some reason

My wife buys it for this purpose. Have been using it for many years. Never seen Rainx for sale here. You can probably get it just no idea where.

smokinjoe73 06-03-2015 09:21 PM

Plus it has that lemon zing scent.

I would figure auto parts stores would have the rain X if you wanted to try it.

NZSpokes 06-04-2015 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 386884)
Plus it has that lemon zing scent.

I would figure auto parts stores would have the rain X if you wanted to try it.

You may prefer this,

shock Visor Windscreen Wiper For Honda Suzuki AGV Motorcycle Helmet Full Face | eBay

7moore7 06-04-2015 08:16 AM

I thought rain x was just for glass. It works on plastic too?

waltr 06-04-2015 10:18 AM

No, Rain-X is not for plastic. The label warns to not use it on plastics and every shield I have used says not to use these products. I was going to try it because I have used it for years on windshields but I decided to check first. I was not convinced it would not work but was not willing to risk it. If Joe has been using it for a while it may be OK. I was not worried about destroying my shield but getting crazing witch makes it hard to ride with sun in front or to the sides.

I did just notice there is a Rain-X just for plastic now but I have not seen it in a store yet.

smokinjoe73 06-04-2015 07:46 PM

I have been using it for about 17yrs with no ill effects. I would be interested to see how the plastic one works but figure its a wimpified version.

I mean, its probably made of Pledge or something for crying out loud.

NZSpokes 06-05-2015 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 386924)
I have been using it for about 17yrs with no ill effects. I would be interested to see how the plastic one works but figure its a wimpified version.

I mean, its probably made of Pledge or something for crying out loud.

It will just be a polish.

waltr 06-05-2015 10:34 AM

Joe
So in all that time you never had any crazing or other surface flaws because of it? What brand shields have you used it on? I thought it should work but did not want to risk damaging a shield. I have an old one that I think I will try it on.