SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Quick ride to Regency Suspension bridge in TX (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/quick-ride-regency-suspension-bridge-tx-17087/)

E.Marquez 12-30-2008 07:17 PM

Quick ride to Regency Suspension bridge in TX

7 Attachment(s)
Take one VTR1000F, a rider sitting at his house on vacation, looking longingly at the bike in the garage, mix in a few threads about folks riding here and there......... = Time for ride.

Figured I had about 5 hours before I needed to meet my wife at the gym for the evening work out.. So, off I go.
Note one: the VTR is not an off road bike
Note two: The VTR is the world’s worst long range sport tourer.. Besides the abomination of a saddle, the fuel range is is dismal at best (120 miles and you better have a gas station close at hand)

So off I go..to find a 1939 Suspension bridge in Regency Texas... Farm to Market road (FM) 183 to Lampasas, varied FM roads to make it interesting and headed back to FM190 and San Saba.. , look down
Attachment 30030
To anyone that knows the SuperHawk,, That little red light means,, you’re out of gas,, and you just do not know it yet.
San Saba was 10 miles out...... I just made it.....
Refill and off I go,, headed to the bridge......................Of course I missed the turn to FM 45..... so I figured I'd see what was down the road.
Brownwood was what was there..... Hmmm, yahhhhhhhhhh,, a 3M plant :lol:
Decide it was time to head back,,,,and just outside of town I spot FM45 :doh: The far end..... Oh well in for a Penney in for a pound.
Hang a left and see what happens.
Down the road a bit.... cross the Colorado River,, no sight of the bridge,, Figure I missed a turn,,, ,, then, FM 500 shows up I remember from the map (that I left at home) this road is close to the bridge,,,
Hang a left,, and 10 feet later, see the sign that says Regency Bridge,,>>>> that way.. well ok then.
Down the road,,, at ummmmmm >>>>>faaaaaaaaaaaaaast ..er speeds (Im going to be late getting home ad the gym,,,,BAAAAad)
till I come to the sign that tells me,, Turn left, 1 mile to bridge, 2 miles to town of Regency........Turn there???? But umm, thats a rock road :yawn: :yawn: Oh ya,, that was in the bridge thread... errrrrrrrrrr, ok what the heck I came this far... sure enough, 1 mile down the rocky not a Honda SuperHawk kind of road.. I find a bridge (no it's not for sale)Attachment 30031
Attachment 30032
Attachment 30033
Attachment 30034
Ok enough bridge,, time to go home......Figure I have enough fuel
, hit FM45,, and make a speed run for Kempner, swap to the Mustang and get to Killeen and the gym,,,, Ya Attachment 30035 All most home free…. Or maybe not
.....Attachment 30036
Argggggg, fuel light again,,, so, close.
Quick pit stop in Lampasas .
Call My wife to say I’m going to be late,,,,, And my lovely woman that she is, …. Says no worry’s,,, Headed home for the night :clap: :clap:
I cruise to the house at 130 miles on a tank,, knowing.... I aint making it to the gas station :giveup:
274 miles.. fun day trip, lots of back FM roads. and more to take next time when i get to take my bestest riding partner.... My wife :rider:

2wheelust 12-30-2008 07:34 PM

That RLOD has added more stress to more rides then any other one thing!!!

......Thank god those construction guys had extra fuel cans on their truck during their lunch break and were kind enough to help out a rider that had been coasting all the downhills for the last 25 mins.....

All part of the adventure with a Superhawk though!!! Always makes 'bridge runs" more interesting, right??!?

RickB 12-31-2008 10:21 AM

I envy you getting to ride... 15 degrees with 7-8 inches of snow greeted me this morning :( I was able to get a ride in last Sat when it was near 60 :D Good old Buffalo NY.

Happy New Year!

captainchaos 12-31-2008 01:44 PM

That sounded like fun :) thanks for sharing