SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   pegs (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/pegs-10362/)

ejizzle 01-18-2007 02:11 PM

pegs

does anyone know how to remove the front and passenger pegs off the superhawk

superbling 01-18-2007 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by ejizzle (Post 39668)

I do. :-)

ejizzle 01-18-2007 03:24 PM

explain

is it a certain tool i need because i cant seem to get them off

marmaladedad 01-18-2007 04:51 PM

The pegs? Aren't they only held in with that small pin? Just remove that tiny pin (you might have to untwist it), and the rest should be a breeze.

Unless I'm mixing up the removal with my GSXR pegs...

superbling 01-18-2007 04:57 PM

Yeah, only a needle nose pliers or the like to remove the cotter pins then push out the pivot pin from the bottom.

Or are you really referring to the peg brackets (holders). Much more extensive proceedure for the fronts.

Alan 01-18-2007 04:59 PM

If i remember there held in with a circlip and pin,remove circlip pull pin out peg falls off, dont qoute me on this its been a long time since i saw a standard peg set up, i have gilles.

marmaladedad 01-18-2007 05:27 PM

Cotter pin! Thank you. That term was on the tip of my tongue, but I just couldn't spit it out.

Thumper 01-18-2007 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by ejizzle (Post 39668)

No disrespect here, but that has got to be one of the most simple things to do, if you had to post that then maybe you need to take it in to a dealer for assistance or find a good friend that turns wrenches on bikes.

Only reason i say this is i would hate to see someone install or work on their bike and get hurt.

marmaladedad 01-18-2007 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 39712)
No disrespect here, but that has got to be one of the most simple things to do, if you had to post that then maybe you need to take it in to a dealer for assistance or find a good friend that turns wrenches on bikes.

Only reason i say this is i would hate to see someone install or work on their bike and get hurt.

I had trouble doing basic stuff at first, such as wheel changes. It's hard for me to learn from reading about it from a manual, even if there are pictures. It's much easier when someone else describes it in their own words, or even better, if they can show me in person.

Everyone has to start somewhere, no?

fundgh 01-19-2007 09:18 AM

Who has a special way of securing the new cotter pin? bend both legs around the peg/nut/bolt in opposite directions; rotate it 90 degrees and fold one leg over the end of the peg/nut/bolt and clip the other end off; others? Just wondering what the concensus is. BTW, to the original poster; don't reuse old cotter pins' they are super inexpensive so always replace them.