SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Peace Be Unto Thee- Superhawk Finally Sold (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/peace-unto-thee-superhawk-finally-sold-16575/)

Condor 10-25-2008 12:51 AM

Peace Be Unto Thee- Superhawk Finally Sold

This is a great forum community cooperative collection coalition, and I will pop back in from time to time, but I finally sold the hawk. Thanks for all of the mechanical wisdom imparted. You guys are all very cool, awesome, knowledgeable folks and I wish you all the best.

Hawkrider 10-25-2008 07:45 AM

Good luck, brother. Did you get something to replace it?

BlackHawk996 10-25-2008 07:49 AM

Whatever you got better be a Honda or the signature will be wrong!

nuhawk 10-25-2008 08:15 AM

You helped some of the guys here too so happy trails!

Condor 10-25-2008 03:07 PM

Speed Triple when it starts warming up again.

Springbubba 10-25-2008 03:11 PM

Happy trails!

divingindaytona 10-26-2008 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 186583)
Speed Triple when it starts warming up again.

When it starts warming up?! I am still riding and I live in Minnesota. WTF?

LineArrayNut 10-26-2008 09:58 AM

still riding in TN...

jbaxx 10-26-2008 11:12 AM

Still riding here in Cali...:evillaugh:

Hawk9807 10-26-2008 11:21 AM

Congrats on the sell, and still rding in GA too...

oahu hawk 10-26-2008 11:40 AM

still ridin' in Hawaii...and will be through the winter...

Tweety 10-26-2008 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by jbaxx (Post 186638)
Still riding here in Cali...:evillaugh:

Originally Posted by oahu hawk (Post 186641)

Oh don't you guys start... You don't have winter... Winter is when you have ice and snow on the roads... Now when did that happen in Cali or Hawaii...?!

Gregw 10-26-2008 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tweety (Post 186643)
Oh don't you guys start... You don't have winter... Winter is when you have ice and snow on the roads... Now when did that happen in Cali or Hawaii...?!

I have what I like to call a "Winter View". I can be driving on the freeway, windows down in tank top and shorts, while the mountains in the distance are covered with snow. 1 1/2 hour drive to a ski resort. 5 minutes to the ocean. :p

BlackHawk996 10-26-2008 01:41 PM

^asshole... jk man. Speed triple is not a bad choice.

Killemall 10-26-2008 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Gregw (Post 186644)
I have what I like to call a "Winter View". I can be driving on the freeway, windows down in tank top and shorts, while the mountains in the distance are covered with snow. 1 1/2 hour drive to a ski resort. 5 minutes to the ocean. :p

+1 :laughing2:

Tweety 10-26-2008 05:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Gregw (Post 186644)

That is so not fair... And since we don't have the apropriorate smiley...:)

sumthin_major 10-26-2008 07:29 PM

Still riding in west Tn, aside from the snow we had on March 7 ( great birthday present) . That's probly the only snow we will get in 08, although we will get ice. oh and for you guys in Ca, Ha, and Fl http://www.fireblades.org/forums/ima...s/censored.gif http://www.fireblades.org/forums/ima...ies/asshat.gif.

VTRsurfer 10-26-2008 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by oahu hawk (Post 186641)

Don't you ever get tired of just riding around that rock?:rolleyes:

VTRsurfer 10-26-2008 07:38 PM

It snowed in San Juan Capistrano in Winter of '88-'89. I-5 was totally white when I turned my '86 CB700SC around at Ortega and returned home to get my truck to drive to work. Honest!

Condor, Sorry about jacking your thread. I think the Speed Triple is a great choice, if you're not going with another V twin. It's the 1080 I presume.

Gregw 10-26-2008 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tweety (Post 186657)
That is so not fair... And since we don't have the apropriorate smiley...:)

If it makes you feel better, it ain't all roses. The year round temps make wildfires a common event this time of year. That primes the hills for mudslides when the rain comes. Oh, and then there are the occasional earthquakes.

oahu hawk 10-26-2008 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer (Post 186680)
Don't you ever get tired of just riding around that rock?:rolleyes:

yeah, it can get a little repeticious, but any ride is better than no ride...for variety, my son and I will be taking the new ferry to the outer islands to ride...:D

RCVTR 10-27-2008 09:15 AM

I guess you haven't been to California!

I sometimes can't see my 6 ft. fence in the back yard! It SNOWS here. I ski at Kirkwood. Many years in a row, it has the deepest snowpack in North America.

But I can also say I have ridden a motorcycle from my house every month of the year (only once, and I can't recommend it).

California is a BIG place. Don't know much about So. Cal. I hear the weather's nice down there.

Good luck with the new ride!!

Condor 10-27-2008 06:48 PM

Damn! I started another PWNT...

Anyway, I broke my wrist and tore a ligament at work chasing, fighting and arresting some dick monster, so I'm not going to be riding for a while, and after riding all of last winter I think that's it for me and when it gets below 45. But yeah, the Speed Triple 1050. Good price and I really think theyre a sweet bike. maybe put aside a super secret stash to get into an older cheap hawk one day, they truly are bad ass bikes.

VTRsurfer 10-27-2008 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by oahu hawk (Post 186700)
yeah, it can get a little repeticious, but any ride is better than no ride...for variety, my son and I will be taking the new ferry to the outer islands to ride...:D

Big Island, Brah! I've been there, nice roads. And fun waves at Banyons.:D

I thought that the locals were protesting the ferry, but it's obviously an easy way to Island hop with a bike.:cool: shaka!

happytrack44 10-27-2008 08:12 PM

Hang tough

Hey Condor, I appreciate your input here. I have built my favorite bike ever with the use of this forum, purchases from ebay, horse trades, and lots of great tunes in the bike shop.
Sorry about your injury and thanks for your energy on the job. You've always got a loaner bike here in NC if you want to go for a ride in the hills after you heal. We usually ride year round.
Hang tough, Rob

VTRsurfer 10-27-2008 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 186799)
Damn! I started another PWNT...

Anyway, I broke my wrist and tore a ligament at work chasing, fighting and arresting some dick monster, so I'm not going to be riding for a while, and after riding all of last winter I think that's it for me and when it gets below 45. But yeah, the Speed Triple 1050. Good price and I really think theyre a sweet bike. maybe put aside a super secret stash to get into an older cheap hawk one day, they truly are bad ass bikes.

So, you're a Peace Officer. Good work, somebody's got to do it. Your work is appreciated. Hopefully the dick monster will get convicted and get to meet Bubba.

oahu hawk 10-27-2008 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer (Post 186802)
I thought that the locals were protesting the ferry, but it's obviously an easy way to Island hop with a bike.:cool: shaka!

ferry's not yet running to Kauai due to protests, but it's operating to Maui...not sure when it will be operating to the Big island...