SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   No more riding this year (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/no-more-riding-year-33641/)

Tantofolder 11-18-2015 05:14 PM

No more riding this year

1 Attachment(s)
Well I was just starting to get the feel of my Superhawk (new to me in July), had planned a bit of winter riding and definitely wanted to take advantage of these warm November days, but....

CrankenFine 11-18-2015 05:29 PM

That def sucks. Work related injury?

Tantofolder 11-18-2015 05:37 PM

Working in my home shop. I dropped a block of lead on it, missed the steel toe and shattered the bone. :(

NHSH 11-18-2015 08:20 PM

Oh... bummer, sorry to hear that man. Hope you heal quickly.

kenmoore 11-19-2015 12:35 AM

Did a similar think once when a TRX 850 engine rolled of some blocks onto my left foot.

I can tell when it's gunna rain as it still hurts after 5 years.

Did the typical man thing and left it too long before I went to the docs and the bones had already started knitting.

Go to the docs if you haven't already.

NH-Raptor 11-19-2015 03:02 AM

That looks painful. I worked with a guy who dropped a large knife off the counter top in his kitchen. He tried to make a "hockey save" and the point of the knife buried itself in his big toe and severed the tendon. Of course he needed an operation to fix it. Injuries sure put a hamper our lives and things we love to do. Get better quickly!

NHSH 11-19-2015 07:36 AM

It's funny how everyone have a related story, oh well, I will tell mine.. my right toe was crashed through a military boot when I got hit with a Russian RPG fragment in the middle of a gun fight, didn't even understand what hit me at first... the boot did save my fit, but this took me out of service for a month and my right toe nail growing deformed into the skin sense then.

VTR1000F 11-19-2015 08:02 AM

What kind of asshole brought an RPG to a gunfight? No one has respect for propriety anymore.

Heal fast, Tantofolder.

CrankenFine 11-19-2015 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by kenmoore (Post 391989)

Go to the docs if you haven't already.

+1 !!

Most of all respect the fact that circulation at the extremeties can be poor and lead to healing complications. Respect the healing process and "take a load off" if advised by doctors. I know too many folks who did not take proper care of foot injuries and paid a terrible price.

NH-Raptor 11-19-2015 10:33 AM

Well NHSH, thank you for your service.

Hangfly 11-19-2015 02:59 PM

Take it easy for a while Tanto.
And..Yes NHSH, thank you for your service.!!

Tantofolder 11-19-2015 03:51 PM

Thanks for the well wishes guys! I worked another 1 1/2 hours after it happened, but the numbness was a sign that it was not just a bump. Xrayed that night and orthopedic guy a couple of days later. Thankfully I didn't need surgery or even a cast. While it was fractured in several places all the pieces were where they needed to be, so I just have to wear the "boot" through the end of the year. I think my steel toed boot(which was mostly useless for this mishap) may have kept the meat from spreading too much.Being a juvenile diabetic I am very wary of foot infection, so another plus to no surgery.:) I guess I will just have to start my Superhawk upgrades a little earlier than planned. :cool:

NHSH 11-19-2015 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by VTR1000F (Post 392000)
What kind of asshole brought an RPG to a gunfight? No one has respect for propriety anymore.

Heal fast, Tantofolder.

A kind of extreme Islamist coward hiding behind women and children while trying to kill you.

NHSH 11-19-2015 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tantofolder (Post 392011)
Thanks for the well wishes guys! I worked another 1 1/2 hours after it happened, but the numbness was a sign that it was not just a bump. Xrayed that night and orthopedic guy a couple of days later. Thankfully I didn't need surgery or even a cast. While it was fractured in several places all the pieces were where they needed to be, so I just have to wear the "boot" through the end of the year. I think my steel toed boot(which was mostly useless for this mishap) may have kept the meat from spreading too much.Being a juvenile diabetic I am very wary of foot infection, so another plus to no surgery.:) I guess I will just have to start my Superhawk upgrades a little earlier than planned. :cool:

I'm glad you didn't wait too long, take care of yourself buddy.

skokievtr 11-23-2015 05:12 PM

Sorry about the foot but I thought you got 9-inches of slushy that froze like we did and the salt trucks were out in force so the riding season was substantially over for you too!

Tantofolder 12-11-2015 08:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Broken toe be damned!! It's way to nice out to not be riding so.... I made a heat formed toe splint. Gonna try it out tomorrow. :D

Big_Jim59 12-12-2015 07:24 PM

Why, when I look at that picture of your toe, do I get a very real pain in my groin muscle?

I think everyone has a toe story. I never broke my toe like that. I have torn my big toe nail all they way off, twice on my right foot and once on my left. Once, I was push starting my kid on a 125 MX bike and I kicked the knobby as it was coming around. I was wearing tennis shoes and it must have caught the nail just right. I lost one riding a dirt bike, once again in tennis shoes, that I had made the engine go a lot faster then the suspension would allow and the third time I kicked a floor monitor at a gig. I think it was because I actually wanted to kill my drunk drummer and I was in a kind of rage. Aha the joy of having your own rock band. At least that one wasn't motorcycle related.

xeris 12-13-2015 11:07 AM

No need to post another toe story, but I am going to ask the obvious question. Why do have a block of lead so large?
As I enjoy speculation as much as anyone, I'm going to throw mine out there.
With a screen name like Tantofolder, I'm guessing that it has something to do with casting. If so, then it would be casting small things that go really fast.
Bored and waiting for it to warm up to go ride.

Big_Jim59 12-13-2015 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by xeris (Post 392340)
. . .Bored and waiting for it to warm up to go ride.

Winter hasn't even got started and I am already bored and dreaming of rides and adventure.