SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   No electrical power (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/no-electrical-power-33098/)

Bradluck 04-15-2015 11:46 AM

No electrical power

Bike was fine when I put away for winter. Charged battery and put back in but now I have no power at all when I turn on the key. Any suggestions?

Wicky 04-15-2015 12:07 PM

Battery needs better long term maintenace than leaving - if it is left to slowly discharge it will be permanently damaged and charging it again won't fix it.

Yuasa Batteries - Battery Maintenance

Time for a new battery and a trickle charger.

Wolverine 04-15-2015 12:13 PM

Moved thread. Forum feedback is a place to talk about tech problems w/ the forum itself. Should get better exposure in another area.

Bradluck 04-16-2015 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Wicky (Post 384935)
Battery needs better long term maintenace than leaving - if it is left to slowly discharge it will be permanently damaged and charging it again won't fix it.

Yuasa Batteries - Battery Maintenance

Time for a new battery and a trickle charger.

smokinjoe73 04-16-2015 10:45 PM

Wicky is right, its battery shopping time. You need to charge it like bi-weekly or monthly though the winter.

Oh, and if you store it on concrete its done for so don't do that.

996thehawk 04-17-2015 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 384987)
Wicky is right, its battery shopping time. You need to charge it like bi-weekly or monthly though the winter.

Why can't you store a battery on concrete? I thought that was a wives' tale?

smokinjoe73 04-17-2015 02:40 PM

Wives storing batteries?

Well, you are welcome to try it. I already accidently did. Doesn't seem worth the lives of any more batteries.

CruxGNZ 04-17-2015 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 384987)

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 384999)
Wives storing batteries?

Well, you are welcome to try it. I already accidently did. Doesn't seem worth the lives of any more batteries.

How old are ya Smokin'? :p

Not a wives tale. I know it was true at one point. I heard this from my Dad years ago.

EDIT: Here, found this Snopes

smokinjoe73 04-17-2015 09:15 PM

:pNo way, man. That's just propaganda from the battery manufacturers to get you to buy more batteries.

VTR1000F 04-18-2015 05:29 AM

I don't know 'bout batteries, but I know you can't leave a motorcycle parked on concrete for an extended period as this will gum up the carbs.

Pidge 04-18-2015 05:37 AM

Old Man's Tail

Don't you guys know that when a battery is placed on concrete a plasma circuit is formed from the negative terminal through the air gap down to the floor and across the bottom of the battery. When it gets dead center underneath the battery a vortex is formed (due to coriolis effect) then the circuit continues out the other side up the air gap to the positive terminal.

Don't ever do this with a sealed battery placed on its side. the imbalance in the circuit will create a black hole and you will get sucked into next Tuesday if the battery is fully charged. 75% charge will only get you to Monday........