SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   No Dumping - You don't like the price, move on! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/no-dumping-you-dont-like-price-move-16923/)

ff 12-06-2008 08:55 PM

No Dumping - You don't like the price, move on!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the price is too high, it will not sell.

Don't disrespect people and their advertisement.

Keep questions pertinent to the deal.

Do not trash a persons efforts to sell their merchandise.

You want to offer a lower price, do it via PM.
Keep the trash talking out of the thread.

Greg, sticky this! found this in the classified section over at the SVRider Forum and it sounds helpful!

inderocker 12-06-2008 09:23 PM

I don't know where this came from but... Second!

RK1 12-06-2008 09:53 PM

My opinion? Big difference between "trashing" somebody's offer to sell and telling them respectfully that their asking price seems high.

It cuts both ways. Example. If something is posted for sale here for $100 and I know it's available from a retailer for $90 with free shipping, I wouldn't feel obligated to keep quiet while another forum member pays more than they needed to.

captainchaos 12-06-2008 10:27 PM

Yeah no need for "trashing", but like RK said sometimes folks just may not know when they price something, and I don't think there's anything wrong with simply telling someone in a respectful manner that they're asking too much. And when I see some asshat asking $150 for his stock used windscreen, or asking good money for his used stock CCT's, mangled forks, etc, you can bet he's gonna get a wiseass comment from me, and plenty from others. Why? Because it's amusing for the rest of us who know better. And especially when it's coming from someone who only got on the forum to sell their crap. Having said that I don't see it as much here as I do on ebay.

j shizzy wizzy 12-06-2008 10:50 PM

ahhhh......this reminds me of craigslist.

smokinjoe73 12-07-2008 02:32 AM

So if you want NO comments and NO input; then MAYBE you shouldnt post on a FORUM. The very basis of which is interaction and knowlege sharing........Just a thought, or did you want to be the thought police too?

E.Marquez 12-07-2008 04:51 AM

I'll agree, and disagree at the same time...

Agree no disrespectful trash talking about a users for sale post.

I disagree,, the is a forum, of which primary use is to interact and assist others,..
If an item goes in the classifieds for sale at $40 more then is available at a common retailer , I think helping out the many who might see the ad and pay too much is right in keeping with this forums use.. BUT you do not have to be an ass about it.. And once stated.. ENOUGH. No need to beat the OP up about the deal.

Lastly, I like to remember, something is worth,,, as much as someone is willing to pay. Individual responsibility is tops in my book.. You fail to know what your doing, paying or worth of an item is,,,, when such info is easily available, you get what you deserve when you pay to much or buy a crappy item.

handkaudio 12-07-2008 06:43 AM

This is such a hard topic on forums. But I still think that if its listed on classifieds and you think someones price is to high, then you should just pm them and let them know, I list parts on here and have no clue what to ask for them. I would like to know, but at the same time not let everyone think that I am trying to rip them off if the price seems too high. There are many ways to be polite about it.

motojoe 12-07-2008 07:09 AM

I thought that what PM were for.
Example; It would have come off more respectful to get a PM telling me my avatar was offensive to someone.

On other forums I am a member of, if you don't want to buy the item or have anything positive to say about it, you don't reply in the post.
I can see adding a positive comment to help "bump" the sellers post back to the top.
I don't think you would want someone slamming your post for something you have for sale.

It comes down to respect.
Give respect before you get respect and you'll probably get respected more than not.

inderocker 12-07-2008 08:13 AM

There shouldn't be any replies in the classified section other than a notice of a pm sent or a legitimate question about the item. If some dumb ass pays $150 for a stock windscreen then they deserve to be taken for that extra $140 just for being stupid. We don't need to "mother" the idiots...

E.Marquez 12-07-2008 09:41 AM

Moved to the General forum, as it was not a for sale ad, and really should not have been in the classifieds :p

Bottom line.... I think folks should not be an ass with posts in someones ads.

Some forums say, ya get what ya get,, if you pay too much, cuz that was the asking price,, too bad,, But keep the BS off the classified forum posts.

Others allow a respectful (ie Current price at XYZ Honda for that part new is less) type post.

I think it should be one way or the other......

Then maintained that way for all.

So what say you ?

pigwings 12-07-2008 10:14 AM

Pontificating Posts

If you aren't interested in buy it, keep your nose out of it.

RK1 12-07-2008 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by pigwings (Post 191694)
If you aren't interested in buy it, keep your nose out of it.

You got it 180 degrees ass backwards. This is a FORUM where people share ideas, info, discuss and comment.

If you can't handle that, don't post things for sale here.

killer5280 12-07-2008 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by RK1 (Post 191707)
You got it 180 degrees ass backwards. This is a FORUM where people share ideas, info, discuss and comment.

If you can't handle that, don't post things for sale here.

I completely agree. And I don't think we should be making a bunch of rules about what people can or can't say around here.

E.Marquez 12-07-2008 04:13 PM

Thread locked, please go to the new thread Here with a user poll.
To the OP ff, great topic, thanks for posting.