SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   New Member - New Hawk (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/new-member-new-hawk-10775/)

GrayHawk 03-12-2007 08:54 PM

New Member - New Hawk

Well, I've finally done it. I pick up my new '05 Super Hawk next Monday (March 19). Probably paid too much for an '05, but it wasn't too far away, and seemed about the only one still available without major inconvenience. It'll be a while before I start adding mods, etc., but would appreciate advice about what to consider. Any '05 owners out there who might offer a few comments about this particular year model? Seems I've read the riding position and bars might be different than from previous model years...

Mike

timdske 03-12-2007 09:20 PM

I have an '03, the bikes the same. Just the color is different. Mine's blue
the fastest color. I think gray comes in a close second....:lol:
Congrats, you'll really like the bike. I do, out of all the bikes that I have, or
had it's my favorite.:cool:

jamesvtr 03-12-2007 09:25 PM

congrats and it dosen't matter how much you paid as long as your happy with your purchase. i think for mods id start with exhaust and fork springs. you get to make it sound good, pick up some power, then make it handle better. thats where i started, but be care full it gets addicting

bluedog66 03-12-2007 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by timdske (Post 44338)
Congrats, you'll really like the bike. I do, out of all the bikes that I have, or

Certainly hope they are, picking up my blue one soon :)

RickB 03-13-2007 05:26 AM

Welcome and enjoy the new bike.

Darkone22 03-13-2007 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by timdske (Post 44338)

:shock: What u say! :bs2: We all know that red is faster

Darkone22 03-13-2007 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by GrayHawk (Post 44336)
Well, I've finally done it. I pick up my new '05 Super Hawk next Monday (March 19). Probably paid too much for an '05, but it wasn't too far away, and seemed about the only one still available without major inconvenience. It'll be a while before I start adding mods, etc., but would appreciate advice about what to consider. Any '05 owners out there who might offer a few comments about this particular year model? Seems I've read the riding position and bars might be different than from previous model years...

Mike

:worthless:

GrayHawk 03-13-2007 07:23 AM

I'll post photos as soon as I pick up the bike! As to red, well, it just wasn't available -

rooster 03-13-2007 02:54 PM

Hey,I'm right there with on paying too much for the 05. Got a new one then about a week later a yellow 99' came up for sale for roughly half the cost of the new one. Sadly, I belive a stunter got her so she is more than likely totaled. At least I got a pretty color.

Birdoprey 03-13-2007 04:17 PM

Welcome !:welcome:
what it cost; the color; how fast it is; how light it is; blah, blah, blah.
WHAT MATTERS: that you are happy with it. :headbang:
and almost everyone who has or has had a Superhawk loves them.

Scooberhawk 03-13-2007 04:26 PM

I like my '05. I like the color. The cost kinda blows, but with a $99 minimum payment for up to 3 years and a degree on the way in under 2 months, I said screw it.

I fixed the brakes (SS lines and HH pads). I fixed the front suspension (RT springs and gold valves). I got a nice, used exhaust (Yoshi - quiet quality). I put stickies on it (Sportecs kill the stockers). The seat hurts my ass because the shock makes the tail of the bike wail away on my poor bum. So other than a shock, and maybe a jet kit and a seat (or seat re-foam), I can't complain.

nuhawk 03-13-2007 04:38 PM

+1 Bird!

CB160 05-16-2007 09:41 AM

Can anybody tell me what the "position light" is supposed to do? And on an '02 Sprhwk, can the clock be set in 12hr mode? Jes curious....