SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   New Member (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/new-member-33724/)

RiggedHawk 01-18-2016 08:49 AM

Hi all I just started a profile after coming to this site for info searches for the past 2 years after i bought my first Superhawk. I LOVE this bike although mine has some issues it's still amazing. As you can see someone has done a hack job on it and I'm just trying to make it a reliable ride. This thing gets looks and questions everywhere I go. If anyone has suggestions or cheap replacement parts please let me know. :brownnoser:

E.Marquez 01-18-2016 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by RiggedHawk (Post 392975)
has some issues it's still amazing. As you can see someone has done a hack job on it and I'm just trying to make it a reliable ride. This thing gets looks and questions everywhere I go. If anyone has suggestions or cheap replacement parts please let me know.

It would help if you told us what those issues are, what parts you need and perhaps post up some pics.

:cool:

RiggedHawk 01-18-2016 10:00 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Well as far as mechanical issues those are fairly simple things i can do but everything else would be if i could get a wiring harness, fuel tank, front brake fluid reservoir, Chain guard, and possibly some handle bars but those aren't really needed as i kinda like the dirt bike bars the P.O. put on lol

Jack Flash 01-18-2016 10:07 AM

I can help you with wiring harness. PM me if you want. ;)

RiggedHawk 01-18-2016 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Jack Flash (Post 392978)

Dude the wiring in this thing is just SOO fucked up and jerry rigged from the P.O. It'll be easier to rip it out and start over lol

Jack Flash 01-18-2016 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jack Flash (Post 392978)

Meaning I have one in stock for pre '01. From the looks of your bike, I was pretty sure you couldn't do much with the one in there right now.

E.Marquez 01-18-2016 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by RiggedHawk (Post 392977)
Well as far as mechanical issues those are fairly simple things i can do but everything else would be if i could get a wiring harness, fuel tank, front brake fluid reservoir, Chain guard, and possibly some handle bars but those aren't really needed as i kinda like the dirt bike bars the P.O. put on lol

I have a brake fluid res, bars, chain guard and even a tank though it will need minor repair on the right side... Shipping might be a bitch though, and well, while not free.. I'll do a screaming deal on all the parts. Have a spare Sargent seat as well, it's an 8 of 10 so not perfect, but perfectly usable.

All getting ready to head to ebay , so Pm if interested.

thedeatons 01-18-2016 06:39 PM

I can give you a chain guard for the cost of shipping.

I also have a set of clip-on handlebars (stock ones from a Superhawk), and bar end weights. I can let you have those for $20 and throw them in the box with the chain guard?

James

RiggedHawk 01-19-2016 04:42 AM

Deaton and Marquez find out what shipping would be to zip code 68502 and PM me... would the chain guard still fit if the rear sprocket was changed to a larger size?

CrankenFine 01-19-2016 07:29 AM

Double check the mounts on the handlebars. Consider replacing the upper triple with a stock unit and clipons. The upper triple wasnt designed for what's been done to it. Don't ask me how I know...

thedeatons 01-19-2016 01:44 PM

I'll look for a box and find out about shipping.

James