SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   My Chuckle Of The Day (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/my-chuckle-day-26788/)

Old Yeller 10-10-2011 11:28 AM

My Chuckle Of The Day

I was gone over the weekend and asked my son to take the hawk out and give it some exercise. He's used to riding the Buell XB9R, which we sold last week.

He called me up after he got back home. "Dad, this superhawk has a lot of power!". Seems he whacked the throttle a bit too hard and brought the front end up.

:rotf:

My first question was "you didn't wreck, did you?".

The second was "have you changed your pants yet?"

:crackup:

Big Shepp 10-10-2011 11:53 AM

I ride a newer XB12R firebolt awhile back and that thing had stupid power. Still trying to convince my buddy to let me take his ZX-14 out for a spin.

:evillaugh:

VTRsurfer 10-10-2011 03:12 PM

That's a great story... and yet another reason to be careful with who we let ride our Superhawks (your son excepted).

7moore7 10-10-2011 03:31 PM

I had a :banghead: this weekend...

Took the radiator cap off mid ride- and yes... I knew radiators 101: the system gets pressurized when hot- but for some reason wasn't thinking and got a nice fountain of boiling coolant in the face. Have a nice burn mark on my cheekbone!

In the end it was a nice chuckle. I shouldn't let myself ride when I make decisions like that.

Threadjack over

3amta3 10-10-2011 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by 7moore7 (Post 316011)

Took the radiator cap off mid ride- and yes... I knew radiators 101: the system gets pressurized when hot- but for some reason wasn't thinking and got a nice fountain of boiling coolant in the face. Have a nice burn mark on my cheekbone!

In the end it was a nice chuckle. I shouldn't let myself ride when I make decisions like that.

Threadjack over

i done that once to a car and believe me i only did it once. if i had to guess what napalm was like i would have to compare it to getting hot coolant on your skin.. it is hot as all He-double hockey sticks. lol and it is near impossible to get off the skin.

Old Yeller 10-11-2011 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by 7moore7 (Post 316011)

Threadjack over

What on earth were you thinking? :eek:

7moore7 10-11-2011 05:32 AM

Man, I don't know. But I have this nice "idiot" brand on my face that I have to keep explaining to people ;)

It's like telling someone that you jumped down a stairwell.

To be fair, I was tinkering with the coolant and needed to relieve the pressure. I didn't just look at it and go "Hey! Look! A cap! I think that I'll take it off... maybe there's a piece of candy underneath"

dehning 10-11-2011 06:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You guys are a riot. Attachment 25492
I don't think there's another activity in which you can "learn from other's mistakes" quite like motorcycling.

wsharpman 10-11-2011 07:08 PM

are you sure there wasn't any candy? might want to recheck lmao