SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   motorcycle accident. fuck. (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/motorcycle-accident-fuck-17073/)

tapatio 12-28-2008 09:26 PM

motorcycle accident. fuck.

i was hit on the freeway. a bitch decided she needed to exit the freeway immediately and so she veered right for the off ramp, no signal, nothing. i was in the right lane. her passenger door hit me and i went down. i can't remember how i fell but woke up while sliding and then got up and ran out of the road to the shoulder where i laid down due to pain in my left hand and elsewhere. turns out my left ring finger (above the knuckle) is fractured. fucking hurts a lot. any lawyer recommendations? i'm in san diego, ca. i'm sure the hawk is totaled. fucking bullshit.

jbaxx 12-28-2008 09:37 PM

I'm assuming said bitch didn't stop to see if you were dead or not?

tapatio 12-28-2008 09:59 PM

there were a lot of witnesses and my moto buddy who would have chased her down if she tried to run. she did stop.

jbaxx 12-28-2008 10:13 PM

Glad to hear she didn't run. Seems that most do nowdays. A reminder for the rest of us to stay to the far left lane as much as possible.
Get a lawyer for sure.

CentralCoaster 12-28-2008 10:47 PM

Where'd it happen?

Just a few days ago a riding buddy was killed on his way home from a ride out to Borrego springs. Sad to know I ate lunch with him only an hour beforehand. Nobody knows exactly what happened, but a car seems to be involved. I guess it doesn't matter how good you are.

What happened with the other driver? The cops should be treating them the same as they would've if you'd been killed.

Woodytick 12-29-2008 02:32 AM

well dude the hawk can always be fixed, its just a damn bike. the main thing is that all you received out of it was a broken finger and at least she did stop. now find a good lawyer and take that bitch for all she is worth.

marmaladedad 12-29-2008 03:14 AM

Holy crap. Sorry about getting smacked. Same shit happened to me two years ago when a truck sideswiped me.

If it's only a fractured finger, you got off easy. I ended up with a broken clavicle. And the fucker didn't stop.

I don't agree with the sentiment to sue her ass off. Get what you should be owed, but there's no need to make anyone bankrupt.

Hope your injuries are only limited to a fractured finger. Heal well and see you back on two soon.

captainchaos 12-29-2008 06:44 AM

That's sucks brother but I'm glad to hear you're ok. I say it again and again but consider any accidents that don't give you permanent injuries a blessing. Sorry about the bike but glad you're ok and also that the bitch who hit you didn't get away.

Randman 12-29-2008 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by captainchaos (Post 193823)
Sorry about the bike but glad you're ok and also that the bitch who hit you didn't get away.

He's a poet! LOL

What he said...

That sucks,,at least you are alive and able to bitch about it...

Heal quick..

trinc 12-29-2008 07:44 AM

glad your OK ! a broken finger, while painful is pretty minor in the relm of 'what could have happened'.

tim

drew_c14 12-29-2008 08:09 AM

Broken bones heal, pain goes away. Glad you're alright.

I agree with the not going after her thing. Get what it takes to fix the bike and your finger and leave it at that. To many people in america trying to take advantage of the system.

motojoe 12-29-2008 08:44 AM

Sorry to hear you went down. Hope you heal up and can get back out there on another SH. I would get a lawyer to make sure you do get back what was taken from you. It was not your fault. She made an error and needs to fix it. That is what insurance is for.

RickB 12-29-2008 09:01 AM

Glad you are ok, heal up fast

Little_Horse 12-29-2008 09:10 AM

glad to hear you are ok, very lucky only a finger especially since you were hit by a cage.

zmaniv 12-29-2008 09:48 AM

Glad you were not worse off.
What were you wearing for gear?
When I wrecked mine last month Mike at Full Throttle Powersports in Santee did my estimate.
What is the damage so far?

10000+ take that dumb ass bitch to court

VTRsurfer 12-29-2008 10:00 AM

Glad to hear you're ok...broken finger excepted. What freeway and offramp?

I'm 62 and I've been a motorcycle owner/rider continuously since 1981. I can't believe the difference from then to now in driver inattentiveness and their need to drive like they're in a NASCAR event. I don't know how many times my wife and I have been driving on the freeway and I've said "why didn't that asshole just go to the next offramp".

Left tire track of left lane is safest, but you have to enter and exit on the right. Sorry you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

j shizzy wizzy 12-29-2008 10:08 AM

that blows! glad to hear you are still alive!

tapatio 12-29-2008 10:09 AM

easbound on the 8 freeway near hotel circle. from what i heard they let her drive away. they towed my bike, would not allow my buddies to take it in their truck. i had on a leather jacket, leather gloves, over the ankle leather boots, full faced helmet, and jeans. i don't know how damaged the bike is, haven't seen it yet. i'm in pain and am no longer going to ride. this was too close to death or paralysis for me.

bundleofgrundle 12-29-2008 10:39 AM

hopefully it wasn't your middle finger because lord knows i would have some choice words for the dumbshit and then flip her the bird...

sorry to hear about the wreck, here's to a speedy recovery!

lazn 12-29-2008 10:51 AM

be sure to include the value of your leathers in any costs..

Glad you are ok, heal up!

VTRsurfer 12-29-2008 10:58 AM

My wife lived in SD for many years, she guessed it might be the 8 in Mission Valley. It's a total clusterfuck.

CentralCoaster, sorry to hear about your friend.

motojoe 12-29-2008 11:13 AM

Back in 89' I was on a ride with three friends. Nice day ride from Charlotte to the NC mountains. One of our group(lead) who was moderately experienced decided to take off and go for a more spirited ride ahead of the group. Well the least experienced rider(riding 2nd) of the group decided to follow. As I saw this unfold before the rest of the group, the most experienced of our group(riding 3rd) motioned to me to go get him(newbie) and bring him back to a more suitable pace for his skill level. As I overcame the newbie and we both started to slow down, we entered a receding radius curve. Experience is what saved me from having the same outcome as the newbie. He totaled his bike by grabbing a hand full of brakes and headed straight into the side of the mountain. I could only imaging what would of happened if I had not gotten passed him and reduced our speed. He was riding way over his head. I was shaken up quite a bit from his accident. I made it through the turn and he did not. He was taken out by a helicopter. After the Highway Patrol took our info we going to head to the hospital about 60 miles away. I told everyone that I would stay there at the scene and wait on his friends to come get the bike and they could put my bike in the back of the truck too. Well, that didn't sit too well with the most experienced rider of our group. He told me point blank, "get back on your bike and ride down to the hospital. If you don't, you will never get back on a bike." I was glad he was stern about me riding to the hospital. Cause I probably would have sold my bike and never rode a streetbike again. I would of hated to miss out on all the rides, sites and people I met over the years since that day. Everyone will have to make up their own mind and decide what they should do. For me, I chose to continue riding.

zmaniv 12-29-2008 11:14 AM

Tapatio if you are not going to ride anymore any chance that you are going to buy it back from the insurance and part it out?

rbrais 12-29-2008 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by tapatio (Post 193860)
easbound on the 8 freeway near hotel circle. from what i heard they let her drive away. they towed my bike, would not allow my buddies to take it in their truck. i had on a leather jacket, leather gloves, over the ankle leather boots, full faced helmet, and jeans. i don't know how damaged the bike is, haven't seen it yet. i'm in pain and am no longer going to ride. this was too close to death or paralysis for me.

That sucks. Sorry to hear that you are packing it in. At least you are not badly injured. Get well soon.

skokievtr 12-29-2008 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by zmaniv (Post 193874)
Tapatio if you are not going to ride anymore any chance that you are going to buy it back from the insurance and part it out?

The vultures are circling....

I lived in SD between 73 & 81. Things were waaay different in those days (and so were the bikes) but I still got chased on I-5 south of Balboa by a maniac cager out to kill me because I flipped him off when he came up the median shoulder and moved over on me. I had a bros mother on the back of all things. When I dived off on Balboa and waved to a cop heading east, the cager flew on up the hill as I made a left onto Moraga and the cops made the right and followed me. They ran the plate and it came up empty. The female cop said thats why when she and her hubby ride they always pack iron. Easy to do when you have a stickin badge. It used to be a misdemeaner to carry concealed but now its a felony, and only criminals carry heat in Illionis at least.

Anyway, I digress.

Heal quick and reconsider riding down the road...

RoofCleanPhenom 12-29-2008 02:25 PM

holy strudel.

Hey glad you're ok, other than minor injuries. Sometimes we might "wish" we had a broken finger seeing as what could happen..
Good thing she didn't run. Any attorney you choose...I'm tired of losing, and nearly losing friends to the sport....
Just make sure they ask for the chair...
Zap the bitch..

BzzzZZZzzzZZZzzzz

Wolverine 12-29-2008 03:42 PM

Glad to hear your ok. I was involved in a pretty severe 2 bike 1 car accident back in '92. After coming to rest, I felt like I was 10-15 yards behind my visor looking out of a small hole. It made me take an 8 year break from 2 wheels. You may rethink your decision after a while. The experience will make you a better rider.
I would definetly sue. Not for a million, but enough to recoup your loss + a little pain & suffering. I was not able to back then because I was a "third party". But my friend who hit the car got $$$$$$. He was on a brand new GSX-R1000 that had less than 600mi.

nuhawk 12-29-2008 04:31 PM

As some of the seniors that came to my rescue here a couple years ago will tell you, "these near death scenarios take a while to get over. . . "

Be careful about current insurance policies that will not cover you under your personal policy when it's the other driver's liability. In my case I have to fund my own rehab to get back to work. After my wreck I couldn't hold a pen. The other driver has been sited as at fault.

Do you hear the busy signal?

CentralCoaster 12-29-2008 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by tapatio (Post 193860)
i'm in pain and am no longer going to ride. this was too close to death or paralysis for me.

I hope you reconsider. Maybe you can stick with the back roads and quit doing freeways.

If you rode up on that situation a 2nd time, do you think there's anything you could've done differently to avoid it? I'm not trying to place any blame, I'd just like to think that a wreck like that isn't inevitable. That's the only way I could rationalize riding after something like that. Of course the other option is not trying to rationalize it, and just hop back on and cross your fingers.

CentralCoaster 12-29-2008 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by nuhawk (Post 193895)
Be careful about current insurance policies that will not cover you under your personal policy when it's the other driver's liability. In my case I have to fund my own rehab to get back to work. After my wreck I couldn't hold a pen. The other driver has been sited as at fault.

Just because insurance won't cover it doesn't mean you're not entitled to anything.

In a perfect world, nobody needs insurance, and everyone is held accountable. Insurance is just a scam to try and limit liability and have the safe majority subsidize the damage caused by the wreckless few.