SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Lucas Oil Stabilizer (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/lucas-oil-stabilizer-8886/)

cb21983 06-09-2006 02:36 PM

Lucas Oil Stabilizer

Just an FYI!! I ran across some Lucas Oil Stabilizer the other day. I decided to try it in my bike and IMOHO it works wonders. I have no clue how it works but the motor runs so much quieter and smoother with it. One bottle will last you 4 oil changes. Who knows with better lubrication it might make those CCTs last longer.

sjscicluna 09-19-2016 05:44 AM

How did you end up going with this in the long run

xeris 09-19-2016 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by sjscicluna (Post 398548)
How did you end up going with this in the long run

I'm making this a habit.
So after 9 years and a month or so, do you really expect an answer?

Otto Man 09-22-2016 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by xeris (Post 398549)
I'm making this a habit.
So after 9 years and a month or so, do you really expect an answer?

I would usually say the same. On a different forum some time ago, someone bumped a 2 YEAR OLD post about a bike posted for sale. I was a smart ass and said something along the line of "Dude, this post is 2 years old. Pretty sure the guy sold it and isn't even on the forum anymore."

The next day, the OP replies. "Yes it's still for sale". Buyer ends up buying the bike.

1) I felt really dumb
2) What the eff are the chances of that shit happening? Seriously. The OP obviously had his email notifications turned on for when someone replies to his thread.

VTR1000F 09-22-2016 06:35 PM

Dude, this post is 9 years old. Pretty sure the guy changed his oil and isn't even on the forum anymore.

Wolverine 09-22-2016 08:41 PM

If ya pick a good erl, there is no need to ever add anything to it ;)
M1 4T FTW.

rofl

xeris 09-23-2016 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Otto Man (Post 398634)
I would usually say the same. On a different forum some time ago, someone bumped a 2 YEAR OLD post about a bike posted for sale. I was a smart ass and said something along the line of "Dude, this post is 2 years old. Pretty sure the guy sold it and isn't even on the forum anymore."

The next day, the OP replies. "Yes it's still for sale". Buyer ends up buying the bike.

1) I felt really dumb
2) What the eff are the chances of that shit happening? Seriously. The OP obviously had his email notifications turned on for when someone replies to his thread.

Good point.
Someone on VTR1000.org has a signature that says "a closed mouth gathers no foot" or something close to that.

Fastguy59 09-29-2016 08:24 AM

All that beside, Lucas oil stabilizer is awesome stuff, especially for a motor with high miles that is a bit loose also great bikes with non-unit transmissions that run a separate lubricant to the engine oil

Wolverine 09-29-2016 03:05 PM

What about Marv's?

VTR1000F 09-29-2016 04:09 PM

This is starting to smell like an oil thread.

xeris 09-29-2016 04:18 PM

I changed my oil today.

Jack Flash 10-08-2016 08:39 AM

Well since this is turning out to be an oil thread, I'll just throw this out there.

Working in the karting industry for the better part of my life, oil is a big deal. Other than racing 2 stroke karts, I also operate concession karts. The problem with these karts is all of the plastic fairings that cover the engines. I use the Honda GX270's and they often stand on the side of the track idling between sessions. Obviously, they begin to lack air and cooling, sometimes to the point of bring the oil to literally boil.

After spending the past few years shopping and testing with different types of oils, I have finally found our perfect match. Lucas 10w60. Hats off to them for producing a high quality and durable oil that survives the brutality of the concession karts. All of this, at a fairly reasonable price. North of the border, this stuff retails for about 16-17$/liter. My cost is about 7,30$.

What does this have to do with anything ? Probably not much, however, I would not be afraid to use it in my Hawk. That's all folks ! ;)