SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Let the MOD's begin (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/let-mods-begin-7831/)

bronco78 12-03-2005 04:38 PM

Let the MOD's begin

Let the MOD's begin.

A few days ago I picked up a 1998 flawless, stock, less then four thousand mile SuperHawk, stock, Red, did I say stock,,,,as in the only thing in or on this bike that did not come with it from the assembly line is the oil and filter :shock:

So,, Some new tires were spooned on today,, 208 GP's for now.. will try some others in a few months.

Cut down the rear fender.... I think I took off at least 2 feet last night :twisted: AN under tail is in the mail.... but that stock abomination had to go in the mean time.

Swapped in a LED clear taillight with turn signal function. and flush mount front clear signals.

HH pads, SS lines, front and rear are in the mail as is the SS clutch line..

Next to be ordered is the exhaust and DJ carb kit, a new rear shock, front springs, Race Tech valving, and two APE CCT's

Then I'll have to decide if I want to do some motor mods or just ride it. I'm a builder at heart... so nothing from my 78 Bronco to my 05 Mustang, to the wife’s 03 F350 stays stock for long.

It's been fun reading through all the threads.. thanks for the info

superhawk22 12-03-2005 07:11 PM

Ah the addiction begins! :lol:

NOrrTH 12-06-2005 11:09 AM

Re: Let the MOD's begin

What undertail did you get? I'm gonna be in the market for one in the next couple/few months.

Loco 12-06-2005 12:08 PM

Don't forget the K&N air filter and some lighter sprockets!! LOL

bronco78 12-06-2005 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by NOrrTH";p=&quot (Post 13280)
What undertail did you get? I'm gonna be in the market for one in the next couple/few months.

I bought off fleabay. ABS, red, has the integrated tail lights which I plan on hooking up along with my taillight/turn signal integrated light.

Brand?? Not sure,, I'll let you know in a few days when I get it., assuming I can find a manufacture mark.

NOrrTH 12-06-2005 08:16 PM

Re: Let the MOD's begin

If its the site I'm thinking of, which I hope its not, the feed back says, "you get what you pay for", "holes didn't even line up", etc

I'm looking forward to hearing your report cause if its halfway decent, I want one.

bronco78 12-07-2005 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by NOrrTH";p=&quot (Post 13303)
If its the site I'm thinking of, which I hope its not, the feed back says, "you get what you pay for", "holes didn't even line up", etc

I'm looking forward to hearing your report cause if its halfway decent, I want one.

Well the feed back on the guy the ebay shop that sold it to me is 100% great, no bad sales in the last 6 months, and hundreds of auctions in that time frame.. Time will tell should be here in a day or so.