SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Lately (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/lately-33589/)

kenmoore 10-23-2015 04:00 AM

Lately

I just love the VTR.

However lately I have been checking out the KTMRC8R.

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3pylm8sf.jpg

Having recently divested myself of a bike from the Man Cave I am on the lookout for a bike that will eclipse the VTR from an ownership point of view .

I believe that the total ownership experience is a paramount factor in living with a particular bike.

I am yet to find another bike that has been as satisfying to own as the VTR.

Trust me I have tried but failed.

Bikes have come and gone but the VTR is still in the man cave after 3 1/2 years and countless mods that I have read about on here(Thanks Guys)

Has anyone else on here tried and succeeded ? If so can you tell me what bike has done it for you.

Looking forward to the replies as after 43 bikes I still think that the VTR is a great all round bike that allows for individual tastes by way of modification to suit ones needs.

P.S I haven't owned 43 bikes whilst having the VTR in my possession , only 4 , but none have made an impact like it.:):):):)

Wolverine 10-23-2015 06:24 AM

They are nice, I will say that. The bike that could eclipse my VTR will have to be more comfortable. That Ktoom looks a little more leaned over and my body ain't havin' it! Ergo's are king at this point in my life, at least considering I only have one bike in my stable. I love the SuperDukeR but, no windscreen. So I can only dream of a new Multi right now.

xeris 10-23-2015 06:40 AM

Bench shopping.
If Triumph builds the 800cc semi fared Street Triple I will go test ride one. Don't have any real experience with other modern bikes, but on paper not many check all the right boxes like the SH.

Jack Flash 10-23-2015 07:45 AM

There's one riding around in my neck of the woods. A fellow in his early 30's from his physique. Rides it in T-shirts and shorts. :shock::shock: He must make good money since these bikes don't come around cheap, and, we pay rediculous plate prices over here. 1400$/year for a sports bike.:wtf2: I keep hoping to cross him at a gas station and shoot the sh** with him.

Doesn't look all that comfortable, and, from a local TV show that tests motorcycles, the tester had nothing but good notes to give it, but ride comfort, was a real downer. But, wether it's this bike, or, ZX, R1, Gixxer or CBR, you're probably going to face the same dilemma.

That being said, it's surely is one of the nicest looking bikes, and, I would probably sacrifice a little comfort for one, but, my wallet disagrees.

Hangfly 10-23-2015 07:57 AM

The new Super Duke would perhaps be a better choice for comfort. But my wallet agrees with jackflash's.

AndyMX47 10-23-2015 09:04 AM

I have the same thoughts!!!

SuperDuke 1290 with a flyscreen? Big $$$$$ even used
Aprilia V4 Tuono? $8k or $9k used
FZ09? Good bike - but needs $1000 of suspension work = $9k - and it's not much "better" than the Superhawk, just newer
New R1 - droooooooling - $15k (blew by one a couple times on the dragon in September - looked nice in my mirrors)

In the end - for the mountain riding I do, I don't need more motor. And if I wasn't so cheap, could have great suspension (I'm on the way with that respect though) - so, why sell my Superhawk for $2,500, spend another $6k or way more - and not go any faster?

Things I want in a bike if I ever give up the Hawk:

Torque to shoot me from corner to corner
Fuel Injection so I don't have to clean or jet carbs
Good suspension so I can hang it out when it gets rough
Better comfort than a race bike because I'm old and beat up

Wolverine 10-23-2015 09:31 AM

http://www.sc-project.com/prodotti/d...trada_1200.jpg

kenmoore 10-23-2015 02:00 PM

I wouldn't buy a new one, more likely a demonstrator or private.

Bikes take too much of a dive in price here as soon as you ride away.

A lot more research and a test ride are in order.

I do like the idea of the adjustable ergos on this bike though.

CrankenFine 10-23-2015 02:18 PM

https://www.erikbuellracing.com/wp-c..._endsoct31.jpg

Wolverine 10-23-2015 02:36 PM

My wrists hurt lookin' at it!

Hangfly 10-23-2015 03:31 PM

That Duc looks like what a new Superhawk could/should be.
The saddle looks a little tortuous though.

nekkid 10-23-2015 03:58 PM

At the risk of offending the cruiser-hating pundits among us, try the Ducati Diavel.
I rode one recently while vacationing in Southern California. Non stop grin; my face still hurts. Sorry guys.

xeris 10-23-2015 06:06 PM

The Diavel is a cruiser in name only.

NHSH 10-23-2015 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Wolverine (Post 391428)

Tried it in Seacoast New Hampshire and loved it (BTW, one of the best dealers i ever seen).
If I had to own only one bike and had a little extra to spend on maintenance (which is kinda high).
That would be it!
It's great all around and very confi', not to mention power plant is insane especially in sport mode.

Wolverine 10-23-2015 06:54 PM

I've only been fortunate enough to sit on one, and the egros felt so good. It'll be my next bike.

NHSH 10-23-2015 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by kenmoore (Post 391417)
I just love the VTR.

However lately I have been checking out the KTMRC8R.

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3pylm8sf.jpg

Having recently divested myself of a bike from the Man Cave I am on the lookout for a bike that will eclipse the VTR from an ownership point of view .

I believe that the total ownership experience is a paramount factor in living with a particular bike.

I am yet to find another bike that has been as satisfying to own as the VTR.

Trust me I have tried but failed.

Bikes have come and gone but the VTR is still in the man cave after 3 1/2 years and countless mods that I have read about on here(Thanks Guys)

Has anyone else on here tried and succeeded ? If so can you tell me what bike has done it for you.

Looking forward to the replies as after 43 bikes I still think that the VTR is a great all round bike that allows for individual tastes by way of modification to suit ones needs.

P.S I haven't owned 43 bikes whilst having the VTR in my possession , only 4 , but none have made an impact like it.:):):):)

As to this one....... I actually had one for two weeks from a friend of mine, rode it allot and I did like it.
Here are my thoughts, Not as comfortable as the Superhawk, but surprisingly comfortable for a newer bike, which for whatever reason becomes less and less butt friendly, more aggressive position, so if you not into this, your wrists will get tired after couple hours ride, I was most impressed with the torque and the handling, brakes are superior as well, It's actually really good in everything, I don't think you will find much to mod on it, it's already maxed out.
You really have to consider all the factors, Maintenance, parts, not as demanding as Ducati, but still not cheep.

Last month, I did have the chance to get on a BMW1000RR....... well, now.. this is a spaceship, It is a dream bike!!! I don't even know how to describe this bike, but I must say that it blows the Panigale out of the water by far on all levels and I tried it as well.
After all, I still love my SH and not about to give up on it, not done with all the mods either ;-)

kenmoore 10-24-2015 12:59 AM

Been on an S1000RR.

Insane power and all round package.

Just love the feel at the back wheel of a V.

So whatever I get it will be a V.

So many choices.

Appreciate the feedback, keep it coming.

Upland111 10-24-2015 10:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The RC8R looks like it would make a great track bike, albeit an expensive one!
The bike I have been lusting over for a couple of years now is from the KTM family, but a little more multi-purpose:
Attachment 19345

I was really wondering what you guys thought of this bike?
(not meaning to thread jack here). I just love every aspect of this KTM SMT and the reviews are great, but no experience with KTM or this particular Model. I will say looks wise and definitely power wise the RC8 has it beat. But for all around riding.....would love to give this a go. Regardless the VTR is not leaving the garage anytime soon, I love it too!

Sorry Guys still having issues getting the image to show up full size like the above ones....

CrankenFine 10-28-2015 10:18 AM

OK... if I were seriously considering a stable mate for the VTR, I'd lust after this- the new Triumph Thruxton 1200R.

Features a classic look I admire and is liquid cooled, fuel injected, with USD forks, Brembos up front, Ohlins at the rear.

A contemporary incarnation of an iconic bike. :cool:http://www.cycleworld.com/wp-content...io-590x393.jpg

Aquasnake 10-28-2015 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by CrankenFine (Post 391554)
OK... if I were seriously considering a stable mate for the VTR, I'd lust after this- the new Triumph Thruxton 1200R.

Features a classic look I admire and is liquid cooled, fuel injected, with USD forks, Brembos up front, Ohlins at the rear.

A contemporary incarnation of an iconic bike. :cool:http://www.cycleworld.com/wp-content...io-590x393.jpg

:drool:

ren 10-28-2015 01:15 PM

Also about 82.5 ft/in of torque at just under 5000rpm..

No word on weight though

Interesting new directoin, other than the R though I'd probably stay away personally out of my preferences