SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Kawi thread out of hands (hilarious) (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/kawi-thread-out-hands-hilarious-16292/)

gboezio 09-27-2008 05:02 AM

Kawi thread out of hands (hilarious)

Well a kawi thread just got out of control and it deserves a look, it seems to spread all around the motorist forums :lol:
http://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-6r...need-help.html

cal2az 09-27-2008 07:38 AM

Ya, ive seen it on about 5 other forums, including one in the UK. Its kinda old news now. What I think is funny is that poor kid lives where I grew up, in Half Moon Bay, just south of San Francisco on the coast.

gboezio 09-27-2008 08:59 AM

At least it not his real name, people gets bad mouthed and lost sight of their own messes, who never did anything stupid, nailing a wire, well that's the internet I guess.

Gregw 09-27-2008 09:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by gboezio (Post 183075)
At least it not his real name, people gets bad mouthed and lost sight of their own messes, who never did anything stupid, nailing a wire, well that's the internet I guess.

From what I understand, he was trying to mount his license plate under the fender. Should be just two holes. He drilled five holes all the way through his ECU. Says a friend did it, but I have my doubts.
Attachment 30265

scarface 09-27-2008 09:49 AM

dang...lol sucks to be him.

Dave in NY 09-27-2008 02:03 PM

I feel kinda bad for the guy, but man, all those responses from everywhere had me on the floor!

cal2az 09-27-2008 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Gregw (Post 183082)
From what I understand, he was trying to mount his license plate under the fender. Should be just two holes. He drilled five holes all the way through his ECU. Says a friend did it, but I have my doubts.
http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/r...0916081412.jpg

Ya, im pretty certain that the owner of the bike was also the owner of the drill and the driller :p

Death Cattle 09-27-2008 05:39 PM

wow, some of the people on that forum are a little hostile. even though the guy did make a pretty bad mistake.

rbrais 09-29-2008 12:13 PM

LOL. There's this black box with stickers on it, but I don't think there is anything inside it.......:bitchslap:

rbrais 09-29-2008 12:20 PM

I like this response. He's such an @ss hole. :rotf:

T-Will

http://www.zxforums.com/forums/image...ine=1221693395

It doesn't look like he hit anything, it looks like it just went straight through the plastic. But you might want to doublecheck that he didn't drill through your adjustable powerband.

Little_Horse 09-29-2008 12:44 PM

I don't know why people are so hard on him, seems like something any of us could do if we get in a hurry or if we are working on our bikes after knocking a few back...

rbrais 09-29-2008 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by cornandp (Post 183360)
I don't know why people are so hard on him, seems like something any of us could do if we get in a hurry or if we are working on our bikes after knocking a few back...

Yes, they are quite ruthless over there. It's just funny that he didn't think there was anything in the box. Like Kawi makes a habit out of cramming empty plastic boxes under the seat. :rolleyes:

CentralCoaster 09-29-2008 01:56 PM

I probably didn't help any by posting a seperate mock thread that I accidently drilled and fugged up my buddy's bike, and was going to make it up to him by buying him a steak at Denny's.
:evillaugh:

I got a few dozen people going with that, but they deleted my thread. I think I still have the content in my email somewhere.

CentralCoaster 09-29-2008 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by cornandp (Post 183360)

I disagree. The moron drilled like 6 holes in the damn thing! Even if there wasn't an ECU behind it, it was a 100% hack job.

Reminds me of this job I worked on where someone was installing towel hangers on a wall, and they drilled a 1/4" hole through a 1/4" thick steel water pipe. How can someone follow through with something like that without at least stopping to think for a second?

Reason 09-29-2008 02:05 PM

:laughing2::laughing2::laughing2: @ post #13

Awesome. I don't have much sympathy for the guy. It's fine not to know what you're doing, but that's why you ask first and drill later. And that's pretty weak, blaming it on a friend. In the parlance of teh intorwebs, "I don't think you have a friend, enjoy your repair bill." Also, that's exactly why I don't work on stuff after a few. I can make dumb mistakes without any help at all thankyewverymutch. I save the beer for when I'm done.

RK1 09-29-2008 03:03 PM

I understand having a bit of a laugh at this guy's expense, some good natured teasing.

The hostility and ugliness of some of the comments is pretty weird.

I'd rather hang out with the poor newbie who made a mistake than the emotionally disturbed jerks who are attacking him.

vermontzx6r 09-29-2008 03:26 PM

seriously, its pretty bad but is getting more attention than it really deserves

trinity012 09-29-2008 08:07 PM

I betcha most of those members from Kawi Forum may be not over 24 years of age, still lived off their family resource's JUICES. And the 1st thing come out when he would talk to you about bragging 2 miles long wheelie on the local Main St. Anyway why would someone want to place their tags there, perfect invitation for local law enforcement to give them a visit.

little squirt 09-30-2008 09:17 AM

hahahah, wow that really sucks......reminds me of the time my buddy tried to mount his plate on his zx7r and drilled right through the battery..........yea thats going to be a good bar story