SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Just got my SUPER HAWK!!!! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/just-got-my-super-hawk-6653/)

BooYeah 02-16-2005 09:58 PM

Just got my SUPER HAWK!!!!

I am curious, i can't decide wether to fo with the yosh RS3 or the VH S4, what do you guys think??

Also what lower fairing do you guys recommend???

Philipian Ricer 02-16-2005 10:42 PM

Re: Just got my SUPER HAWK!!!!

Ive heard bad things about vand and hines pipes, and all the ones ive heard weren't all that great, usually having kind of a buzzy vibration sound. Yoshi is alright. I have jardine high mount cans and they freakin rule, prolly the cheapest exhaust system you can buy for the superhawk, and in my opinion are the best looking. I had 1200 dollar Two Bros high mount carbon fiber and decided to go with the jardines so i could put my back pegs on it, and like them much better. Starcycle.com has the jardines for a little over 400, prolly have good deals on other exhaust systems to.

grover 02-17-2005 04:45 AM

I have the Yosh's on mine. I love the sound. I didn't think i would like the low mounts but i haven't drug them yet. I have hit the peggs a few times but never the pipes.

faz 02-17-2005 09:00 AM

Since you said you just got your Superhawk, I need to ask: is it new? is it bone stock?

I woudl advise you to look into changing the front fork springs and stainless steel brake lines on the front before spending money on cosmetics, and even before spending money on an exhaust system. Also, I would only consider modifying the exhaust system together with rejetting.

Hope this helps.

NOrrTH 02-17-2005 11:26 AM

2 Brothers sound really nice.

I like the look of the Jardines but wish they were a little higher mounted.

I have Microns and they are the best made I've seen. Mine have a little whistle though which no one, including Micron, has ever heard of them doing before.

cdyer77 02-17-2005 05:48 PM

I want a set of carbon D&D's - Stinkin loud as hell - Luv it!!!

As far as the lower goes...Moriwaki all the way, all the rest is crap (no offense)

BooYeah 02-17-2005 09:01 PM

yes the bike is bone stock, I want to change the springs and do the brake lines where is the best place to purchase those???

Also I am not going to jet the bike, I just want exhaust and the rest I will do for handling and looks, maybe in a year or so when I have the money I will by myself a New R1 for speed.

marmaladedad 02-17-2005 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by BooYeah";p=&quot (Post 2583)
yes the bike is bone stock, I want to change the springs and do the brake lines where is the best place to purchase those???

Also I am not going to jet the bike, I just want exhaust and the rest I will do for handling and looks, maybe in a year or so when I have the money I will by myself a New R1 for speed.

I would suggest Terra Powersports (www.terra-powersports.com/). I don't know if they still carry certain items as they've gone through an inventory reduction, but if they do have it, they will get you best prices.

faz 02-17-2005 10:41 PM

If you have a local accessories shop, try ordering through them. Sometimes you can get it at the same price as online, and save the shipping charges.

As for not jetting, you will most likely be loosing performance. It will sound good though. :)

BooYeah 02-17-2005 11:07 PM

as far as the jardine exhaust goes, what is the difference between the race and standard??

What is the loudest exhaust out there??

does a stage 2 jet kit affect any of the low end performance??? I just don't want to only go with a stage 1. If I do.

BooYeah 02-17-2005 11:17 PM

thats a joke by the way, I am thinking that i will go with the high mount jardines. Are they fairly loud, I just really like the really high mount.