SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Jet kit to canada (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/jet-kit-canada-35036/)

PoorMansDucati 07-25-2018 08:05 AM

Jet kit to canada

Hey all,

I'm trying to get a dynojet stage 2 kit up here to Canada, but I'm having some trouble. Anyone have one for sale or interested in shipping one to me? I will obviously cover the shipping costs.

Thanks guys!

ACE VenTRa 07-25-2018 02:27 PM

What kind of issue are you having?

PoorMansDucati 07-25-2018 02:28 PM

Dynojet doesn't appear to ship to canada

ACE VenTRa 07-25-2018 02:33 PM

Are you sure you want to use a DJ kit? Have you looked closely at the carb setup posts...and Factory Pro jet kits?

PoorMansDucati 07-25-2018 02:54 PM

Honestly, DJ kits are just the other most commonly referred to jet kit on here. I purchased a 6sigma kit some time ago and haven't had any problems, but they have a very poor reputation, so I want to try something different in the ever-reaching quest for "a little better". I found the Factory Pro jet kit site difficult to navigate, but I will take your advice for sure and contact them to find out more info. Does this mean its an official recommendation to try their kit?

ACE VenTRa 07-25-2018 03:12 PM

I would highly recommend FP over any other kit. Excluding what you can do by yourself without a kit. I have to say though that the dyno tuner I use does not recommend using any jet kits whatsoever for the SH (when stock) as it is very difficult to make it any better than what it is without other work such as adjustable cam gears, porting, cams, etc. The best results to be had are changing pilots, shimming needles, and spending time on the dyno if you can access one.

PoorMansDucati 07-25-2018 03:18 PM

Factory pro kit ordered.

I really appreciate the advice. Looks like it's the right choice!

ACE VenTRa 07-25-2018 03:57 PM

Awesome...

I dug through some of your old posts and I noticed that you have a K&N...and are running lean. The first thing I did when I got my SH was ditch the K&N for oem. Astounding difference. The second thing was the flywheel which I noticed you were considering. I highly recommend a lightened flywheel too as well as a good quality 520 set. Good luck.

PoorMansDucati 07-26-2018 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by ACE VenTRa (Post 407007)
Awesome...

I dug through some of your old posts and I noticed that you have a K&N...and are running lean. The first thing I did when I got my SH was ditch the K&N for oem. Astounding difference. The second thing was the flywheel which I noticed you were considering. I highly recommend a lightened flywheel too as well as a good quality 520 set. Good luck.

I was running lean, but cleared that up. My last dyno run showed good a/f, but hp was low (he may have been baby-ing it because of the CCT slight chatter making him wary). I figured a good place to start is a jet kit and its time to invest in a good one.
How do you feel about the hi-flo filtro? I have one, but ultimately went with the K&N. I have no performance issues(chugging, surging, flat spots, etc.), so I never had just cause to ditch it. I have a 520 set and the flywheel is def on my list.

Im really glad I took your advice. I ordered the 1.7 RK RaceKit and marc threw me a great deal on a shift kit as well!

ACE VenTRa 07-26-2018 05:09 PM

Awesome, I'm actually using a HiFlo now for shi*s and giggles, no issues.