SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   It's not always escapable (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/its-not-always-escapable-8142/)

thegreep 02-15-2006 02:58 PM

It's not always escapable

Best reason ever to wear all the gear you can find EVERY time you ride.

http://www.break.com/index/helmetcamcrash14.html

superhawk22 02-15-2006 03:20 PM

Go to R1 vs civic post.

woodman 02-15-2006 04:10 PM

Re: It's not always escapable

That would suck.

someonehappy 02-15-2006 05:54 PM

They were not at high speed, or things would be very different.

jschmidt 02-15-2006 06:03 PM

I talked to her this afternoon. Apparently she's getting a fair amount of dumb-ass internet criticism. I think the video speaks for itself.

superhawk22 02-15-2006 08:39 PM

I'm sure she is, everybody's great at hindsight analysis but until your the one on the bike you never know what you'll do. At least she came out of it in pretty good shape it looks like. The guy in the car can't drive for sh!t and had no need to do what he did. If it was me I would have rather swerved into the wall then a motorcyclist but I ride one. But there really was no need to swerve in the first place. IMO

thegreep 02-15-2006 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by jschmidt";p=&quot (Post 16898)
I talked to her this afternoon. Apparently she's getting a fair amount of dumb-ass internet criticism. I think the video speaks for itself.

In a situation like that tere is just plain nothing you can do that won't hurt. I gotta say with the amount of time she had to react it could have been much worse. I hope she's ok and I think she's really lucky to not have gotten pinned between the 2 cars. Please wish her well, and tell her now is the perfect time to get a superhawk so we can have another member. :wink:

marmaladedad 02-15-2006 09:20 PM

Why a SuperHawk? It'll be gone in a month. She goes through bikes all the time anyway. Crazy Zebra lady... :D

Utah996 02-16-2006 12:36 PM

Oh shit that is someone from this site? I thought it was an RC51 when I saw it on a few other sites....what the hell have I missed?

superhawk22 02-16-2006 12:44 PM

Nope, just freinds with people on this site, it's an R1.

Utah996 02-16-2006 12:48 PM

I just saw the dual headlights. That would bite! I have locked up the front...yes the front tire on the SH when people have cut in front of me, but have never seen someone lock up the brakes on there civic like that and swing in front of some one.

superhawk22 02-16-2006 12:52 PM

Yep you never know what kinda idiot will do you in, that's why I've been seriously thinking of just riding on the track. A lot more speed but no cages to get ya.

Loco 02-16-2006 01:31 PM

I had a similar type of accident in Austin. This girl in a Ford Probe was parked around a curve in the middle of the road, waiting to turn left. When I saw her, I had a car to my right, so I couldn't move right, and she was in my lane so i couldn't go straight. Only thing I could do was go left, into oncoming traffic (which there wasn't). She kept turning and never saw me until I creamed her drivers side mirror. It gets my heart racing just thinking about that...

someonehappy 02-16-2006 05:00 PM

Are you able to say you will NEVER ride on road, if you are a REAL motorcycle enthusiaste.

superhawk22 02-16-2006 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by someonehappy";p=&quot (Post 16966)
Are you able to say you will NEVER ride on road, if you are a REAL motorcycle enthusiaste.

I know what you mean, it would be VERY difficult not to but here in S. Fla it can be a hair raising experience. If I could do enough trackdays I think I might be able to stop riding on the street but I don't know, it's like therapy to me.

inderocker 02-16-2006 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by jschmidt";p=&quot (Post 16898)

the only person that needs any criticism is that dumb ass in the civic... who was obviously high or something. it's too bad there wasn't any footage of her kicking his a$$!