SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Hey Reaper (or anyone who experience with frame sliders?) (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/hey-reaper-anyone-who-experience-frame-sliders-13362/)

vasaq 12-10-2007 10:19 AM

Hey Reaper (or anyone who experience with frame sliders?)

Hi reaper
I saw u had left a very detailed thread abt frame sliders. I have a few questions realted to that
1) do we need to take the fairings off to get these on?
2) does a price of 60$ plus shipping sound reasonable to you.
3) is there a hole on the frame that supports this? god forbid in the event of a crash...does the bracket damage the frame?
4) will the frame slider protect all of my plastic (god forbid again)
5) do you know anyone who sells roll cages for hawks?
cheers
hari

redman 12-10-2007 05:37 PM

Well I'm no expert in sliders but I DO have piles of common sense and years of related experience so........
1 not really
2 yes
3 they replace the frame to engine bolts on either side
4 of course not but in many cases they will keep damage to a repairable minimum
5 sure..dodge, toyota, nissan, ford, volvo..there are many...they're called cars....

drew_c14 12-10-2007 05:46 PM

Now now....play nice.

redman 12-10-2007 05:52 PM

I AM playing nice!
I answered his questions one by one in a clear and concise manner..;-)

redman 12-10-2007 05:55 PM

oh yeah...
3a if you hit hard enough for the frame slider to bend the frame you will have much bigger issues to deal with and will wish that only the frame was damaged.

Tweety 12-10-2007 06:21 PM

I lowsided at low to medium speed and I need to replace the mirror, clutch handle, footpeg and muffler besides the sliders... all bits that stick out...

Other than that only minor scrapes on the fairing, could probably have been "touched up", but I opted for new fairings as the price was about the same for a good used set... And I get to keep the others for the track...:)

reaper 12-10-2007 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by vasaq (Post 139032)
Hi reaper
I saw u had left a very detailed thread abt frame sliders. I have a few questions realted to that
1) do we need to take the fairings off to get these on?
2) does a price of 60$ plus shipping sound reasonable to you.
3) is there a hole on the frame that supports this? god forbid in the event of a crash...does the bracket damage the frame?
4) will the frame slider protect all of my plastic (god forbid again)
5) do you know anyone who sells roll cages for hawks?
cheers
hari

Vasaq:

The post I left was about the T-Rex no-cut sliders.
1. You do not need to take the fairing off to mount.
2. I believe the T-Rex sliders are $59.99 plus shipping, yes this is reasonable insurance against low-sides and drops.
3. Slider brackets fit in the rear motor mount on both sides, the instructions are easy to follow.
4. Any sliders will do a better job of protecting your plastics than nothing at all.
5. No on the roll cages.

Hope this helps.