SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   HELP!! My crotch is going numb! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/help-my-crotch-going-numb-30857/)

JasChen 07-30-2013 03:08 PM

HELP!! My crotch is going numb!

Ya ya! Laugh it up!

I just installed a Danmoto exhaust and anything over a 15 min ride turns my crotch to a tingly mess. I tried to install rubber grommets to all the mounts and I noticed a slight improvements, but its still making my pee pee numb.

What can I do? I'm about to reinstall my old exhaust just to stop this awful feeling.

While I'm at 3-4k rpm, the seat is vibrating pretty bad. Does anyone have any suggestions.

sailorjerry 07-30-2013 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by JasChen (Post 359907)
Ya ya! Laugh it up!

I just installed a Danmoto exhaust and anything over a 15 min ride turns my crotch to a tingly mess. I tried to install rubber grommets to all the mounts and I noticed a slight improvements, but its still making my pee pee numb.

What can I do? I'm about to reinstall my old exhaust just to stop this awful feeling.

While I'm at 3-4k rpm, the seat is vibrating pretty bad. Does anyone have any suggestions.

The hawk being a twin instead of an I4 is going to have a lot of vibration, it is also known for being a ball buster.

I haven't heard of a pair of slippon's ever making the vibration worse or better, unless during install you made the pipes touch something along the lines of the swing arm or engine, so double check to make sure all the pipes are lined up correctly.

To fix the natural ball busting issues and the vibrations of the bike stock, the best thing would be looking into changing out the stock seat for either a Corbin, Seargent, or getting yours recovered and padded at your local upholstery shop. Also you can check out bar risers, superbike bar conversions, and rearsets, they can change the riding position and make your ride more comfortable.

ALOT of threads already started on all of these topics, type one into the search bar and start reading.

KCCO 07-30-2013 05:58 PM

If after checking clearances and so on and not reducing the vibration, I do have a sergeant tooled seat (original seat pan) that you may be interested in. PM me if you are. Best of luck in your quest to find te vibrations. I run staintune and have never had that issue. Do you ride with your nuts in te tank? If so try scooting back and hugging the tank with your knees for support. Best of luck!

21zulu 07-30-2013 08:03 PM

sportbike bars.

Best thing I have done for my superchicken was install a set of Spiegler Performance Parts - Handlebar Conversion Kit these. It now lets me sit on my butt, not my ballbag.

PUSHrod 07-30-2013 10:04 PM

Do what the HD dorks resort to when their farm-alls cause that symptom. Quit going commando.

And when all the other suggestions fail, get that prostate checked. Swollen, enlarged, under pressure, under vibration and in the line of fire. . .just sayin'.

Upland111 07-30-2013 10:37 PM

I don't know if you have tried motorcycle specific riding shorts, but I use the LD Comfort riding shorts. LDComfort - Getting to the Bottom of Rider Comfort - Motorcycle Underwear
I just got back from a 1,300 mile trip and found them very helpful. They are made here in Washington State. There are several other compression shorts that help, sold at many sites. Not saying it will solve your problem but may help.

KCCO 07-30-2013 11:05 PM

+1 on the yokes I did an install not too long ago and they are great! https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ke-yoke-30452/
If you get the kit you wont have all the issues I had of MC clearance or line length. However, I do like the flat bars over the raised bars.... keeps some of the sporty-ness; might just be me though.

scottiemann 07-30-2013 11:17 PM

just let the wifey rub out those tingleys when you get home :P

jerryh 08-01-2013 07:23 PM

If you're going freebird try a banana hammock. Personally I throw em over my shoulder and them let them hang. If I happen to crash this protects my back and ribs. Balancing the carbs may help. Huh. I think the hawk engine is supersmooth.

jerryh 08-01-2013 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by PUSHrod (Post 359936)
Do what the HD dorks resort to when their farm-alls cause that symptom. Quit going commando.

And when all the other suggestions fail, get that prostate checked. Swollen, enlarged, under pressure, under vibration and in the line of fire. . .just sayin'.

"Farm-alls" hilarious and true

smokinjoe73 08-01-2013 10:20 PM

Not sure how you guys ride, but how can handlebars help your junk from going numb??

You can install a gel pad on the seat. I never thought of my butt/crotch as going numb. Gel will dampen it a huge amount. I think I stll have a gel pad lying around.

Its kinda like this

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...w-Gel-Pad.aspx

mikstr 08-02-2013 06:18 AM

call the "massage parlour" :)

jerryh 08-02-2013 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by mikstr (Post 360139)
call the "massage parlour" :)

Is a wet mess bad?

NHSH 08-02-2013 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 360126)
Not sure how you guys ride, but how can handlebars help your junk from going numb??

You can install a gel pad on the seat. I never thought of my butt/crotch as going numb. Gel will dampen it a huge amount. I think I stll have a gel pad lying around.

Its kinda like this

Saddlemen Saddlegel Raw Gel Pad - Cruiser Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

Joe, what they mean is seating in a more upright position helps to clear the family jewels, I guess that also got to do with your body type and height as well...

sailorjerry 08-02-2013 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by NHSH (Post 360154)
Joe, what they mean is seating in a more upright position helps to clear the family jewels, I guess that also got to do with your body type and height as well...

That was my thought when posting my different thoughts, but it is true that different body types change how this would work for said person.