SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   'Hawk T-shirt Designs... (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/hawk-t-shirt-designs-29948/)

VTArrrgh! 03-09-2013 01:41 PM

'Hawk T-shirt Designs...

I spent the morning working on a Super Hawk T-shirt design, with an obvious nod to the Woody Woodpeckers used by Honda and their race teams in the early 2000s. I did the font in 5 different colors, one for each of the 'Hawk's factory colors (red, black, yellow, blue and gray). The image (especially in the "S") looks weathered on purpose, so it looks - well, weathered. I'm currently working on opening a new web store and uploading them, so they're not *quite* available yet, but they should ring in at roughly 16 bucks each, which should include FREE shipping. Lemme know what y'all think, if you have any other ideas, etc. Black or white tees (or both)?

Cheers!

Wolverine 03-09-2013 09:01 PM

I think it looks like shit. You wanted my opinion, you got it! Look at the last 2 shirts designed by Ian. You've got to step it up a lot further than that!

archaicguy 03-10-2013 03:39 AM

Whew....pretty rough but true, it doesn't get any interest from me. I think the font style really needs to be the style that is actually on the bike and not liking the woodpecker thing.

supermarto 03-10-2013 10:18 AM

Dude, I went to art school before computers existed and we would hang our projects up and critique each others work. It thickened your skin and made you realize very quickly if your work was marketable or not... So let me just say your piece is not appealing to the eye. At least not our three sets of eyes, anyway. I like the CONCEPT, because I've always been a fan.of the Woody/Nicky logos but the execution is lacking and leaves a lot to be desired. The font is not "aged/weathered," it's messy and unreadable. Lose the busy diamond plate whatever background and just do a gray scale IMPLIED diamond plate maybe, but a drop shadow would look better I think. You have to set one thing apart, and the only thing that pops is Woodys face. That's not a good focal point. The typestyle and lettering should be your primary focus, the background should never compete with the foreground, and if anything, Woody should be part of the lettering as far as where you want the eye to be drawn to. Lose the spilled ketchup lettering style and go for something bold, preferably the basic SuperHawk font as it appears on our bikes is a good start. Drop shadow that over woodys face or crest, downplay the background noise and you'll be lookin' good.

cat0020 03-10-2013 10:48 AM

Critique?
http://t.qkme.me/3rcqp3.jpg

supermarto 03-10-2013 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by cat0020 (Post 350556)

Yes. Critique. As in, when somebody asks others what they think of something they created... I don't know if you're trying to be a smart ass or if you just couldn't wait to be the first to use that on the forum, but that's not a very constructive criticism...

cat0020 03-10-2013 11:24 AM

Quoting my post doesn't seem constructive neither.. wouldn't you agree?
Could have sent me a PM, ask me to take it down or something.. all you had to do is ask.

supermarto 03-10-2013 12:03 PM

LOL before this thread spirals out of control, I think we all should agree that the design isn't something any of us find visually stimulating, nor would we purchase it on a t shirt or otherwise, so have another crack at it, VTarrrgh, and try again.

Super Hawk Pro 03-10-2013 02:02 PM

It take a lot of courage to ask for someones opinion . That being said id go back to the drawing board, with the how should I say critiques I mind. A darker shirt would be good to hide all the bug guts.

Wolverine 03-10-2013 03:28 PM

Or just leave the shirt designs to 7moore7. ;)

cybercarl 03-11-2013 02:07 AM

+1 on Supermarto's constructive criticism. Spot on. https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ons/icon14.gif

(:-})

archaicguy 03-11-2013 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Wolverine (Post 350577)
Or just leave the shirt designs to 7moore7. ;)

I'm all about options and I like him trying to come up with any options. Let's not try to restrict it to one person 7moore7 (although he has done an excellent job and would be difficult to compete)

Keep up the work VTArrrgh! just do some changes and see how it works out.

VTArrrgh! 03-11-2013 04:55 PM

There's criticism and there's HARSH criticism. With that in mind, I'm trying to break into graphic design, so I appreciate the honesty.

I'll go back to the drawing board...

COLE 03-11-2013 05:36 PM

I like the forum logo. clean, simple, professional

nnjhawk02 03-11-2013 08:12 PM

U know I always loved the Woody HRC logo.

Ur not too far off.

Try again.

7moore7 03-11-2013 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by archaicguy (Post 350595)
I'm all about options and I like him trying to come up with any options. Let's not try to restrict it to one person 7moore7

Agreed- My totally unfounded guess is that Wolverine is also making it as simple as possible- the year he let people choose their color of graphics and color of shirt put him through the gauntlet! It gets fun with competition... ;)

VTarrrrrrrrrrg- what program are you using to design your stuff?

VTArrrgh! 03-27-2013 03:18 PM

nnjhawk02 03-27-2013 04:13 PM

Ordered