SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   GUYS - THE KEYS HAVE BEEN FOUND - READ ON! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/guys-keys-have-been-found-read-22561/)

CANADAVTR 05-17-2010 06:18 PM

GUYS - THE KEYS HAVE BEEN FOUND - READ ON!

What a flippin story...
So this morning, I call the Honda Dealer....bascially quoted $700 to sort the key issue. I was sick to the core. Came home at lunchtime to once again, irrationally, search my pockets in my leathers. My cell phone rings;
"Hey John, how much for a set of Honda Keys?". The Can Am Dealer Principal had been driving his Hyster front loader away from his Dealership (this is Canada Country - even the owner of the Dealership drives a front loader home for lunch), and coz he had to drive on the gravel shoulder, found my keys in the gravel, half a mile from the Dealership! Thank the Lord!
Tonight, I got a ride to the Can Am Dealer, handed over a 24 pack of Coors light and rode my baby home. Yaaayyyyy!

Bloody hell, close call. Message to all...get a spare key NOW!

Thank you to all for your very good advice..you're a good bunch.

John

RK1 05-17-2010 06:47 PM

Heh, that's great.

$700 for a Honda key? What the hell is it made of? Does it come with his twin daughters and a hot tub?

Isn't a "front loader" loader what we call a fork lift? The guy commutes to work on a fork lift?

Tweety 05-17-2010 06:57 PM

Front loader would probably be a tractor or similar? Heh, not too different from the countryside around here...;)

You my friend is one lucky SOB... Now get down to the nearest locksmith and have a spare cut... I wouldn't ride the bike until that is done... But that's just me...;)

hondavtr1000sp2 05-17-2010 08:11 PM

Thats great.:)

kai ju 05-17-2010 09:08 PM

Get at least two spares cut.
Keep one at home with your paperwork ( title etc ), put the second one in your wallet.
Nothing worse than being on a road trip, far from home, and losing your key....
If it's a Honda key remove the plastic first so it doesn't bulge the wallet.
Unless you want it to look like you have a wad of cash.

Kai Ju

VTRsurfer 05-17-2010 10:43 PM

Isn't it cool how things work out sometimes? Glad to hear it.

CANADAVTR 05-18-2010 04:56 AM

Yep, the front loader is a big four wheel drive, all terrain fork lift, with a tractor hook....the Can Am Dealer also sells boats, Ski Doos and the like and uses the machine to load the boats etc. Makes for a mean commuting tool too - no fender benders on that baby! ;)

Old Yeller 05-18-2010 05:51 AM

yea!!!

luis saleiro 05-18-2010 06:01 AM

Good to hear it turn out allright.
All is well wen it ends well.

thusspakebenji 05-18-2010 06:43 AM

Losing something important and then finding it again is one of the best feelings ever. I've tried to purposely lose my wallet just so I could rediscover it and feel the euphoria...didn't work out.

peterpanic 05-18-2010 09:16 AM

I keep a spare civic key in my wallet and then started leaving my wallet in my car when I was at work. Can't recommend it. Now my window rubber is chewed to shit from wire being jammed in there!
thusspakebenji... I lost my mind so I could feel good again when I found it, but then I started hearing about what the little son of a bitch had been doing while he was "lost" and I just ended up jealous and pissed off.

thusspakebenji 05-18-2010 09:26 AM

Whenever a mind wanders off it tends to end up in a place that's loads of fun but wont permit you access...damn lump of cells

killer5280 05-18-2010 10:27 AM

Coors Light!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

youngdrew47 05-18-2010 10:44 AM

Exactly

Originally Posted by killer5280 (Post 266447)
Coors Light!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Nice gesture and all, but don't you guys have any decent beer up there? LOL!

thusspakebenji 05-18-2010 10:56 AM

Keep in mind the guy drives a skid steer to work...

Stevebis1 05-18-2010 11:05 AM

Coors light yuck

calitoz 05-18-2010 11:56 AM

I got all three keys for mine...how I ended up with 3 I don't remember

RK1 05-18-2010 12:02 PM

Well, a few things should be considered here...

CANADAVTR should be praised for supporting the economy of Golden Colorado.

Canadian tax law makes beer much more costly in Canada than the USA.

Maybe CANADAVTR knows his Can-Am dealer likes Coors Light?

That said, if I was the Can-Am dealer, I put that 24 pack of Coors Light in the bucket of my "front loader", head for the nearest beer store, and try to trade it for a six pack of Guinness stout.

thusspakebenji 05-18-2010 12:12 PM

Doesn't Coors have the cans with color changing mountains based on how cold it is? Love that, I always have problems telling if the beer is cold or not simply based on my innacurate sense of touch.

midwest22 05-18-2010 03:54 PM

Q: What do Coors light and having sex on a canoe have in common?
A: They are both F--king close to water!

...sorry, couldnt resist!

offroad_rider2008 05-18-2010 04:07 PM

lol, hell yea! too damn funny, had to go tell the wife that 1

VTRsurfer 05-18-2010 06:01 PM

I wonder if they have Fat Tire up there, only $23 a case at Costco. Look at it this way...any American beer is Imported beer in Canada.

thusspakebenji 05-18-2010 06:08 PM

touche.

CANADAVTR 05-18-2010 06:17 PM

+1 on the Coors Light review! And to think, the guys name at the Dealership is Jimmy Quinn ..about as Irish as you can be! And yep - he asked for Coors Light!
I could have got him Guinness, Caffreys, or Kilkenny - but Coors light! I felt embarassed at the store!
But I still luv the guy coz he found my keys!

gboezio 05-19-2010 01:58 AM

Fat tire was a good one, I had quite a few of those in AZ

Wolverine 05-19-2010 07:13 AM

A little off the current topic but, I lost my key 2 years ago in a mall parking lot. Had to roll the bike on the truck and bring it home, had no spare. After some advice from the forum, I removed the ignition switch and took it to my local dealer. They cut me a key on the spot for less than $20! All they needed was my ID. A lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Now I have 3 keys in strategic locations. They apparently got a code from the underside of the switch.

doomcookie 05-19-2010 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by CANADAVTR (Post 266506)
+1 on the Coors Light review! And to think, the guys name at the Dealership is Jimmy Quinn ..about as Irish as you can be! And yep - he asked for Coors Light!
I could have got him Guinness, Caffreys, or Kilkenny - but Coors light! I felt embarassed at the store!
But I still luv the guy coz he found my keys!

Guinness?!?!?!? who drink that around here, that is one harsh tasting beering.. I can't even begin to tell yall how it taste. Horrible beer..

L8RGYZ 05-19-2010 08:31 AM

Congrats on the find!!!

Let me know who that guy was driving the Hyster, in case I ever need to find a needle in a haystack.

CANADAVTR 05-19-2010 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by 97Wolverine (Post 266579)
A little off the current topic but, I lost my key 2 years ago in a mall parking lot. Had to roll the bike on the truck and bring it home, had no spare. After some advice from the forum, I removed the ignition switch and took it to my local dealer. They cut me a key on the spot for less than $20! All they needed was my ID. A lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Now I have 3 keys in strategic locations. They apparently got a code from the underside of the switch.

My local Honda Dealer wanted $200 to recover the bike (could have done that myself) + $200 take out the ignition, + $70 for 3 new blanks, + $100 for the locksmith + $200 to rebuild everything. I asked about about the numbers on the lock but they said they were of no use!

Glad you got fixed for $20! In the end, the Coors cost me around the same...but it could have been much worse....

Gilson 05-19-2010 02:16 PM

You lucky chap. I lost mine, never found it. Had 15 keys cut and now do a Papillon and keep two up my arse....