SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   FNG With New To Me Superhawk (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/fng-new-me-superhawk-34136/)

COBulldog 08-29-2016 06:43 PM

FNG With New To Me Superhawk

Hey guys,

Just picked up my '05 Superhawk on Saturday. Got it for a huge deal. Just thought I'd pop in and say hello. Also, thanks to all you guys have posted for years. It really helped me in making my decision. Overall, the bike is in great shape. Rear brake needs some work, as it will just hold it in place at a standstill...it's useless for stopping. I suspect a bleed and new pads are in order at the very least.

CruxGNZ 08-29-2016 07:01 PM

Welcome! Post some pictures if you can. If not, tell us about your new Superhawk and also where you are from.

COBulldog 08-29-2016 07:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 32696

I got such a deal that I could trade it in, and still make money. I'd been eyeing it on Craigs List for months, and it was still waiting for me last week when I had money come in from a long-awaited completed project.

Made the offer on Friday night...and trailered it home on Saturday. Had to drive four hours round-trip from Denver to get her.

kenmoore 08-30-2016 01:40 AM

Welcome aboard mate,

Be warned these things get under your skin .

Such a great bike to tailor to your needs.

Post some pics, use the search function and ask questions.

Enter her in the VTROM and let us see the machine in all its glory.

Wolverine 08-30-2016 04:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 32695

Welcome!

COBulldog 08-30-2016 06:08 AM

Thanks...I don't spend too much time in forums, so my pic skills are a little in need of straightening out.

Jack Flash 08-30-2016 06:32 PM

Yeah that's a nice one. I remember when mine used to look something like that. Now the only thing that still looks like that are the mirrors.

Ahhh good old OCMD. It's like having your favorite blanket, sitting on the couch on Sunday afternoon, watch' n sports.

Oh yeah, welcome.

COBulldog 09-03-2016 01:23 PM

Replaced the rear pads this morning. Was really simple, other than getting the damn pad pin cover off. It's a tight space, but you can use a flathead attachment in a vise grip to handle that. Bled the system, and the rear brakes are like new again.

Now, in search of the ultimate flush mount front indicators. I think I'm going to go with an integrated taillight and slice off what's left of the mudflap.

I took it out for the first extended ride today. Observations:

1. Damn that thing is fun to ride.

2. V-twin sport bikes don't exactly sip gas if you ride them correctly.

3. If you're over 40...be thankful you do a lot of core work in the gym for the riding position.

VTR1000F 09-03-2016 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by COBulldog (Post 398276)
...if you ride them correctly.

+1

CruxGNZ 09-03-2016 03:18 PM

The more you ride it, the more fun you have. Sort of like a woman.

Fastguy59 09-03-2016 05:25 PM

Welcome!