SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   finally got one! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/finally-got-one-8443/)

willie 04-07-2006 10:22 AM

finally got one!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been riding for about 15 years (mainly inline fours), done some road racing with wera. I finally found a mint shape 1998 superhawk. I've always wanted to own one of these bikes.........I pick it up tomorrow & can't wait!

Is there anything I need to be aware of with the new bike? I know they have problems with their regulator & the cam chain tensioner. Is there anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks

Vincent 04-07-2006 10:26 AM

Re: finally got one!

Welcome Willie!

I am fairly new too and it seems that the cam tensioner and regulator issues tend to be the most frequent. There are some great knowledge base strings for those on this site.

All I can say is PICS! WE WANT PICS!

RickB 04-07-2006 10:42 AM

Welcome to the list Willie...

Rick B
02 SH

HamsVTR 04-07-2006 07:52 PM

Welcome Willie. Is this your first v-twin sportbike? What color did you get? If it doesn't come with a set of pipes already on it, then you know what to do.

Sgt Rock 04-08-2006 06:25 PM

Congrats on the V-Twin grin, what does it have on it, and you did get the fastest color right? :twisted:

denmah 04-09-2006 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by HamsVTR";p=&quot (Post 20138)
Welcome Willie. Is this your first v-twin sportbike? What color did you get? If it doesn't come with a set of pipes already on it, then you know what to do.

hell yeah cut the stockers or buy some asap

willie 04-10-2006 10:02 AM

Well guys,
Of course I bought the red one, everyone knows that it is the fastest one they make............ it has a set of D&D carbon cans, flush mount turn signals, & a lower fairing.

Yes this is my first sport twin, I think I'm gonna like it...............

I would like to post some pics, do I have to have my own webspace to post pics here or can I just post them straight up?

Thanks,
willie

BirdofParadise 04-10-2006 12:15 PM

Welcome willie,
V
The V-twin grin.

There is an album you can put your pics in and you can attatch them to your post.
Adjust them to be at or below the required size. You may have to experiment with it a few times before they will upload.

Good choice on the Red.
They are the fastest no mater what color you might put over it later.

The bike will teach you a lot about suspensions, carburation, throttle control, and where all the gas stations are located. :wink:

ENJOY!

NOrrTH 04-11-2006 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by willie";p=&quot (Post 20269)
.......... it has a set of D&D carbon cans

Whoa nellie! Hope your on good terms with your neighbors ha ha