SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   does it bother anyone else? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/does-bother-anyone-else-17230/)

Gtrain00 01-14-2009 05:24 PM

does it bother anyone else?

when you see decent super hawk with reasonable mileage for hundreds more than blue book?:confused:

i understand mods and all that, but isnt it common knowledge you cant really get out of a bike what you put in it?( most of the time)

If i am completely off here, let me know

BluStreak 01-14-2009 05:37 PM

Gtrain, as one of my best friends like to say, "common sense is an uncommon commodity." This is clearly a fool who doesn't understand the basic concept of supply and demand, especially in January in a horrific economy. Emotion doesn't belong in buying and selling. Just let it go. He'll learn that if he really wants to sell it, he'll have to let go too!

Gtrain00 01-14-2009 05:45 PM

however even after browsing these classifieds i see some ridiculously priced bikes..but thanks for the input. i saw a 2000 SH for like 5 grand on here in mediocre condition. blue book is like 4300, and even then you can get it for less on here from smoeone who is actually looking to sell the same bike. its just frustrating.
people should be realistic. is that too much too ask?

like the quote too

Nanotech 01-14-2009 07:27 PM

I just laugh at them. If the right buyer comes along though, they'll laugh at you. There's always the idiot that needs something now. Of course, I'd be happy to get 5000 from my '05 with 11,000 mi that's in perfect condition. I understand the market, and it hardly exists for our poor bikes anymore. Even the replica's are starting to go for almost nothing here.

VTRsurfer 01-14-2009 08:01 PM

Hey, if someone can get it, more power to 'em. But they might be sitting on it for a while.

nuhawk 01-14-2009 09:09 PM

What do you mean Nanotech - replicas?

killer5280 01-14-2009 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by nuhawk (Post 195783)
What do you mean Nanotech - replicas?

Race Replicas. Hard core sportbikes. CBRs, GSX-Rs, YZFs, etc.

Otto Man 01-14-2009 10:01 PM

I agree. Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE my superchicken. It's a fantastic machine. But when I can go out and pick up an 05 Kawi ZX-10r for $6k, with 4k miles on it, how are you supposed to compete? It stomps the 'Hawk in every performance category. It's hard to compete with technology! I could never sell my Hawk. Why would I? I wouldn't get shit out of it, $ wise. I might as well keep it, and have in-measurable amounts of fun with it!

RK1 01-15-2009 12:01 AM

I smile when I see bikes way overpriced. Doesn't bother me at all. Maybe the guy doesn't know any better. Maybe he doesn't really want to part with it unless he can get top+ dollar for it. Maybe he's just an asshole. Why should I care? Life's short, kick ass bikes are better and cheaper than ever.

hawxter996 01-15-2009 12:05 PM

why does he have to be an asshole?

hell if some one pays it,more power to them

i certainly wouldnt give mine away.

does that make me an asshole? if so takes one to know one!

Gtrain00 01-15-2009 12:16 PM

i agree with the race replica thing. you just cant compete with technology.
but i disagree nanotech with the market statment. i think that the market for superhawks may not be as big as say an r6's followers, but its group is dedicated, with sites such as this is my proof.

but i wasnt even comparing the price really to other prices of bikes. i was only comparing the price of superhawks to blue book. aka. what its actually worth, and even then in probably only "decent" condition.

Also people like me, i see the market for superhawks as enticing.The SH is a good bike, i dont think ill get much arguement.. especially on this forum :P, but the price is also very nice too for those not really wanting to spend 5 and 6k on bikes, and who also dont mind if the bike is say 8 or 9 years old.

Nanotech 01-15-2009 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Gtrain00 (Post 195888)
but i disagree nanotech with the market statment. i think that the market for superhawks may not be as big as say an r6's followers, but its group is dedicated, with sites such as this is my proof.

but i wasnt even comparing the price really to other prices of bikes. i was only comparing the price of superhawks to blue book. aka. what its actually worth, and even then in probably only "decent" condition.

Also people like me, i see the market for superhawks as enticing.The SH is a good bike, i dont think ill get much arguement.. especially on this forum :P, but the price is also very nice too for those not really wanting to spend 5 and 6k on bikes, and who also dont mind if the bike is say 8 or 9 years old.

That's what I mean by "market"--it's a SMALL group of people, and even if they are dedicated plus the hawk is old news and technology. That's why my 2005 is worth much less than a comparable 2005 GSX-R 1000. I don't care what Blue Blook says-market rules. I love my bike (and the sound is incredible), but if I were buying a bike for 5-6000, a 2005 SH wouldn't enter in. A '98 for 3K would entice me, and they're is almost no difference in the 8 years of production. My bike's been for sale for a year here and there, and I've never even had a bite at $5000...

You could buy a crate leftover SH for just under 6000 in late 2006, and BB that year was still 8500--that's why the BB is off about 2000 IMO. Supply and demand was not our friend.

hawxter996 01-15-2009 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Gtrain00 (Post 195888)

i dont go by book it is worth exactly what you as the buyer are willing to pay.

RK1 01-15-2009 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by hawxter996 (Post 195885)
why does he have to be an asshole?

hell if some one pays it,more power to them

i certainly wouldnt give mine away.

does that make me an asshole? if so takes one to know one!

Maybe you should reread my post. I didn't say he has to be an asshole did I?

I said there are three kinds of guys selling for high price;

1) those who don't know better

2) those who'd rather keep it than sell for anything but top dollar

3) those who are assholes

I've encountered all three and I stand by my statement.

hawxter996 01-15-2009 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by RK1 (Post 195897)
Maybe you should reread my post. I didn't say he has to be an asshole did I?

I said there are three kinds of guys selling for high price;

1) those who don't know better

2) those who'd rather keep it than sell for anything but top dollar

3) those who are assholes

I've encountered all three and I stand by my statement.

i must be one then,like i said wont give it away.

worth what you want to pay.

nuhawk 01-15-2009 06:37 PM

I will give it away and do -regularly. The stock shit is just that. Aftermarket stuff is different.

hawxter996 01-16-2009 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by nuhawk (Post 195995)
I will give it away and do -regularly. The stock shit is just that. Aftermarket stuff is different.

yeah stuff like stock mufflers and shift linkage are usually considered throw aways.

complete bikes?
how bad you want it?

vermontzx6r 01-16-2009 07:53 AM

That wierd. Around here hawks seem to go for book value (NADA) or even $500-$1000 less than book.

Mine is a 02 looks, sounds, rides, runs perfect (after I fix my lever no one will ever know it went down, my leg took the beating and saved the bike). I plan to put it on Craigslist in mid march, when the weather starts for 4350 (avg book value), but i'm anticipating it not selling for a dime over 4000....which is a bargain.

Gtrain00 01-16-2009 08:45 AM

yeah, vermont: i have seen some crazy priced bikes, but dont get me wrong i have also seen some good deals.. it is how much the buyer is willing to pay but the price that the seller advertises gives me atleast an estimate of what he wants

I want to make one thing clear, im not pissin my pants over this because i do understand not everyone is gonna have a bargain up for sale. just thought i would see other peoples thoughts, and maybe learn why those guys who are doing it ( overpricing) are doing it.

hawxter996 01-16-2009 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Gtrain00 (Post 196051)
yeah, vermont: i have seen some crazy priced bikes, but dont get me wrong i have also seen some good deals.. it is how much the buyer is willing to pay but the price that the seller advertises gives me atleast an estimate of what he wants

I want to make one thing clear, im not pissin my pants over this because i do understand not everyone is gonna have a bargain up for sale. just thought i would see other peoples thoughts, and maybe learn why those guys who are doing it ( overpricing) are doing it.

its not overpriced if someone is willing to pay.

im sure some of them arent aware of blue book values

i usually have people make me an offer,this way i dont scare them off with an advert. price that they may think is too high.

RPV-Hawk 01-16-2009 09:31 AM

Some people over price bikes so the buyer can bargan them down to "blue book". I've encountered that in the past. Seller asking $5000, but blue book is $4300. I mention that to seller, and bam, price is down to $4500. A tad more haggling and you can get the bike for blue book or less.

If the seller won't sell, for what you wanna pay? Walk away. Tell him to call you when he can't find a buyer and is willing to re-consider your offer. I've gotten my last 3 bikes that way. Granted, the call-back rate is about 35-40%, but for me, being a cheapskate, it's worth it to wait em out.

Besides, if buyers aren't willing to pay their higher price, either it doesn't sell, or the sellers forced to accept a more reasonable offer. The last bike I purhcased was listed for $5500 by the seller, I got it for $4000. He thought I was insulting him(and his bike) when I made the offer, but he called back 3 weeks later and offered it to me for $4000, and I bought it.

Stevebis1 01-16-2009 10:18 AM

I also wonder what price the market will support and why.
I bought my SHawk in September - a primo nice bike with only 6200 miles. Never down, micron pipes and looking like the day it came off the showroom floor. I had watched the add from July and finally offered $3500. Well under blue book. I thought I was stealing it, but I have come to learn since that deals like this are common on SHawks. I had also looked at a Monster 900 also primo. The seller wanted $6200 (right at KBB) and wouldn't budge. This bike also sat all summer into the fall. Don't know if the seller ever sold or not

At the same time a friend of mine was buying a house. Unfortunately she had to sell her 05 BMW F650CS. I helped her out - wrote up the and put it on Craigs list. She was thinking she would get the KBB - $5.5k. Her bike had fallen over twice, so some scratches./ Not pristine. I tried to warn her that it would probably be many hundreds maybe a grand less for a quick sale. Surprise - two weeks later she had $5300 cash in hand.
I was happy for her, but don't understand it.

Gtrain00 01-16-2009 10:27 AM

stevebis: thats an excellent question, regardless if 3.5k was a steal or not sounds like you got a good bike for a good price, which is what we all want. but yeah the market is something i dont understand either. peculiar story about your friend and her beemer, but if its the right person at the right time i guess anything can happen

RPV Hawk- i couldnt agree more with how you bargain. throw an offer up, be patient, and save yourself alot of money. one thing to remember is that the buyer always has way more options than the seller does, and when bargining you should remind them of that fact :P

Fish 01-16-2009 05:13 PM

If I'm looking to get 50 buck from a sale of something....I'll ask more. Goes the same for cars and bikes. If I'm lookin to get 3K...I'll ask 3.5K. Sometimes you get it but there are a lot of cheap bastards out there who will haggle you down.....to the price you really want.:D

Fish

PS comment on being cheap not directed at anyone.

k-d-williams 01-16-2009 05:46 PM

Always research and educate yourself on what you are looking to buy. Be it a motorcycle or a TV so that you dont get cheated. At the same time, as mentioned before I will always ask more for what I have to sell just for the buyer to have room to talk me down. Sometimes you will make a profit and sometimes you take a loss.

I sold a corvette a few months ago and asked $2500 more than what I actually wanted and still make a good profit. The first guy that looked at it paid me cash on the spot without trying to talk me down. Now I have to wonder if I screwed myself out of more money.