SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Deep thought (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/deep-thought-18599/)

mikstr 05-06-2009 10:27 AM

Deep thought

While riding my motorcycle to work this morning, deeply inpired by those with whom I have to share the public roads, a "deep thought" entered my mind:

If stupidity were a currency, there would be a lot of very rich people around!

captainchaos 05-06-2009 10:35 AM

Well said ;) I'll go ahead and share the story of the lady in her mercedes in the far left lane of I95 here in florida. I guess she missed her exit, so instead of just merging over to the next one and getting out and backtracking (it's like a whopping 1/2 mile later) she came to a COMPLETE STOP IN THE FUCKING H.O.V. LANE, put her turn signal on, and waited.....with traffic whizzing past at 80 mph. People like that should be shot. You CANT be that stupid.

mikstr 05-06-2009 10:48 AM

a billionaire!!!!! lol

RK1 05-06-2009 11:02 AM

Your deep thought is right on the money. I figure most people are doing the best they can most of the time so I don't let it bother me. I just concentrate on getting out of their way.

Leads to my own deep thought. If we criminalized stupidity, we'd all go broke funding new prison construction.

L8RGYZ 05-06-2009 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by mikstr (Post 215110)
a billionaire!!!!! lol

Yeah... stupid bitch! I guess she has no clue how lucky she is not to have killed herself plus a family of 5 in an SUV. Incredible!

mikstr 05-06-2009 11:15 AM

In her puny, self-absorbed mind, she was probably angry at all the drivers around who "wouldn't give her a break"..... Saddest part is, she'll probably teach her kids to drive with the same type of rational thought!!!!!

Little_Horse 05-06-2009 11:15 AM

I think as motorcyclist we notice stupid more because stupid could be "it" for us. We don't always get a second chance when on two wheels. That said stay clear of asian women drivers :shock: not to be racist but just seems like nearly every time I have to dodge a stray cage that will be the driver. Anyways peace.

mikstr 05-06-2009 11:19 AM

In my experience, when men make stupid moves, it is typically borne out of impatience. Women, on the other hand, seem pre-disposed to errors of judgement (like the lady in the Captain`s anecdote) or a lack of thinking of the consequences of their actions on others (narrow focus o making that off-ramp, to hell with the three lanes on the way there...)

swordfish 05-06-2009 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by RK1 (Post 215116)
Your deep thought is right on the money. I figure most people are doing the best they can most of the time so I don't let it bother me. I just concentrate on getting out of their way.

Leads to my own deep thought. If we criminalized stupidity, we'd all go broke funding new prison construction.

a movie quote comes to mind. the movie was soso, but this actor is the man. "Losers are always whining about their best. While winners go home and fuck the prom queen."

the moral is I don't give a rats ass how hard stupid people are trying. their "best" is still dangerously stupid and their worthless lives are a hinderance and a danger to me so I want their lives ended. I don't want to "kill" them specifically,(at least not all the time) I wish they would all just magically disappear. but if a major cataclysm wiped out a large chunk of Illinois, I wouldn't cry myself to sleep either.

mikstr 05-06-2009 11:40 AM

I think I may have found my long-lost brother.... *sniff*

RK1 05-06-2009 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by swordfish (Post 215128)
a movie quote comes to mind. the movie was soso, but this actor is the man. "Losers are always whining about their best. While winners go home and fuck the prom queen."

the moral is I don't give a rats ass how hard stupid people are trying. their "best" is still dangerously stupid and their worthless lives are a hinderance and a danger to me so I want their lives ended. I don't want to "kill" them specifically,(at least not all the time) I wish they would all just magically disappear. but if a major cataclysm wiped out a large chunk of Illinois, I wouldn't cry myself to sleep either.

You've got a point there swordfish. When I said most people are doing the best they can most of the time, I wasn't thinking of Chicago.

RK1 05-06-2009 12:05 PM

One other thing;

When I say "most people are doing the best they can most of the time", that's not an excuse, it's just a recognition of what is. We just have to deal with it. Like i said, if stupidity was criminalized, half the population would be in prison.

yruyur 05-06-2009 12:21 PM

Wow I totally misread that title, LOL

sumthin_major 05-06-2009 12:29 PM

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

lazn 05-06-2009 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by sumthin_major (Post 215144)
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Not me.. That's one of the things I miss the least.

RK1 05-06-2009 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by cornandp (Post 215121)
I think as motorcyclist we notice stupid more because stupid could be "it" for us. We don't always get a second chance when on two wheels. That said stay clear of asian women drivers :shock: not to be racist but just seems like nearly every time I have to dodge a stray cage that will be the driver. Anyways peace.

Ha yeah. Asian women and white metrosexuals with a $50k+ German car and a cell phone.

05xman 05-06-2009 12:55 PM

at a shop I worked at we had this oil change guy we called "ninja".
One day our shop forman told him if stupidity was a matrial art he would be a ninja. The kid never did understand why we called hin that.

mikstr 05-06-2009 01:04 PM

good one! Man, that last one made me laugh like a fiend!!!!!!

bundleofgrundle 05-06-2009 02:00 PM

misogyny always makes me feel at home. It's actually not sexist to say women are cruddier drivers. Dude brains are better wired for solving spacial relation problems. That's all a road is... an ongoing spacial perception puzzle. It's Science.

Little_Horse 05-06-2009 04:28 PM

Im craving some "science" right now