SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Deals Gap (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/deals-gap-14769/)

bowhawk 05-12-2008 02:07 PM

Deals Gap

Just got back from Deals. I saw a red Hawk, a red/black Hawk and a sweet grey Hawk with full lowers. I never got to talk to the owners, was anyone on here at deals May 5-7? The Hawk kicked some pretty high priced ass. These bikes are made for that road. I also stayed in Abington, VA near the Snake. The locals and police are pretty upset with bikers. We probably won't return to VA next year as the mountain is patrolled and road blocks are being used to slow bikers down. Anyone in the area have any suggestions for roads to ride it would be appreciated. We have a group who go down every May. Cheers.

Hawkrider 05-12-2008 08:05 PM

Did you mean TN or NC? VA is pretty far away.

Thumper 05-12-2008 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider (Post 164241)
Did you mean TN or NC? VA is pretty far away.

I am thinking he means all of the above.

Hawkrider 05-12-2008 08:50 PM

Ah, now I understand. And, no, I have NOT been drinking.....

njrider 05-12-2008 09:36 PM

I rode the Gap on the 5th. Mine's the red one (the fast color). ;) Had a blast - the entire area is loaded with excellent roads. Definitely recommend riding the area on a weekday - minimal traffic. I gather it gets pretty crowded at the weekend. Stayed at the Deals' Gap Motorcycle resort - would recommend that too - clean, very friendly, situated right at the start of the Dragon, and reasonably priced (~$60/night). I only got to spend a day there, but saw enough to want to go back. Talked to a few locals and it's clear that there are a lot of tickets written in the area so it's definitely an area where you need to back it off a notch and save it for a trackday.

MotorToad 05-13-2008 08:51 AM

I was there. I talked to someone on a blue Hawk, seems like it'd have been you. I did see a fucking GORGEOUS gray Hawk but didn't see the owner. I also saw the black/red combo and a black streetfighter that was pretty neat. Mine's red and I had bags on it. It's also feathered on the sides of the rear tire from corner exits! :D

vasaq 05-13-2008 10:03 AM

Hey ...any of the three riders being discussed above...do any of y'all stay near knoxville...I feel like i am the only one around here (knoxville) that rides a hawk......the lonely hawk...who got a speeding ticket yesterday .....:(

please let me know if there is anyone around here....

bowhawk 05-13-2008 05:34 PM

Streetfighter

That was me on the black Hawk with a small front fairing. I also saw the grey Hawk, nice. We stay in Alcoa when we go down at the Family Inn. Clean, $45 a night and close to lots of food. We had a blast at a Mexican restaurant on May 5. I'll let everyone know when we go next year and we can get together if anyone else is in the area. Lots of pictures of all of us on zeefoto, US129 and killboy. Cheers