SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Deals Gap (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/deals-gap-11501/)

bowhawk 05-19-2007 11:29 AM

Deals Gap

I just got back from a week in the Deals Gap area. We stayed in Alcoa for three days and then moved to Abington to ride the Snake. I was with a group of Ducati riders, a KTM950 supermoto and a BMW 1150GS. The Hawk kicks ass. I wasn't as quick as the KTM but it has the sweetest carburation on a bike that I have ever ridden. I was schooled by a girl on a KTM 525smc. She came by me and backed it in to the next corner. I thought my bike had slipped out of gear she went by so fast. The Snake, Hwy 421, has got to be the most fun you can have with a set of leathers on. I had both wheels in the air once and could power wheelie in second on a couple of faster switchbacks. It was right in the bikes sweet spot. The trip was a blast.

L8RGYZ 05-19-2007 12:47 PM

Were you there on Monday 5/14? I think I saw your pics on killboy.com... blue S. Hawk, Leo Vince?

Been meaning to hit 421 on an overnighter. Sounds like a great ride.

bowhawk 05-19-2007 02:53 PM

Yes that was the day but no that was not me. I met that guy at the shop just past deals, he bought that new last year and it's a 2003. Sounded good but he was getting a jet kit put in. I'm the guy in picture #257. I was there on the Tuesday and Wednesday as well, hope the pictures are better. The 421 is an even better road and there is the 133 that takes you into Demascus, all long 100mph sweepers. The locals said it's about 14 miles and should take you about 6.5 minutes. I'd like to know the roads like they do, what a place to live.

Brian A 05-19-2007 04:19 PM

My guess is the girl who you mentioned was Suzie Moody. She is fast.
Real fast.
If it was Suzie, she's mid 40s I think and used to race Enduro, and competed at a national level. I believe she has only been riding sport bikes for about 4 or 5 years.
Very nice lady.

JesseW. 05-19-2007 05:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
i was up there on the 7th 8th and 9th. suzie scared the crap outta me coming the other way on her KTM. I swear her bar end was touching the pavement. my brother came with me on his TLR and we met some guys at the motel, one a a BMW r1100s and one on a 600rr. i was scraping the pegs a lot up there and my suspension is set up (penske rear, racetech front). my favorite road we went on was highway 28 from Franklin to the gas station at the four lane. Endless quick downhill switchbacks. there are some pics of me on killboy on the 8th and 9th, around the 30's on both days.

fuzzuki 05-19-2007 06:14 PM

Ride the wolf. Forget about the GAP

SuperLoud 05-19-2007 07:08 PM

What and where is "the Wolf"?

HRCVTR1000 05-19-2007 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by fuzzuki (Post 53758)
Ride the wolf. Forget about the GAP

Are you talking about Wolf pen Gap ? In North Ga .

rooster 05-19-2007 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Brian A (Post 53751)
My guess is the girl who you mentioned was Suzie Moody. She is fast.
Real fast.
If it was Suzie, she's mid 40s I think and used to race Enduro, and competed at a national level. I believe she has only been riding sport bikes for about 4 or 5 years.
Very nice lady.

Doesnt Killboy's wife ride a supermoto on the Gap all the time? I have heard she is very quick. She is in her mid twenties I believe.

fuzzuki 05-19-2007 07:40 PM

I'm not 100% sure. I think we were just north of Suches?

When we finished this sweet road with all kinds of long down hills and long up hills with plenty of curves and banking we stopped at a gas station, and they were promoting "Ride the Wolf"

Forget the dragon, ride the wolf.
They gave out free stickers to those who filled up with gas.

It was a sweet road.
But not worth the trip alone.

We hooked up with it in a series of roads. I wasn't the leader, I was just a follower. First time in the GAP.

I was surprised how well the Super Hawk handled down in the GAP.
I loved every second of that trip, and the Hawk made it all that much better.

rob

Brian A 05-19-2007 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by rooster (Post 53766)
Doesnt Killboy's wife ride a supermoto on the Gap all the time? I have heard she is very quick. She is in her mid twenties I believe.

Yes. They actually have two Husqvarnas. One is out of commission now - big hole in the case :/

She is a good rider. I followed her once in our G35 coupe and she moved along pretty quickly.

Regarding the mention of 28 down to Franklin. Yes, that is a good road. Some serious fun whoop-tee-doos and what-nots.

JesseW. 05-20-2007 01:23 PM

and none of the traffic!!!!

Randman 05-20-2007 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by fuzzuki (Post 53767)
I'm not 100% sure. I think we were just north of Suches?

When we finished this sweet road with all kinds of long down hills and long up hills with plenty of curves and banking we stopped at a gas station, and they were promoting "Ride the Wolf"

Forget the dragon, ride the wolf.
They gave out free stickers to those who filled up with gas.

It was a sweet road.
But not worth the trip alone.

We hooked up with it in a series of roads. I wasn't the leader, I was just a follower. First time in the GAP.

I was surprised how well the Super Hawk handled down in the GAP.
I loved every second of that trip, and the Hawk made it all that much better.

rob

Yup, That is just above Suches, I will be hitting that road on my to hook up with some friends of mine just before the GAP trip....

bowhawk 05-21-2007 04:54 AM

There's a road that they call the triangle near there as well. It has everything from technical deals type corners to fast sweepers. We also road Hwy#58 near Abington, great road but it had a bit of gravel that made it interesting. Don't look at the rocks, look at the line through them. How do I make pictures small enough to post?

Sgt Rock 05-21-2007 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by bowhawk (Post 53863)
There's a road that they call the triangle near there as well.

Yeah I live about 15 miles from it. It used to be a nice kept secret until tailofthedragon.com did a spread on it.:evil:

bowhawk 05-21-2007 06:25 AM

Next time I'm down, we should get together and you can show us the roads to ride. We usually stay in Alcoa and then move to somewhere near Hwy421. What a place to live. Can you ride all year round?

Sgt Rock 05-21-2007 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by bowhawk (Post 53876)
What a place to live. Can you ride all year round?

I've lived here for 6 years now and it has to be the quickest 6 years of my life. The riding has always been fantastic and you can ride all year if you want to. I ride about 300 days out of the year, whether it's hitting the twisties or commuting I usually ride everyday. I have a Jeep Wrangler that I've only put 8000 miles on in two years. When the cold weather does come it usually only last for about three months then it starts to warm up again.

fuzzuki 05-21-2007 07:37 AM

OK stop it. I already want to get in another trip down there.

All my friends are just now returning from a week long trip today.

I'm missing all the perfect roads with banking on evey corner.

Stop it.

Pretty soon, I'll wanting to move down there too.