SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Considering selling the superhawk after this season... (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/considering-selling-superhawk-after-season-25139/)

thefitzvh 04-06-2011 06:13 AM

Considering selling the superhawk after this season...

I am in love.

http://www.cycleworld.com/var/ezflow...ge_575_346.jpg

Ohlins NIX30 fork and a TTX36 shock... carbon fiber bits. And triumph usually runs specials where you can get accessories free (right now it's an exhaust, shorty levers, etc)

Come wintertime when dealers are getting rid of stuff, I'm gonna find one.

I love this motorcycle. I got a chance to ride the regular version, and it's amazing. Plus I've never purchased a brand new bike.

So, keep an eye open. I'm going to continue to upgrade my low mileage VTR through this track season. Then it'll be coming up here for sale :-)

thefitzvh 04-06-2011 09:13 AM

No opinions? Dang.

Not a triumph forum, i know :-)

Am i a traitor for considering selling my hawk?

you guys don't love me now?

ROFL

cliby 04-06-2011 09:22 AM

I have read they are great bikes. Maintains the theme of more torque per cc than the inline designs. But it still must be quite a drop in torque from the SH. I'm sure handling wise there is no comparison - should be fun. there were some engine issues on earlier models but I'm guessing you researched those and they are fixed.

b1m3x8 04-06-2011 09:35 AM

Don't tell anyone but that's one of my favorite bikes too. lol

thefitzvh 04-06-2011 09:42 AM

Yeah i heard they've sorted most of the engine issues out.

My BRAIN tells me to find a lightly used model, save some cash.

My HEART tells me: I've never owned a brand new bike, and the ohlins bits are TOO damn sexy.

Sigh.

I hate motorcycles.

mikstr 04-06-2011 10:28 AM

definitely a keeper, although I can't help but wonder how the new Agusta F3 will stack up (same displacement)....

LoPing78 04-06-2011 10:56 AM

We're in love with the same woman damn it! Had I have had the cash flow this year that would be sitting in my garage.. They're offering the Arrow full exhaust and other goodies to get rid of the 2010's.. I'd take mine in the red.. sexiest bike on the streets right now.. IMO..

thefitzvh 04-06-2011 11:22 AM

I want the R model, so I guess I won't get to take advantage of the free Arrow exhaust offer. But I'd be fine with buying it.

I hear from the triumph forums that when you get the arrow option they install a custom map for it as well

trackdayhawk 04-06-2011 12:56 PM

I've been a fan of Triumph (see my sig), quality build and components, very usable torque, and a triple exhaust note unlike any other. I like 'hawks and BMWs too, there's room for all of them in my world......

ranchomice 04-06-2011 01:16 PM

Beautiful bike with nice bits. I'm wondering if they're ever going to make something in the liter range, other than the 1050's. That bike actually has almost as much power (125hp I believe) and it is light. I'm sure it's an amazing tack bike.

superdutyd 04-06-2011 01:24 PM

Sweet bike. You know what is funny though, our local Subaru dealer just started selling Triumph motorcycles and another local Dodge dealer is selling BMW motorcycles. There was also a really cool looking BMW sportbike they had displayed. Does car dealers selling bikes seem strange to anyone, or is this how it is everywhere?

ninjagoalie 04-06-2011 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by superdutyd (Post 298094)
Does car dealers selling bikes seem strange to anyone, or is this how it is everywhere?

We have a car dealer here that has tried to sell used Hardley's for a few years. They don't seem to have much luck with it.

JPP 04-06-2011 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by ninjagoalie (Post 298101)
We have a car dealer here that has tried to sell used Hardley's for a few years. They don't seem to have much luck with it.

Is that the Edsel Dealership on West 4th?

cliby 04-06-2011 05:13 PM

these guys are pretty reasonable reviewers generally - just out.

2011 Triumph Daytona 675R First Ride - Motorcycle USA

mortbike 04-06-2011 07:14 PM

There is a Honda auto dealership here in southeast Florida that is a very successful high volume Honda motorcycle dealership as well-Mort

1down5up 04-06-2011 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by ranchomice (Post 298091)
Beautiful bike with nice bits. I'm wondering if they're ever going to make something in the liter range, other than the 1050's. That bike actually has almost as much power (125hp I believe) and it is light. I'm sure it's an amazing tack bike.

125hp in race trim, bout 100 stock

koth442 04-06-2011 10:29 PM

There's one at my college I see whenever its sunny. I feel bad for cheating on my Chicken Hawk, but DAMN they're sexy.

D VTR RIDER 04-07-2011 05:21 PM

First on the want list is the 675 Agusta next would be the Triumph. Beautiful bike and yes a real track weapon in my opinion. I chase the same guy around the track every year and if I'm on my game I get to pass him.
If ever I get divorced I would buy one in an instant or is that when I buy one, I will be divorced:rolleyes: