SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Check out my cans :) (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/check-out-my-cans-8718/)

nineighthawk 05-20-2006 01:50 PM

Check out my cans :)

4 Attachment(s)
One of my Wolf cans started showing some heat damage on the Carbon cover since the packing blew out. So, I had a real nice set of Akrapovic cans laying around the shop. The Ak's were way too long so, after chopping up $800 worth of titanium this is what I am running now.
They sound awsome and I get lots of heads turning.
Gawd I love the SH.

superhawk22 05-20-2006 02:36 PM

:shock: Those suckers must be LOUD!! Did you want the ends to point in or is that the only way it would mount?

Randman 05-20-2006 08:18 PM

Pass the Earplugs please....

BirdofParadise 05-20-2006 11:26 PM

Truely an in your face exhaust (if you are the one riding behind).
A good example of sound concentration that.
Looks good.

Cliff I don't think earplugs will help.

superchicken996 05-22-2006 12:16 PM

I like the creativity. Are those the mid-pipes that came from Wolf?

nineighthawk 05-22-2006 07:02 PM

They are loud.. not as loud as you might think tho.. The cans actually do muffle quite a bit.

The midpipes are the wolf ones, the Ak's slipped right on them.

As far as the location of the tips. The Wolf's were pointed at each other so I stayed with that theme. I also believe that with the pipes pointed like they are, it helps with scavenging in the other pipe.

Thx for the nice comments. :)

honda996 05-24-2006 07:27 AM

nineighthawk,

Your bike looks great, mine is silver too, looks just like yours but without the different chin fairing under the motor and obviously your exhaust. I like your mirrors, what or where are they from, and were there any special mouting procedures?

Thanks!

nineighthawk 05-24-2006 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by honda996
nineighthawk,

Your bike looks great, mine is silver too, looks just like yours but without the different chin fairing under the motor and obviously your exhaust. I like your mirrors, what or where are they from, and were there any special mouting procedures?

Thanks!

Thanks honda996,

Silver compliments our SH's real nice. My lwr. is a Pyramid piece, they make some nice parts.

The mirrors are off a Yamaha R6. No mods are required. The studs are almost the exactly the same size as the Hawk ones. I believe the R1 has the same mirrors. They extend a little farther than the stockers so I can keep an eye on the I4's behind me :)

nineighthawk 05-24-2006 10:19 PM

Hey honda996,

Are you really 74 years old?

If you are ... what a stud, still riding around on a badass bike.

superhawk22 05-24-2006 10:23 PM

Hell yeah...if that's not a joke much props to the man!

honda996 05-25-2006 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by nineighthawk
Hey honda996,

Are you really 74 years old?

If you are ... what a stud, still riding around on a badass bike.

No, that's wrong, I see from your other posts there are a bunch of funky birthdays. Maybe when they changed over to this new software the thing made up birthdays or something. I doubt I'll be able to even sit on this bike at that age!

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to try to track down some new mirrors!

BirdofParadise 06-12-2006 01:41 AM

I think I saw someone's birthday as 1902 ah the wonders of Geritol.

I don't think I mentioned......................................... ................
NICE BIKE!!!!!!