SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Bay Area/Nor Call Superhawk Owners or Appreciators-Please Help (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/bay-area-nor-call-superhawk-owners-appreciators-please-help-33955/)

HellsAekel 05-21-2016 05:54 PM

Bay Area/Nor Call Superhawk Owners or Appreciators-Please Help

Hi All,

I am trying to find owners or people with good experiences with the superhawk in the Bay Area or Northern California. If that is you or you know someone who fits this description I would love it if you could let me know.

I am looking for suggestions for a really good mechanic who knows the superhawk very well and would do an excellent job on my 60K service and also address some other issues (listed at the end)

My regular mechanic is great for getting me in, out and back on the road in a matter of a coupla hours (this is my only vehicle and I put 50 miles on it a day). However, I would like someone who knows the Superhawk well, or would be willing to research it well and do some painstaking work to get it running as great.

The major issues I have listed in order of priority (according to my limited understanding are):

-Gas Tank Vent-in rain the engine dies because no gas flows into the engine. My mechanic has tried to address this several times but it never works and he keeps telling me after trying that I should just ride with the gas cap open in the rain.

-Backfiring- In the past few weeks whenever I am rolling down a particular hill with the clutch out, my bike backfires. This also happens other times and places, but always at this particular spot of the hill.

-Engine missing beats-My engine sounds (but I don't really know) like it misses beats. This is really prominent and I have to use the clutch more than I would expect at 3k rpm to (and under of course but even at 3k) to keep this to a minimum.

E.Marquez 05-24-2016 04:14 AM

You're in CA, is that a bike sold originally in california?

Originally Posted by HellsAekel (Post 396326)
Hi All,

I am trying to find owners or people with good experiences with the superhawk in the Bay Area or Northern California. If that is you or you know someone who fits this description I would love it if you could let me know.

I am looking for suggestions for a really good mechanic who knows the superhawk very well and would do an excellent job on my 60K service and also address some other issues (listed at the end)

My regular mechanic is great for getting me in, out and back on the road in a matter of a coupla hours (this is my only vehicle and I put 50 miles on it a day). However, I would like someone who knows the Superhawk well, or would be willing to research it well and do some painstaking work to get it running as great.

The major issues I have listed in order of priority (according to my limited understanding are):

-Gas Tank Vent-in rain the engine dies because no gas flows into the engine. My mechanic has tried to address this several times but it never works and he keeps telling me after trying that I should just ride with the gas cap open in the rain.

-Backfiring- In the past few weeks whenever I am rolling down a particular hill with the clutch out, my bike backfires. This also happens other times and places, but always at this particular spot of the hill.

-Engine missing beats-My engine sounds (but I don't really know) like it misses beats. This is really prominent and I have to use the clutch more than I would expect at 3k rpm to (and under of course but even at 3k) to keep this to a minimum.

HellsAekel 05-24-2016 06:48 AM

Hi E.Marquez,

Yes that's right. It was originally sold out here in CA.

E.Marquez 05-24-2016 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by HellsAekel (Post 396371)
Hi E.Marquez,

Yes that's right. It was originally sold out here in CA.

If it still has the charcoal vapor recovery system on it, that is likely the issue with your tank venting.

Hangfly 05-25-2016 03:03 PM

PM Sent