SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Anyone Missing An '02 Red Hawk? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/anyone-missing-02-red-hawk-15667/)

VTRsurfer 08-03-2008 04:29 PM

Anyone Missing An '02 Red Hawk?

My wife and I rode to Cook's Corner for breakfast early this morning (tried to get there before all the Harley guys, they hurt my ears).

When leaving I saw a Red VTR and went up to the guy to say hi. I asked him what year it was and he said "its an '05". I said "that's my '05 and Titanium was the only color that year". He then searched on the left side of his frame saying "I'm not really sure what year it is". :confused: I then looked at the VIN sticker on the RIGHT side and told him he has an '02.:rolleyes:

So, if anyone had their Red '02 stolen, stock right out of the box including big rear fender, I saw it today.

Scoutpilot 08-03-2008 06:27 PM

Good catch. As we all know....any self respecting Hawk rider knows what colors were available what year.

drew_c14 08-03-2008 06:33 PM

Could be, or maybe he's just an idiot. Hard to tell.

VTRsurfer 08-03-2008 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by drew_c14 (Post 174850)
Could be, or maybe he's just an idiot. Hard to tell.

I think he was just oblivious. He was about 50 and with another guy on a Monster, yuppie types.

Can you believe not knowing the year of your bike?

Gregw 08-03-2008 08:11 PM

I went to a car show a while back and this woman drives up in an Austin Healey 3000. I strike up a conversation 'cause her daughter's a babe. I asked what year her car was and she hadn't a clue, started rummaging for the registration in the trunk. Guess it happens, but you'd think people would know at least a little something about what they are driving.:rolleyes:

VFR79 08-04-2008 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Gregw (Post 174871)
Guess it happens, but you'd think people would know at least a little something about what they are driving.:rolleyes:

Yeah, try working at a motorcycle parts counter!

Customer: "I need some parts for my bike."
Parts: "What bike do you have?"
Customer: "It's a Honda."
Parts: "Which one?"
Customer: "I think it's a 92...it's red..."

Funny thing is I work at a Honda only shop. When I worked in parts I had the most vague people on the planet trying to tell me what they rode. It was worse with the ATVs...

Scoutpilot 08-04-2008 09:27 AM

Yuppies...sheesh

superhawk22 08-04-2008 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by VFR79 (Post 174921)
Yeah, try working at a motorcycle parts counter!

Customer: "I need some parts for my bike."
Parts: "What bike do you have?"
Customer: "It's a Honda."
Parts: "Which one?"
Customer: "I think it's a 92...it's red..."

Funny thing is I work at a Honda only shop. When I worked in parts I had the most vague people on the planet trying to tell me what they rode. It was worse with the ATVs...

:lol: get that ALL the time, at least you only had one brand to worry about! I love the color references too, like that tells me anything......why not just tell me it has 2 wheels and a motor!! :rolleyes: Sorry rant over.

SlowHAWK 08-04-2008 07:05 PM

I finihsed reading this thread, then do my typical Craigslist search for crap I don't need... I find this...

http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/mcy/780381113.html

This guy doesn't even know what bike he has as well...

J.

superhawk22 08-04-2008 07:09 PM

That's one hot looking VTR!! :lol:

COLE 08-04-2008 07:20 PM

i work at the parts counter at lakehill motors and marines, one of the biggest honda yamaha dealerships in the nation (US) and ppl come to counter and say i need some parts, i like ok what for? he ll say a four wheeler, then i have to ask honda or yamaha, and a whole bunch of other stupid questions, then they dont like price and all the trouble was for nothing, we sale b/w $200,000.00 and 260,000.00$ in parts alone per month, i am one of 5 parts guys, we work 6 days a week and rarely get day off, i dont get to ride much

SPRHK 08-04-2008 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by COLE (Post 175039)
i work at the parts counter at lakehill motors and marines, one of the biggest honda yamaha dealerships in the nation (US) and ppl come to counter and say i need some parts, i like ok what for? he ll say a four wheeler, then i have to ask honda or yamaha, and a whole bunch of other stupid questions, then they dont like price and all the trouble was for nothing, we sale b/w $200,000.00 and 260,000.00$ in parts alone per month, i am one of 5 parts guys, we work 6 days a week and rarely get day off, i dont get to ride much

Snivel,snivel. Me too!!! I work 2 jobs 6 days a week, and when I get home, the wife goes to work. I dont get ANY ridung in!

superbling 08-04-2008 07:53 PM

Back when I helped out in Honda parts, one yo-yo wanted some item for his Honda Stanley. We tore our hair out trying to figure it out. He was reading the name off the headlight glass.

nuhawk 08-04-2008 08:14 PM

I run a plant nursery. I appreciate what you part guys go through because it's the same for me.

Is this a sunny location or is it mostly shaded?

"I dunno"

How long have you lived there?

Six years.

Which side of the house does the sun come up on?

"Ah, the front - no maybe it's more on the side."

I am seriously considering doing what the airlines are doing. If you use my time - you pay this much. If you abuse my time - it's three times more expensive.

Model numbers would be a huge leap forward. In the plants business - that will never happen. Even beef has a bar code in this country.

Worse yet, in my business, there is no Chevy from New Jersery. Our version of New Jersey Chevy in Central Texas is a bit different.

Any butcher, grocer, produce seller will tell you the same thing. "It's today, right here, right now."

falcondrvr 08-04-2008 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by SlowHAWK (Post 175036)
I finihsed reading this thread, then do my typical Craigslist search for crap I don't need... I find this...

http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/mcy/780381113.html

This guy doesn't even know what bike he has as well...

J.

It's in Bridgeport CT... which means the bike is stolen or that guy is just plain retarded... both are possibilities in that town.

superhawk22 08-04-2008 08:27 PM

:lol: That is Soooo true!

VFR79 08-05-2008 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by superbling (Post 175044)
Back when I helped out in Honda parts, one yo-yo wanted some item for his Honda Stanley. We tore our hair out trying to figure it out. He was reading the name off the headlight glass.

That's great!!!

A buddy of mine who runs our parts dept had some clueless moron on the phone who didn't know what bike he had. "Perhaps you can give me the VIN or engine number." "Oh, here it is: 1N2345." Are you SERIOUS!?!?!

Apart from people not knowing what they ride, there are also the ones who abuse the English language or just don't know what the hell they are saying.

I ride a Teem boo banjee (Team Blue Banshee...Yamaha)
I ride a SRAD (Suzuki Ram Air Direct...found on GSX-Rs)
The list goes on...

All this talk about the stupid people we run into only makes me wonder, IF evolution were true, how long ago did it stop with mankind??? :rolleyes:

MisfitToy 08-05-2008 05:24 PM

I dont think its stopped its just that we took natural selection out of the picture.... now all the ones that would have starved, frozen or been mauled are still alive, and breeding and unfortunately ordering parts for things that they have no idea about

VTRsurfer 08-05-2008 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by MisfitToy (Post 175175)
I dont think its stopped its just that we took natural selection out of the picture.... now all the ones that would have starved, frozen or been mauled are still alive, and breeding and unfortunately ordering parts for things that they have no idea about

Yeah, and they're all being supported by us taxpayers.:mad:

jserio 08-05-2008 10:17 PM

I have a confession. I am not knowing the colors to years thing. Where to find so I can edumacate myself?

Erik S. 08-06-2008 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by jserio (Post 175204)
I have a confession. I am not knowing the colors to years thing. Where to find so I can edumacate myself?

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=13982