SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Anyone from eastern PA ? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/anyone-eastern-pa-8494/)

AKohler996 04-13-2006 12:46 PM

Anyone from eastern PA ?

I am new to the site.
I am picking up my 1998 this weekend.

Alan

BirdofParadise 04-13-2006 01:11 PM

Re: Anyone from eastern PA ?

Welcome to the forum.

I worked in the Poconos for a summer. Does that count?

AKohler996 04-13-2006 01:41 PM

Only if I can work on the beach in Hawaii for the Summer :-)

BirdofParadise 04-13-2006 01:59 PM

Sure.
Just don't go in the water. Our Mayor pumped untold gallons of raw sewage in to the water recently to avoid it backing up into the hotels. It seems the previous Mayor decided an International Soccer complex was more important that over due repairs to the sewage lines (and the roadways).

You may have seen the news reports of folks getting the skin eating disease from swiming or falling in to the water here with in the last couple of weeks.

FYI
Vacationers may want to hold off buying your tickets till they clear this SHIT up.

I'm not trying to be negative...I'm just fed up with the ignorance that is ruining Paradise.

scotiemac 04-13-2006 03:10 PM

I'm also a newbie to the site. I just picked up a 2001 about 2 weeks ago. I'm located in PA outside Philly.

Scott

BirdofParadise 04-13-2006 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by AKohler996";p=&quot (Post 20565)
I am new to the site.
I am picking up my 1998 this weekend.

Alan

Is that the red one OPI was selling in GERMANY?

I hope so, the red ones are the fastest and the best base for any Super project.

denmah 04-13-2006 04:48 PM

i have a red VTR and im located in macungie PA right near ALLENTOWN

EngineNoO9 04-13-2006 11:04 PM

if you see a red streak fly past you on the highway it's probably him ^^^

:p

penst8grad 04-14-2006 07:37 AM

Is Williamsport close enough? I have friends that ride up from Philly and Lancaster because the roads down there suck.

Another friend gets a hotel here on long weekends because he thinks we have some of the best roads available in the northeast. That's a guy that took a riding vacation to europe, so I figure he knows what he is talking about.

AKohler996 04-17-2006 08:11 PM

I bought mine in Connecticut. It was a 4 hour drive on Easter Sunday, and well worth it. The 6000 mile beast is in beautiful condition !! And fun as hell to ride ... as you all know.
Denmah, is that the one that was just for sale in Macungie, for sale on cycletrader.com (I believe it had a lower fairing)

Mine has TBR pipes, a Sargent seat (very comfy) and I already added a Targa dark smoke windscreen and tank bra. It also came with Gen-Mar bar risers (and I had already bought a new set). One other thing I bought is a Ventura rack, I plan on mounting a Givi E360 top case to it, for those occassional over-nighters, using an E250 universal plate.

Alan

EngineNoO9 04-17-2006 08:34 PM

go with a tank pad instead of the bra.... I can't stand the bra on bikes and it tends to do more damage then good on all bikes I've ever seen them on... rest of the mods are nice but I'm more for the aggressive sporty stuff rather then touring mods

AKohler996 04-18-2006 03:33 AM

yes, that is the point .... to each his own.
I actually like tank bras, this is my third bike with one. I never had a problem.
The "touring" items just add to it's practicality for me. Again, not my first bike with them.
I personally do not like total rear fender removals, huggers, and I do not like most of the lowers that are made for the Superhawk.

Alan

RickB 04-18-2006 06:13 AM

I'm not that far away in Buffalo, NY but I will be in Carlisle, PA this weekend for the Spring Carlisle show/swap meet but with my Avalanche - can't carry many old truck parts home on a Superhawk :(

Are helmets still optional in PA? I took a trip out to mid ohio back in '95 to get my Nighthawk 750 and it was wierd to see people riding without them in PA and OH...

Rick B
02 SH
96 Suzuki DR200se dual sport
05 Chevy Avalanche Z71
66 Chevy C10 Stepside pickup

bkelsey 04-18-2006 06:17 AM

Yep, helmets and common sense are still optional in PA.

penst8grad 04-18-2006 06:21 AM

Just check the obituary on Monday after a nice weekend and that will tell you if helmets are mandatory or not.