SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Any other bikes as cool as the superhawk? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/any-other-bikes-cool-superhawk-10701/)

seattlesucks 03-05-2007 05:10 PM

Any other bikes as cool as the superhawk?

I bought a VFR after I totaled my sh, but it's just not the same... Are there any other bikes as cool as the superhawk, or am I going to have to buy another one? :)

marmaladedad 03-05-2007 05:23 PM

Ducati 748. :)

nuhawk 03-05-2007 05:32 PM

I have been looking at the Ducs and the KTM Supermotard. I probably will end up with another Superhawk but I'm going to be open minded about it while the lawyers haggle it all out. I guess I'll have time. I also have a 99 VFR and that's what I'll be riding for now.

joshn569 03-05-2007 06:03 PM

i want a vmax- different riding style but awesome power, i also want a 1050 speed tripple

HRCVTR1000 03-05-2007 06:16 PM

I say buy another Superhawk or maybe even a RC51 , I know whatever I get next will probably be another V Twin ( Just not a HARLEY)

Hawkrider 03-05-2007 06:19 PM

Ten Nine Eight, but you have to be willing to pay for it.

I've been pretty happy with my 1000RR. Though you might think it's a cookie cutter IL4 it's still a Honda and is (believe it or not) fairly comfortable for a sportbike. The suspension is a work in progress, as it is on all my bikes it seems, and you really can't complain about 160 RWHP...though the tires do. :)

azhawk1 03-05-2007 06:21 PM

the only other large twins I would buy on the cheaper side probably sv 1000 (naked version) because I like the riding style better than the 's' model . Or shell out the big bucks and go ducati or aprilia;)

HRCVTR1000 03-05-2007 06:40 PM

+ 1 on the Aprilia but thats some $$$ , I say that having never ridden one . By the way has anyone ever ridden the Mille R ?

HRCVTR1000 03-05-2007 06:45 PM

Oh , I almost forgot to answer the ? Any other bikes as cool as the superhawk? No ! The SUPERHAWK is the coolest bike ever made ! LOL

VTRBandit 03-05-2007 06:51 PM

Well I can't complain about my Suzuki Bandit 1200S. Much different riding style, but the beast cant be moved on the highway even in a head wind!! Ive got the rear jacked up and the pegs lowered to fit my 6'9" ass on there and its pretty dang comfortable.

Though I cant quite compare it to the SHawk just yet since mine is still broken, but in 2 weeks, shell be all back together!!

Who's goin ridin'???

trinity012 03-05-2007 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by seattlesucks (Post 43575)
I bought a VFR after I totaled my sh, but it's just not the same... Are there any other bikes as cool as the superhawk, or am I going to have to buy another one? :)

SeaS, check w/old suzuki(TL-S) weight less than Honda SH but it discont..

mikstr 03-05-2007 08:07 PM

KTM 990 Superduke is pretty sweet too. I saw and sat on one at the recent bike show in Montreal and would sure love to try one. The Ducati Hypermotard is a work of art too (and the 1098, well, it goes without saying). Some of the new Moto Guzzis are sweet too (concerns about dealer network and reliability though).
I rode a VFR a couple of years back on a dealer ride and, although it was a very competent bike (uncannily smooth), it seemed to lack soul (and mid-range).
Although I have never ridden one, the Kawasaki ZX-9 has always caught my eye. It got pretty good reviews too as a great all-round sportbike.
The Yamaha FZ1 is also said to be a good all-rounder (especially the first generation model).

mikstr 03-05-2007 08:09 PM

If I remember correctly there is/was a negligible weight difference between
the SH and TL-S, not enough to be worth mentioning....

killer5280 03-05-2007 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by mikstr (Post 43614)
If I remember correctly there is/was a negligible weight difference between
the SH and TL-S, not enough to be worth mentioning....

That's true. Not to mention that they look all wrong these days. The Super Hawk's styling has (at least to me) aged much more gracefully than either of the TL Suzukis.
The Super Duke and the Tuono both look like a blast.

Darkone22 03-06-2007 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by joshn569 (Post 43587)
i want a vmax- different riding style but awesome power, i also want a 1050 speed tripple

Yeah i would go with speed tripple just in green. Oh the other bike would be a 1098 14,999 bace price and for the S its 19k

swordfish 03-06-2007 09:30 AM

if you're willing to take a step down in displacement, you could go with the new triumph daytona. it's got more horsepower than the hawk, and more torque than any other 600cc bike out there. not as much torque as the hawk, but given the weight difference, I don't think you'd miss it. anyway I always thought that bike was badass. gonna be my next one. When I can afford to own 2 bikes. (hawk's not goin anywhere).

joshn569 03-06-2007 10:18 AM

you ever ride the675? i hated it

E.Marquez 03-06-2007 10:19 AM

For me, as I no longer seek the best, fastest, ect ect.. (not saying I do not like performance, just no longer have to have the very fastest newest toy on the block) For me, a 1984 VF45 Interceptor (pre 700cc tariff), Restored in perfect running condition... Just like the new one I owned oh so many years ago, A TL-R, just because it also is a twin, though it would have to be modded a bit to satisfy me, RC-51, again Twin & FI just for the tinker factor, 1983 KZ1000R because it was a dream bike of mine growing up. Ridden by a role model of mine. To me there are lots of cool bikes out there, many of which I would like to own, or have over the years. The SH is the toy of now, but by no means do I think it is the one and only Cool Bike,, IMHO

Heck if we start dreaming and talking gray market imports, my Cool list gets very long......:LOL

mikstr 03-06-2007 10:36 AM

Here is another for ya... I saw and sat on a Benelli T'NT (1130 cc triple) at the Montreal motorcycle show. That would be nice too. Yep, the ol' list is getting quite long....

cheers

VTwin996Rider 03-06-2007 01:01 PM

rode my riding buddies 06 speed triple 1050 over the weekend...simply put that bike is awesome.he has the arrow exhaust and the ecu was remaped by our local triumph dealer...that thing is a blast to ride and I have to say I enjoyed it better than my hawk...sorry guys...the power is awesome...awesome torque and it is very comfortable and light...i have to say that will most likely be my next bike later down the road.

L8RGYZ 03-06-2007 02:22 PM

Gixxer 600. 'Cuz hardly anyone has one & the graphics are so unique.

Str8away Hater 03-06-2007 03:53 PM

THe other bikes I lust after include (no particvular order):

Aprilia Tuono: I have a long lust history with the Tuono. I';ve never riden one, but I've sat on many. They are sexy, comfortable, and fairly rare!

KTM SuperDuke: Wow! I've never even seen one in person... I love this thing by looks and what I've read. I bet it would be a hell of a fun bike!

Buell XB-12S: May not be the prettiest or fastest, but I don't care, they are damn cool! They feel good under me, look mean, and you don't see many of them.

Triumph Speed Triple 1050: I've riden one, and it is simply amazing! I loved my 40 miles aboard this one... Of my lusted after bikes, this might be the best all around, most practical choice!

Triumph Daytona 955i: These are neat bikes. Similar to the VTR in an under apprcieated way. I think they look good, sound good, and run good. I'd really like a ride on one. With 30 more HP and similar weight and riding position, it would make a good cheap alternative! (Have to be SSSA for me though :) ).

Is it surprising that none of my favorites are popular bikes in the US? Damn the sheeple and their cookie cutter ways! :)

joshn569 03-06-2007 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by VTwin996Rider (Post 43694)
rode my riding buddies 06 speed triple 1050 over the weekend...simply put that bike is awesome.he has the arrow exhaust and the ecu was remaped by our local triumph dealer...that thing is a blast to ride and I have to say I enjoyed it better than my hawk...sorry guys...the power is awesome...awesome torque and it is very comfortable and light...i have to say that will most likely be my next bike later down the road.

yea speedtrip is awesome but handlingwise it dont compare to the hawk. the one other thing speed trip has serious stopping power, seen alot of crashers because they grab to much fbrake. if i were to get a second bike, hand down speed tripple - 1050, but id never trade my hawk for it!!

swordfish 03-07-2007 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by joshn569 (Post 43682)
you ever ride the675? i hated it

no I haven't ridden one. just sat on one. yours is the first negative response I've heard about the 675. what didn't you like about it?

Arctic Fire 03-07-2007 09:34 AM

go with a 2000-2001 Ducati 748, It's probably the only bike as cool as the Hawk, actually, there may be one more, an 88-89 HawkGT if your into a little less power :)

joshn569 03-07-2007 03:13 PM

it was to small under me, the power wasnt as great as it was cracked up to be and it was a real uncomfortable - to me. it did handle good tho-had a lap timer in it would make a great track bike.

HRCVTR1000 03-07-2007 03:46 PM

I agree with str8awayhater on the Buell

Buell XB-12S: May not be the prettiest or fastest, but I don't care, they are damn cool! They feel good under me, look mean, and you don't see many of them.

I actually got to ride a Firebolt a couple years ago at the Daytona Bike Week demo ride . I was pretty suprised at how much fun it was . Sure it vibrated like a paint shaker , but what a cool bike !

vtrlvr 03-07-2007 07:23 PM

My brother has the speed triple and my cousin had a Aprilia Falco. Man I loved that falco. I would say that bike in the fun factor and the look factor is definitely in a tight race with the Hawk.
[IMG]http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...4/000_0938.jpg[/IMG]

Thumper 03-07-2007 07:24 PM

Well i must say my girl friends 2005 SV650S is a blast to ride, much better tranny than our VTR's and i have always preferred a manual cable clutch over a Hydraulic clutch. The SV is super light and with a power commander and Micron High mount it has a bitchin sound and engine.

I could own one of these if someone teisted my arm

firestorm'n 03-07-2007 07:46 PM

Always wanted to ride the 675 daytona.