SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Almost got killed, but got an idea... (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/almost-got-killed-but-got-idea-13948/)

TheRezyReb 05-14-2008 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by reaper (Post 154422)
Actually today I rode with Hotbrakes, about +200 miles, and on the way down to his house I had two people riding my tailpipe. They only backed off when I turned around and gave them a long stare.

Because of this situation today, I plan on developing a BB dispensing unit that can be operated from the clip-ons. It would be easier and stealthier than tossing a spark plug or similar item through the clueless driver.

The idea is simple, a container would hold a pre-determined quantity of BB's and a petcock would dispense the said quantity of BB's through a plastic tube down to either the swing-arm in front of the rear tire, insuring the BB's fire back at the vehicle at an incredible speed, or dispense above the chain guard. Both ways would use gravity and motion to dump the
load.

Hahahah great idea, $15dollar bb pistol from walmart, $2 woth of bb's, $20 servo motor and switch, $.05 for zip ties. diassemble the pistol down to the barrel and air tank(and trigger). Oh I may try this just for the hell of it.

In my younger more "I don't give a f" days, we would simply kick the said aholes side mirror of, then disappear into the sunset.

The encroaching vehicle will never know what hit them.

supertrooper 05-14-2008 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Yardstick (Post 164360)
I suppose an update is in order... We rode with the camera for the first time yesterday (yes, Monday -I was 'sick' :D ). It works pretty well. I guess I didn't realize the VFR bars put me up so high. I have to look down to see the speedo if I'm riding in an 'upright' position. With the LCD mounted to the camera mount on the steering stem I have to look even further down to see the screen. Also, I didn't think about this initially, but it's a camera facing backwards... It's not a backup camera. So the left side of the screen shows the right side of the road and vice-versa. It's like turning your head 180-degrees rather than looking in a mirror. That was a little odd. The other thing I found out is that I need to charge the battery before we ride! When I started the unit up it looked like it had plenty of power, but since it didn't have much charge it kept shutting off as the voltage dropped. I could run it for about five minutes at a time so it helped in places where I really wanted it (the freeways).

So I'll have to find a way to mount the unit above my gauges and make sure it is charged for future rides, but overall it worked to my satisfaction.

I took a couple of short videos with it too. I'll post those up when I get a chance.

you might want go to a RV parts store to look at rear view cams. most are small and have night vison.

im 6'7" so no bike will have mirrors that i could see around my shoulders. i think the mirror spacers look like crap so i adjusted mine to look between my arm and chest, i raise my elbow a little and can see behide me fairly good.

if you are still spooked by that insident i would suggest you ride insead of taking the car. if you only ride in your comfort zone you wont get used to all the :asshat: drives or improve your riding skills..

vasaq 05-14-2008 07:35 AM

I had this problem and one day got bold and pushed hard on my mirror holder shaft and it suddenly gave way and it gave me another 2 inches out ...then i pulled back on my mirror some and i got a great view..i have been fine ever since. I have a great view ....

I think i will just ask my wife to sit facing away from me ...and she gives me a nudge if someone comes close enough !!