General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

back to the hawk bored

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 07:07 PM
Squid

mileyguard is on a distinguished road
Exclamation back to the hawk bored

So its been awhile , i decided at the end of last season i would take this riding season off and let my sexy hawk sit in my entry room and all was going well till people started to say i forgot how to ride or my last crash messed with my head ( it may have just a bit but not enough to quit ) so what do i do

i pulled the hawk from the house to the garage threw some air in the tires , topped of the fuel and fired up ahhh the sweet sound of this twin almost like sex LOL

anyways i kick threw the gears and ya she will still do the 100mph but kinda low on torq like will not power the front end up at all kinda pissing me off
so i figure ill pull the clutch apart as i have not changed it since i have had the bike 2012 with 19xxx on her but now shes at the mid end of 60xxx clutch for the most part looks great

i do a cold compression test and find that the rear is around 160psi and front 165 throttle open ,

looks like its time for a diff motor
unless im missing something
Old 07-10-2017, 09:12 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

GlockPointer is on a distinguished road
I want to hear how this plays out, don't disappear on us
Old 07-10-2017, 09:45 PM
Squid

honestly im just running threw everything to see whats what as im not gonna get rid of this bike , ill let it sit in my front room before i part with it ,

as of a few mins ago checked the coils with a light test and they both lit up nice and bright
so , not realy sure on where to go from here
Old 07-10-2017, 09:51 PM
Squid

so i just happen to rember that i had a hard time getting plugs for this machine and stumbled accross this
odds are some other fine member from this fourm has posted this link but here it is again
NGK DPR9EIX-9 - Alternative spark plugs
Old 07-10-2017, 09:53 PM
Squid

also i must say feel free to say hey bonehead look at this or that before doing this , as i am very open to ideas , worst case im going to buy a diff motor and procced to use all the f-words to install in LOL
Old 07-10-2017, 11:08 PM
Squid

some pics of what i have going on

so a few of the plates bother me ill admit , now that choke cable kinda pisses me off big time its a WTF moment gonna have to figure out out to get that out as its hanging up
Attached Thumbnails back to the hawk bored-img_0080%5B1%5D.jpg   back to the hawk bored-img_0088%5B1%5D.jpg   back to the hawk bored-img_0089%5B1%5D.jpg   back to the hawk bored-img_0081%5B1%5D.jpg   back to the hawk bored-img_0082%5B1%5D.jpg  

back to the hawk bored-img_0087%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 07-10-2017, 11:26 PM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
Broken plastic choke is your problem

Aluminium Choke Valve Guide - Rugged Roads

Good luck!
Old 07-11-2017, 04:39 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
I was wondering why you decided it's new motor time? Compression numbers sound fine to me. Clutch pics are hard to judge over a computer screen. Slip is easy to identify, if you know it's is, swap a new pack in there.

Definitely need to address those broken choke pieces.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:18 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by Wolverine
I was wondering why you decided it's new motor time? Compression numbers sound fine to me. Clutch pics are hard to judge over a computer screen. Slip is easy to identify, if you know it's is, swap a new pack in there.

Definitely need to address those broken choke pieces.
... right now im just tring to figure out why the heck this thing is down so much on power so im running threw most of it , the clutch had very little slip in it if at all but since i pulled it apart i see the wear on the steels so ill be replaceing thoes for sure , the choke cable will be replaced with a diff one , and im finaly going to replace the cct's as i havent done this to the bike so ill be pouring threw the pages on the info on best way to keep the timeing set when doing this

as for a new motor that is worst case that i cant figure out why this is down on power
most of this will be ordered in the morning when i get off work in hopes that i will have it here by the weekend
Old 07-11-2017, 03:11 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a good strategy. Keep us posted.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:16 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
mileyguard, Wicky just gave you a hint, start with the simple things first, your compression is fine, you have nothing to worry till it drop's to around the 140's and even then it still going to run.
Also, the clutch doesn't look that bad at all.

Last edited by NHSH; 07-11-2017 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:09 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by NHSH
mileyguard, Wicky just gave you a hint, start with the simple things first, your compression is fine, you have nothing to worry till it drop's to around the 140's and even then it still going to run.
Also, the clutch doesn't look that bad at all.
i was not for sure if he was being an *** or not as i realy havent been an active member on here but , i will be ordering one here in a few mins off of ebay

also looking at a new air filter as this one is tosted well cloged

sorry that i post late on here but i dont get home till 2am central time

anyways thanks people off to ebay then bed
Old 07-12-2017, 09:32 AM
Squid

well hopefully these ship dates are wrong as i would like the parts by the weekend and not sometime next week on this stuff
Old 07-14-2017, 10:53 AM
Squid

so parts are on the way one is waiting for the bike ( choke cable ) does this just pull out of the carb or ? it dosent look like ill get everything i ordered by sat but i will get what is needed to fire up the motor

also i read the thred on the cct install , stupid question would it be easyer to do this with out the plugs installed so you would not have to fight the compression , i only ask this as the plugs are not currently in the bike

not gonna lie i am kinda afrade of the click of doom so i may just say the heck with it hand take it to the local honda shop and have them install them
Old 07-14-2017, 12:12 PM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
With the damaged choke it's like a leaking collapsed lung on a human being - fix before doing anything...

Installing MCCCTS is a 2hour - afternoon's job IF you read the instructions and have no problem i.e. knackered generator plug, getting the airbox screws out, having the right /sufficient tools...

Krieger Cam Chain Tensioners

Last edited by Wicky; 07-14-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:03 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by Wicky
With the damaged choke it's like a leaking collapsed lung on a human being - fix before doing anything...

Installing MCCCTS is a 2hour - afternoon's job IF you read the instructions and have no problem i.e. knackered generator plug, getting the airbox screws out, having the right /sufficient tools...

Krieger Cam Chain Tensioners
i do beleve that the choke showed up today , also waiting on clutch cover gasket before i start to reasemble anything ... crap that reminds me i need to get a new oil filter just like me to buy the oil and forget the filter
Old 07-15-2017, 05:33 PM
Squid

well this is gonna take a bit longer as the choke cable that i ordered does not have the plastic ends on it , it has the boots but on the ends FML
Old 07-15-2017, 05:46 PM
Squid

so aparently the part i need is called the valve set starter its what the coke cable goes threw 16046-MBB-640
Old 07-16-2017, 11:19 AM
Squid

well because i cant leave well enough alone , i ended up epoxing that plastic part together till i can see if the part on bike bandit comes with it , and i can say that shes alive , i havent taken it out just yet i will here in a few it

wicky if i ever make it back to your side of the pond i owe you a drink of class sir
Old 07-16-2017, 12:37 PM
Squid

took it out for a ride and am sorry to say the power is still not there so my little glueing prob didnt work and it needs the mcct's but it was nice just to put a few miles on her ill keep it this way till the rest of the parts show up , ill keep you guys posted
Old 07-22-2017, 11:53 AM
Squid

so i got some more parts in today , i bought a rear seat cowl and choke cable from captainchaos thumbs up to that guy as his shipping was freaking fast and he deff took care of me at a good price gonna have to buy from him again , on another note i also ordered new clipons off ebay and guess what yes they are the wrong fing ones , i did the the mcct's in as well .
i will head out to the garage and install this choke cable and see what happens
Old 07-22-2017, 01:10 PM
Squid

its still not right it did get a but better but its still not right
Old 07-22-2017, 01:13 PM
Squid

now the veloicity stacks tall in the rear short in the front ?
Old 07-22-2017, 03:56 PM
Squid

so feel free to call me a freaking dumb *** cause ya i saw that the back plastic nut was broke you would think i would look at the front but nooooooo , ya it was broke too yo dumb *** over here , its just about back together , taking a min then ill put the tank back on
Old 07-22-2017, 04:24 PM
Squid

nope think again dosent have the power to lift
Old 07-22-2017, 04:55 PM
Squid

starts to break up at 6500
Old 07-22-2017, 05:00 PM
Squid

so heres a question , i had the top of the airbox off with the bike running , i could see the rear carb shutter but not the front , is that how its suppose to work
Old 07-31-2017, 03:24 AM
Squid

so here it is 520am my time and mcct's installed bike for the most part back together , fired her up sounds real good , throttle responce seems back , we will see how the torq turns out here in a few hrs havent decided if i am gonna stay up and put the body work on and take it for the first spin or wait get a few zzz's then finish her
STAY TUNED FOR more
Old 07-31-2017, 06:48 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mileyguard
now the veloicity stacks tall in the rear short in the front ?
Short in front.

Originally Posted by mileyguard
so heres a question , i had the top of the airbox off with the bike running , i could see the rear carb shutter but not the front , is that how its suppose to work
Maybe someone else will chime in, but I wonder if there is a hole in the rear diaphragm.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:13 PM
Squid

well 6500 and still shutters , runs good just no lift power kinda kicking my ***

Quick Reply: back to the hawk bored