SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   advice requested - 2000 Firestorm (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/advice-requested-2000-firestorm-17259/)

Kymera 01-17-2009 04:13 PM

advice requested - 2000 Firestorm

Hi all,

I just signed up and I'm looking for advice. A friend of mines brother is selling his 2000 Firestorm. He is the original owner, it's in freakishly mint condition and completely stock. He's asking for $4K.

I've done some searching but I can't seem to find much on that model year. It's also a turquoise blue and searching the net I have only seen a few pics that resemble it.

Anyone with any info, experience on the 2000 model year it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

g_clarke_2008 01-17-2009 04:20 PM

They didn't change much over the years so they all pretty much the same. Other than the normal CCT issue it'll be a great bike. I notice you said firestorm not superhawk, I'm in Calgary, Canada and I know a guy who is selling a 2000 that is the same color. The last time I emailed him he sad he'd take 3500 but it does have a little rash on the clutch cover and the right fairing from a low speed tip on gravel so if you are talking 4k canadian that's not a bad price. Mine is a 98 and I paid 3500 for it.

Kymera 01-17-2009 04:33 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yeah, I'm out east of you; far east, not central :0)

When you say CCT issue, is a cam tensioner expensive to fix? How about overall reliability? Things to look out for when buying? Thanks again.

g_clarke_2008 01-17-2009 04:42 PM

The APE CCT's are inexpensive and worth every penny, they can save your bike. Other than that it is one of the most reliable bike's out there. If you read through the forum you will see that there are a lot of bikes here with 50k miles and still running strong with no major problems. Mine has 48 500 kms and has needed very little and still runs perfect!

finepooch 01-17-2009 05:42 PM

luke from moncton nb. where are you? i have a yellow 2000 FIRESTORM! love it. boughtlast summer it in freddy beach, $3750CAD out the door, on the road. it was dropped, just very minor damage. few little touch ups here and there. i love the bike very much.
there are a couple for sale in moncton, one at g. bourque with a bit of rash and one at atlantic motoplex which is absolutey mint.
love to help you out as much as possibe.
lukedelehanty@yahoo.ca

SD Hawk 01-17-2009 06:17 PM

$3-$4K seems like the going price for a clean, low mile hawk. Got my '98 a little over a year ago for $3000.00 with 8000 miles on the clock.

bowhawk 01-18-2009 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Kymera (Post 196320)
Thanks for the prompt reply. Yeah, I'm out east of you; far east, not central :0)

When you say CCT issue, is a cam tensioner expensive to fix? How about overall reliability? Things to look out for when buying? Thanks again.

I'm in the Toronto area and know of 2 stock 2000's at a dealer with low kms going for 3750/4250 (GPBikes.com). A friend of mine also has a 2001 that has all the goodies. It was prepared by a pro race team but not raced. He is askong in the 6000 range but can be persuaded by cash. Cheers

finepooch 01-18-2009 06:42 AM

how much bike do youget for $3-4k? the hawk is A LOT of bike for that amount of money. one of the best values out there.

Kymera 01-18-2009 09:57 AM

Just saw the bike for the first time. It is indeed in mint condition and well maintained.

There have been a few mods. The signals, back and front are after market and the brake
Lines are upgraded (braided cable). I didn't realize how narrow it was. The previous owner also had it in the local Honda shop and had the CCT checked / updated and other regular maintenance done.

It looks like a great bike and I'm about to be a Firestorm owner!

finepooch 01-18-2009 12:11 PM

great! you won't regret it!