SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Forum Feedback (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/forum-feedback-39/)
-   -   why does forum log me off at will? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/forum-feedback-39/why-does-forum-log-me-off-will-20535/)

jmadsen 10-23-2009 08:54 PM

why does forum log me off at will?

hi,i don't know if this happens to anybody else but when i log in and start looking around at forums and want to reply to any of them,and go through typing out reply and hit reply button it say i'm not allowed to.then i go back to top of page log back in again and everything works.it's getting a little old retyping everything over sometimes twice.any ideas why this happens?
thanks for any help/advice

RK1 10-23-2009 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by jmadsen (Post 240168)
hi,i don't know if this happens to anybody else but when i log in and start looking around at forums and want to reply to any of them,and go through typing out reply and hit reply button it say i'm not allowed to.then i go back to top of page log back in again and everything works.it's getting a little old retyping everything over sometimes twice.any ideas why this happens?
thanks for any help/advice

Probably the security settings on your browser. Don't ask me for details, I just know this;

I run two browsers, Firefox and IE. I've got high security on Firefox, less on IE.

If I log on with Firefox, same happens to me as you. If I log on with my lower security IE, it doesn't.

jmadsen 10-23-2009 09:08 PM

thanks "Rk1" i'll have to figure out what my browser is and investigate.at least i now have a idea where to look.thanks again and have a good weekend

Little_Horse 10-23-2009 09:34 PM

also there are two places you can sign in, the middle of the page (roughly) and the upper right corner. The difference is the one in the middle has default checked the remember me box where as the upper right does not. I don't know if this is why sometimes it remembers you and sometimes it doesn't, but I would start by always making sure the remember me box is checked before worrying about browser settings.

jmadsen 10-23-2009 09:51 PM

thanks "cornandp" next time i log in i'll do that first,because honestly i don't know a thing about computers,so i was going to have to get my son in law to check into browser question.have a good weekend

stebbdt 10-24-2009 04:58 AM

+1 on the remember me, and ya need to re check it if ya clean out yer cookies and temp internet files. Which we all do once a week.. right everyone?

jmadsen 10-24-2009 08:48 AM

hey "stebbdt" how do you clean out cookies and temp files?. by the way how's it going? back to question at hand.i suppose if i had a ton of cookies my computer would be all fat and slow,what a clever analogy heh?
if it's to long to sit and type out is there a tutorial in my computer that deals with it?take it easy.

FlamFlamMan 10-25-2009 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by jmadsen (Post 240190)
hey "stebbdt" how do you clean out cookies and temp files?. by the way how's it going? back to question at hand.i suppose if i had a ton of cookies my computer would be all fat and slow,what a clever analogy heh?
if it's to long to sit and type out is there a tutorial in my computer that deals with it?take it easy.

There are a few ways, but the simplest which I assume you would want involves:
Internet Explorer: Tools>Internet Options>History>Delete>Select everything you want to delete.
Firefox (newest version): Tools>Clear Recent History>Details> Select what you want to delete and the time period.

NOTE: If you rely on your computer to store your internet passwords you might want to make sure you don't delete them.

I've got other browsers at home, but this should work for most windows pcs. Hope it helps, but it won't fix the log in problem.

jmadsen 10-26-2009 09:37 PM

thanks Joel,i like the spelled out steps helpful to a commputer illiterate like me.