SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Forum Feedback (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/forum-feedback-39/)
-   -   Mirrors (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/forum-feedback-39/mirrors-29094/)

Stasiek750 08-28-2012 05:17 PM

Mirrors

Crusch mi mirros ,Ned new WANs any sugestions?

Jack Flash 08-28-2012 06:48 PM

EMGO if your looking for the stock look, without the stock price. Nice quality, solid, fits perfectly, and you can still in them even when you open throttle.

By the way, your spelling sucks..;)

Stasiek750 08-28-2012 06:51 PM

I now 2 lengwich you now

Jack Flash 08-28-2012 06:51 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

twist 11-08-2012 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jack Flash (Post 340839)
EMGO if your looking for the stock look, without the stock price. Nice quality, solid, fits perfectly, and you can still in them even when you open throttle.

By the way, your spelling sucks..;)

EMGO mirrors that look stock? Mr. Flash, why didn't you tell me about these when I was looking fer a replacement mount? You holdin out on me? Tell me more about these EMGO mirrors, where can I look at them? You holding out on the main faring stay too? :violin:

Jack Flash 11-09-2012 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by twist (Post 344565)
EMGO mirrors that look stock? Mr. Flash, why didn't you tell me about these when I was looking fer a replacement mount? You holdin out on me? Tell me more about these EMGO mirrors, where can I look at them? You holding out on the main faring stay too? :violin:

:noevil:Sorry Johann, never ment any wrong. ;)

I check with my contacts in the motorcycle business. They have many
EMGO type mirrors for all kinds of bikes, but when I asked them to order
them for me, they gave me this BS answer that they needed to order five sets, and where afraid to do so since the Chicken is not as popular as other models. And this, even if I order annually over 20 000$ from them.

Anyway, ended up on fleebay, and got myself a set from these guy's
Honda VTR1000 98-05 Left Black Mirror | eBay

Came in very fast, professional and only set me back about 100$ for
left and right side.

If I find main fairing stay, hell, you're the first too know dude !

:nana:

smokinjoe73 11-09-2012 07:49 AM

What? $100 for a pair of mirrors? Do you want to buy this bridge I have here in Brooklyn?

Jack Flash 11-09-2012 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 344579)
What? $100 for a pair of mirrors? Do you want to buy this bridge I have here in Brooklyn?

Sorry Smokin, I purchased alot of stuff when I ordered the mirrors,
and found myself with a few invoices. If you check my link, they cost
30$ each, plus shipping, so, roughly 75$ total.

To me this is a good price for new mirrors, that work even better then
OEM. If you have a better deal, share with us your info, next time, I'll
deal your way instead. I'm also sure other forum members will also be interested in what you recommend.

As for the bridge, will you settle for 12,73$ ? My girl friend ran through my
wallet this morning mumbling something about no time...and bank...so, this is all I have left.
;)

smokinjoe73 11-09-2012 08:33 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Flash, you can see why I thought 100clams for "cheaper aftermarkets" was outlandish.

I have always use cbr900 mirrors because they are so much bigger (reflect surfce) and clearer than the stock wierd shape. You have to drill an extra hole in the base but they are SO plentiful.

Recently I got a set of stock GSXR1K mirrors. They are wider and have really bright running/ turnsignal lights in them & cars really notice you.

I had to build small adapters but it was just bent angle iron with holes drilled.

I paid $30 shipped for the pair so I guess I have cheap gene. They are awesome.

smokinjoe73 11-09-2012 08:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Couple more pics

smokinjoe73 11-09-2012 08:45 AM

And some vids

Jack Flash 11-09-2012 08:49 AM

I see what you mean. I realy like the turn signals inside the mirrors, definately a + for being seen.

You see, I can get the Gixr mirrors with turn signals in them from EMGO,
and my cost each is about 34$ new. So, if you got them new also for 30$,
thats great. I love the US for that, stuff is so much cheaper to get then up here.
If I look at the CBR's , like yours, I'm looking at about 17-18$ new, once again from EMGO.

Nothing wrong with having cheap genes. Never know when you're going
to need that money some day.

Jack Flash 11-09-2012 08:57 AM

That third eye is realy bright, not OEM for sure.

smokinjoe73 11-09-2012 08:58 AM

The most amazing thing was how it felt to ride the bike through fri night NYC traffic. It was like the parting of the red sea as cars let me through. I was astonished how much more they saw me. Priceless.

The lights on the cbr mirrors are just pep boys stick on flexi led strips.

smokinjoe73 11-09-2012 09:04 AM

3rd eye is something like this 24 SMD 5050 Pure White Light Panel T10 BA9S Festoon Dome 24 LED Interior Bulb | eBay

Super cheap and bright.

Jack Flash 11-09-2012 09:06 AM

Cool. Plug'n'play, you gotta love that. Thanks Smokin.